Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2024, 01:21 PM   #169
Jonathan91

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart-...p-immobilizer/

This!

I bought it a few weeks ago and wanted to give it some time before reporting back. I am really impressed with it. Two thumbs up.

It was fast & easy to install and it's effective. Automatically activates 30 seconds after you shut down so no remembering. You can install it in multiple relay positions on the 6th Gen. You'll have to guess where its installed.

Customer support was great, too. I had a problem with the first one being "glitchy". Front the start, It didn't always let me start the car. I'd have to "play with it" with multiple tries to get the car to start. I was really disappointed. Put new batteries in the remote, etc. No help.

They called me back, listened to my issue. Said they have never had any problems with one before. Then they found an employee with a 6th Gen and went out to the parking lotto play with it on his Camaro and then called me back. They said it was not doing that on his car and mine should not be doing that. They took a new one, double checked it on the test equipment, and then sent it out to me. I installed the new one about three weeks ago and it has worked perfectly since. I highly recommend!

What relay did you replace it with?
Jonathan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 02:59 PM   #170
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
Camaro thefts are all over the news around these parts.
I just ordered a Ravelco anti-theft device. They will come to my
crib to install it.
You won't be disappointed with the Ravelco. I had one installed in my SS sedan and was extremely happy. I've never heard of pins failing, or any other nonsense as far as it failing in any way. As long as you pull the plug, there is no starting the car, period.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 03:11 PM   #171
IndyZrider

Drives: 21 SHOCK ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Ravelco can and has failed (pins wear out). Surely it is rare, but I've seen youtube videos after 3ish years the pins gave out.

If IGLA fails, it fails open making it useless as it can't send messages to the car to block anything
Good thing you get 2 plugs and can order more....never had one fail on 6 vehicles....
IndyZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:09 AM   #172
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I installed the Mobilistics relay yesterday, and it works. Going to be taking a trip this spring, staying in hotels for a few nights in unfamiliar areas. Not going to take any chances. I'm also going to unclip the OBD port and tuck it away up in the dash, install a dummy port, and put a lock over it. Then top it off with a steering wheel club. Just making it more difficult for a thief looking for a quick target.
Thats pretty much what I am doing. I need to get the lock for the obdii port still.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:12 AM   #173
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
https://www.mobilistics.com/nostart-...p-immobilizer/

This!

I bought it a few weeks ago and wanted to give it some time before reporting back. I am really impressed with it. Two thumbs up.

It was fast & easy to install and it's effective. Automatically activates 30 seconds after you shut down so no remembering. You can install it in multiple relay positions on the 6th Gen. You'll have to guess where its installed.

Customer support was great, too. I had a problem with the first one being "glitchy". Front the start, It didn't always let me start the car. I'd have to "play with it" with multiple tries to get the car to start. I was really disappointed. Put new batteries in the remote, etc. No help.

They called me back, listened to my issue. Said they have never had any problems with one before. Then they found an employee with a 6th Gen and went out to the parking lotto play with it on his Camaro and then called me back. They said it was not doing that on his car and mine should not be doing that. They took a new one, double checked it on the test equipment, and then sent it out to me. I installed the new one about three weeks ago and it has worked perfectly since. I highly recommend!
I was having a similar issue - that it would take me hitting the mobilistics fob a few times and fiddling with it before I could get the car started.

Then I realised I wasn't pressuing the fob long enough - it needs a good two seconds press before the relay is activated. Now it seems to be working fine.

My only issue with the mobilistics is that the relay is visibily different than the factory relays - I would like to put a label on it to make it look factory.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:06 PM   #174
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
Then I realised I wasn't pressuing the fob long enough - it needs a good two seconds press before the relay is activated. Now it seems to be working fine.

My only issue with the mobilistics is that the relay is visibily different than the factory relays - I would like to put a label on it to make it look factory.
I haven't noticed that issue. A real quick click on the button might not work, but a good press even less than a second will work for me.

I agree with the visibility of the relay, it's quite different than the others.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 11:39 AM   #175
Bobrs

Drives: Chevrolet camaro rs
Bring back the steering column lock

I had a kill switch installed on my 1986 monte carlo ss which save it from being stolen the thieves broke into the car busted the left side of the steering column to start the car but couldn't when I got the car back from the body shop they had this device from Ace Lock in two parts that wrap around your steering column that part you never removed the other when over the top of the steering column it locked onto the what was already wrapped around the column and it had a small steel bar that block you from turning the steering wheel you locked it then with a stainless steel lock that was protected by the bar and it was easy on and easy off if I could find this same steering wheel column lock I'm on it.
Bobrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:59 PM   #176
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
I was having a similar issue - that it would take me hitting the mobilistics fob a few times and fiddling with it before I could get the car started.

The fuel pump relay is in the fuse box in the trunk under the mat. Much harder to find. I'm pretty sure it's the same part number as the starter relay in the front. I need to pull everything out of the trunk and check it out.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:22 AM   #177
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Looking for a kill switch? You can always put an inline on/off switch on the stater fuse. Pretty easy to with under the hood fuse box or put the on/off switch to one of the wires going to the push button starter button. I would recommend just doing the ground wire so no power going thru your on/off button.

Below is location video of fuse relay and fuse for starter. Chose your location, I would imagine you would get tired off opening your hood ever start but it would defeat the thieves trying to start your car electronically.

https://youtu.be/WTQu9U5JXCo?feature=shared

Below video for push button start button.

https://youtu.be/dYfkLRU6hJQ?feature=shared
Just some info for people that do this: You have to pull both the Starter Relay and the Vacuum Pump relay as they are interchangeable and you don't need a vacuum pump to drive the car.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:28 AM   #178
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan91 View Post
What relay did you replace it with?
K10 in the engine bay fuse box.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:37 AM   #179
IMCWORTH

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible ZL1 A10
with all the information we are giving on this site on how were protecting our cars a good hood lock may be necessary.

https://q-latch.com/QL-38L-LPBP.jpg
IMCWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:31 AM   #180
FlukeSS

I'm thinking this thread needs to be hidden behind a pay wall now.

Everything we are saying here is publicly searchable by these thieves.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 03-21-2024, 10:34 AM   #181
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
I'm thinking this thread needs to be hidden behind a pay wall now.

Everything we are saying here is publicly searchable by these thieves.
And the thieves will be the first ones to "donate" to access it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:38 AM   #182
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
And the thieves will be the first ones to "donate" to access it.
You aren't helping.