#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Snowvert, I really enjoy a well written rebuttal, one supported with logic, reason, and real numbers. Your rebuttal fit the bill nicely... well played, my friend!

Thank you sir, I do appreciate it
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I own a Sonic LTZ Automatic as well.

It does handle like a go cart, and I would say that it does handle corners as well as, if not better than my SS did.

Even with the Turbo, though...it is just "peppy", and powering out of the corners has to be timed rather than just brute forced.

Easily could drive the SS faster through even most twisties than the Sonic...though if it was continuous 25mph corners, the Sonic would have the edge.
Handling and grip are not the same thing. The sonic may feel more controlled in slow corners, but it won't have nearly as much grip and will corner a lot slower.

Quote:
Camaro guy...If you wanna meet me at some twisties, I will gladly take off traction control over boost my manifold, and speed shift through the turns looking like Mario Andretti, while you fish tail and wonder how I beat you. So go on with your bad self.

Besides, if I decide to get a flash tune, turbo pressure regulator, electronic exhaust cutouts, and a engine management system, I could easily hit my switches and keep up with you while my engine sips on gas around 38mpg. So in your face!
LOL.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
There are delusional people here too. I read many of their threads every day. They're all over the world. But, this guy isn't delusional. He's jealous.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Now I know what the people in my rear view are thinking
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #19

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Haha good reply. There are delusional people everywhere.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Cool story. Now to wait for the response.

The human ego is a very strange and delicate thing. We all strive to be validated in some way. We are all lucky that we have such amazing cars, but those who aren't as fortunate have to settle for bragging instead. It's profoundly sad.

I have a high paying job (contract) that is ending in July, and so I am feeling really humbled right now whilst looking for my next contract. The job hunt is a very stressful and humbling experience, being judged and waiting around to be validated. In the past, I used my car for some harmless "put downs" on the highway only because I had the means to show off. Now that I am in a potentially vicarious financial position, I realize how temporary and delicate everything is. Your gains could be lost at any moment. Moral of the story is: be happy with your blessings, and let others do what they feel they must to feel good about their delicate circumstances.

"I have a device in my pocket that can access the entirety of knowledge known to man.
I use it to look at pictures of cars and have arguments with strangers."
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote