Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #57
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Seriously, a 75 year old was behind the wheel! Wow, now that's impressive. Not the best launch, but pretty darn good, like to see what time he would of done with a perfect launch! That's one fast ride!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #58
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
This thread makes no sense. The OP didn't technically win, the Mclaren driver didn't even know it was a challenge, and the owner of the Mclaren that he's now arguing with wasn't even driving the car on that run.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #59
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
This thread makes no sense. The OP didn't technically win, the Mclaren driver didn't even know it was a challenge, and the owner of the Mclaren that he's now arguing with wasn't even driving the car on that run.
You just won at the internet lol

I think it's pretty bad ass the MP4 owner actually has been a member on this site for a while. I love me an MP4.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #60
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
IIRC - MP4 ran a best of 10.19 that day according to the owner.

That is nearly a 1/2 second faster than the well modded ZL1.

Also, there is no comparison between a ZL1 and a Mclaren. Sure, they can be modded enough to beat one down the 1/4 mile, but, what about Braking, Handling, Versatility, Driveability (Factoring in a heavily modded car will be less driveable and reliable than a stock car), etc.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Old 01-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #61
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
It was a good race even with one not really racing the other. That being said, most anyone who races a car that cost so many times more will be happy when they cross the finish line first. As many have said, you could mod a rusted out VW bug to be a 1/4 mile champ and have the same reaction if it raced a $60K ZL1. People usually love to see a perceived underdog win. I'm sure many would look at that ZL1 versus that low, aerodynamic supercar and think it's going to win easily over the Camaro. How many times has the GTR vs LFA been talked about. Very close in performance but the LFA costs many times more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Also, there is no comparison between a ZL1 and a Mclaren. Sure, they can be modded enough to beat one down the 1/4 mile, but, what about Braking, Handling, Versatility, Driveability (Factoring in a heavily modded car will be less driveable and reliable than a stock car), etc.
As for reliability, what if the "stock" car isn't reliable to begin with? I'm not saying the McLaren isn't, but just because a car is stock doesn't mean it's more reliable than a modded car. Stock doesn't always mean it's reliable when pushed hard. If the modded car is done right, then I'd wager it's more reliable than it was stock.

Wonder how close a stock 2015 Z06 with the Z07 pkg would be? I can't wait to see how quick it goes straight and in the turns.

I just love seeing supercars at the dragstrip because most of the time you see them stuck in traffic.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
Old 01-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #62
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You just won at the internet lol

I think it's pretty bad ass the MP4 owner actually has been a member on this site for a while. I love me an MP4.
...and he's got a sweet list of cars in his sig including a ZL1
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #63
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
I challenge your 75 year old dad!!!..............To a foot race!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #64
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Boys arguing about their toys and which is faster........ How awesome that drag strips exist.... Go and settle this nonsense like men. Post the video please.

Screw ten races, one race winner takes credit. Nothing like racing under pressure and not letting stats and probabilty take over. Every underdog that ever won did so because of heart that day, that moment.

OP, u lost cred big time when u said AWD mclaren. U gained mine back by runing so fast and racing ur camaro.

Mclaren camaro owner, u lost cred when u started touting money and $1000 a race but wanting $5000 in return. U should ve just politely asked for a re race knowing most of us camaro owners dont have that kind of cash. U gained my respect back when I heard who was actually running ur car.

So please, settle it on the track because now we have two camaro owners being mean to each other.

PS: best part of the story, the 75 year old guy that had the best quarter time doesnt give a rats ass because he had the time of his life!!! Awesome!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #65
skyking650

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet ZL1 - Red/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Boys arguing about their toys and which is faster........ How awesome that drag strips exist.... Go and settle this nonsense like men. Post the video please.

Screw ten races, one race winner takes credit. Nothing like racing under pressure and not letting stats and probabilty take over. Every underdog that ever won did so because of heart that day, that moment.

OP, u lost cred big time when u said AWD mclaren. U gained mine back by runing so fast and racing ur camaro.

Mclaren camaro owner, u lost cred when u started touting money and $1000 a race but wanting $5000 in return. U should ve just politely asked for a re race knowing most of us camaro owners dont have that kind of cash. U gained my respect back when I heard who was actually running ur car.

So please, settle it on the track because now we have two camaro owners being mean to each other.

PS: best part of the story, the 75 year old guy that had the best quarter time doesnt give a rats ass because he had the time of his life!!! Awesome!
I don't hate camaro owners....I love camaros! I hate false hero's and people who tout and spout off at the mouth when they really have no claim to anything. He could have simply posted his fastest run video of the day but instead he chose poorly and now he has become the laughing stock of the Internet. Your mistake jizzle is that this guy never came and asked me to run and the track had a "call out" board in place all day and announced it all day. I would have GLADLY accepted a challenge or call out from this guy! Instead he decided to take advantage of someone who just so happened to be going down the track unaware of his sleezy intentions. So you will earn my credibility when you understand that we would have loved to race this guy....and I'm quite sure that even my 75 year old dad would have paid attention to the reaction time if he knew there was an actual race between two cars, not the driver and the timeclock.

I asked him for only 500 in return (half of what I'd pay if i lost)...and he claimed clearly that he had the extra 150,000.00 saved from not buying a Mclaren....I want some of that cash! Beating his slow Camaro will be easy...I'm thinking forward about the money! The last thing i would ever do is take advantage of someone who is less fortunate then me financially. This guy made no claim of being a typical Camaro owner. I work hard for my money...I'm a United States Marine Veteran, I give my time and pay the expense of flying my own airplane to transport wounded soldiers from military hospitals home to their families at no cost to these real hero's, as some of their injuries will not allow them to travel commercially. So as you can see, the money from teaching this false hero a lesson is insignificant.

The bottom line is that this guy is an insult to the Camaro nation, but if it helps to call him out for the spanking he so deserves, I will change my challenge to say that any winnings will be donated to a charity of the winners choice! Let's see if he can find a way to "bolt" his spine back in!
2012 Mclaren MP4-12C (10.19 @ 137 mph)
2012 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 2SS/RS Aqua Blue SChrged (12.04 @ 117 mph)
2006 Mercedes SLR Mclaren (10.80 @ 129 mph)
1997 Dodge Viper GTS BTR 750SS ( 9.62 @ 149 mph)
1987 Buick T-Type
2005 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle V-Rod
Citation 500 Jet Airplane

Last edited by skyking650; 01-29-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #66
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
You know what they say about wrestling pigs, right?

Skyking,

Nice set of toys man. You do have good taste.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #67
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking650 View Post
I don't hate camaro owners....I love camaros! I hate false hero's and people who tout and spout off at the mouth when they really have no claim to anything.
...and you choose to post on internet forums? Are you sure you're not dead and living your own personal hell, in that case?
Old 01-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #68
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Well, this posted started out well then got ugly..

OP, your car is very nice but I agree with skiking on this...there is no way even a modded Camaro is "keeping up" with a super or is the case of the McLaren; hyper car.

Last year, I spent a day on the at the vegas speedway in a Lamborghini Aventador. Even if I had 1khp there is no way I would be able to keeping going at the same pace as the lambo did. Straight line or track would not matter.

Our cars are mass produced and offer great bang for the buck. Cars like the McLaren are hand built and the materials used in construction are highest tier...

As someone posted earlier on another thread when he raced a 2014 Shelby; he beat the driver, not the car...

I also do a lot of competitive shooting sports (3-gun nation). At almost every match, someone brags about how there slightly modified $500 Glock or stock AR-15 will "keep up" with a 5k custom pistol or tuned rifle. They don't.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #69
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I don't hate camaro owners....I love camaros! I hate false hero's and people who tout and spout off at the mouth when they really have no claim to anything. He could have simply posted his fastest run video of the day but instead he chose poorly and now he has become the laughing stock of the Internet. Your mistake jizzle is that this guy never came and asked me to run and the track had a "call out" board in place all day and announced it all day. I would have GLADLY accepted a challenge or call out from this guy! Instead he decided to take advantage of someone who just so happened to be going down the track unaware of his sleezy intentions. So you will earn my credibility when you understand that we would have loved to race this guy....and I'm quite sure that even my 75 year old dad would have paid attention to the reaction time if he knew there was an actual race between two cars, not the driver and the timeclock.

I asked him for only 500 in return (half of what I'd pay if i lost)...and he claimed clearly that he had the extra 150,000.00 saved from not buying a Mclaren....I want some of that cash! Beating his slow Camaro will be easy...I'm thinking forward about the money! The last thing i would ever do is take advantage of someone who is less fortunate then me financially. This guy made no claim of being a typical Camaro owner. I work hard for my money...I'm a United States Marine Veteran, I give my time and pay the expense of flying my own airplane to transport wounded soldiers from military hospitals home to their families at no cost to these real hero's, as some of their injuries will not allow them to travel commercially. So as you can see, the money from teaching this false hero a lesson is insignificant.

The bottom line is that this guy is an insult to the Camaro nation, but if it helps to call him out for the spanking he so deserves, I will change my challenge to say that any winnings will be donated to a charity of the winners choice! Let's see if he can find a way to "bolt" his spine back in!
Well said. I do believe there is a clinical name for what vigo has, it's called diarrhea of the mouth, every time he opens it sh*t just comes flying out uncontrollably, I have to wonder if its really his fault. LMFAO

Last edited by CanadianZL1#992; 01-30-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #70
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:

Wow there you go whining again, do you need paper to dry your tears, like I said before I'm available if you need some counseling, I know it hurts, but it was your decision to buy a super duper car. Accept it, your super duper car got smoked by a Camaro ZL1.

Do we have to talk about money again, its getting boring, you are the laughing stock of this thread. Like I said before, your super duper car is overrated, you should put your efforts into your ZL1, and take it to a real shop, so it can park your super duper car like I did. You should sell your super duper car and donate it to Charity.

An insult to the Camaro community, really, you must be dreaming or something, I just parked your super duper car with my Camaro. I can predict your next post, you will defend your super duper overrated car again and tell us all that your car is the best and my Camaro didn't spank your super duper car, its getting old!!! If you would have taken your time to read the beginning of this thread, you would have seen that I was playing nice, but you didn't, so now I have to play hardball and embarrass you every time you post. Please don't cry too much when you watch the video again.

Closed Thread