Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
dekee

Drives: none
Buying Soon: What Options

I've been lurking for a couple of years and finally ready to buy since my least is up at the end of the month.

What options should I get? Any negotiating advice?

I was thinking about the 2SS 1LE, but wasn't convinced that added cost was worth it.

What options are a most of for the 1LE SS?
dekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
PDR is about the only one I would think of as a 'must'. Of course, saying that the only option my 1SS has is the 1LE package. I think any other options are just cosmetic or dealer installed stuff anyways, other than a 2SS 1LE

I would have liked PDR, but the only dealer in the area with a PDR optioned car wouldn't budge from almost sticker price. I have a dash cam that has better audio / video than the PDR, and I'm not enough of a track geek to worry about all the data from the PDR.
Laststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
Sleeks

Drives: None
If you don't want to mess with a go-pro or other camera setup, get the PDR. Makes track day videos a breeze.

I also got the black bow-ties, but that is just cosmetic. I think beyond the actual 1LE package, most stuff is just cosmetic anyway.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:54 AM   #4
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
I am 100% happy with my 1LE other than the stock audio system. So, if music is important to you, get the 2ss 1LE. Otherwise, id save the cash and get a 1ss 1le
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
I am 100% happy with my 1LE other than the stock audio system. So, if music is important to you, get the 2ss 1LE. Otherwise, id save the cash and get a 1ss 1le
+1

I did try to get the PDR as it's a pretty cool option.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Have had mine for almost a year. I've never used my PDR....
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
Have had mine for almost a year. I've never used my PDR....
Even if you don't use it on track. It's crazy not to use it as a dash cam. I use it for everything! I record my daily commute in case something happens and when I put it in the garage at night, I delete the videos. Use the Valet mode recorder when I get it serviced or Valet parked. I use the overlay videos for mountain runs, autoX, and track days. If for no other reason, get it to help the resale value on the car. Anyone who is looking for a used 1LE will likely be looking to get a PDR equipped car.

As far as other options I wouldn't bother. You can usually find them cheaper elsewhere. My cars only option was a PDR. I got my bowties covered with matte black vinyl for $20 and got hooked up with free suede knee pads, and 1LE floor mats. Even if they weren't free they are available cheaper from retailers than the dealer. Only one I would consider getting is the glowtie if you are set on getting it. Because it requires removing the bumper for install.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Even if you don't use it on track. It's crazy not to use it as a dash cam. I use it for everything! I record my daily commute in case something happens and when I put it in the garage at night, I delete the videos. Use the Valet mode recorder when I get it serviced or Valet parked. I use the overlay videos for mountain runs, autoX, and track days. If for no other reason, get it to help the resale value on the car. Anyone who is looking for a used 1LE will likely be looking to get a PDR equipped car.
I'm not against it, I'm just not sure how to do all that.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post

As far as other options I wouldn't bother. You can usually find them cheaper elsewhere. My cars only option was a PDR. I got my bowties covered with matte black vinyl for $20 and got hooked up with free suede knee pads, and 1LE floor mats. Even if they weren't free they are available cheaper from retailers than the dealer. Only one I would consider getting is the glowtie if you are set on getting it. Because it requires removing the bumper for install.
Yeah, I use my PDR every time I drive the car. Have a couple SD cards already and would love to make a collection of all the stupid drivers I come across.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #10
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
PDR is a must IMO, I have a 1SS with PDR and have no complaints. The only features I would really want from the 2SS would be the heated/cooled seats and most of all the memory seats. The memory function would make it a lot easier to not destroy the Recaro bolsters. If I had the chance to get a 2SS over a 1SS it would be worth an extra grand, MAYBE 2k after incentives.....anything more than that and I would stick with the 1SS personally.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #11
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I just couldn't justify the PDR price ($1500 in Canada) given the atrocious video and audio quality. It's worse than my 8 year old Gopro, which was less than a third of the price. The sheer volume of channels that the PDR can log is it's only redeeming feature and almost makes it worth it. But if all you want is a dash cam, a top of the line two channel Blackvue is half the price and can do 4K recording, and record while parked (I don't believe the PDR can do this?).

Otherwise, as has already been pointed out, just about everything else is cosmetic or for comfort and convenience. I added the black bowties and illuminated door sills myself for a fraction of what the dealer wanted (of course, these things take time to install and the dealer has to charge for that). The only 2SS option I wish was an option on the 1SS is the back-up and cross-traffic alert. I know the car has a backup camera, but I've come to appreciate the additional peace of mind the alerts provide when that feature has come with some of the rental cars I've had.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #12
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
I just couldn't justify the PDR price ($1500 in Canada) given the atrocious video and audio quality. It's worse than my 8 year old Gopro, which was less than a third of the price. The sheer volume of channels that the PDR can log is it's only redeeming feature and almost makes it worth it. But if all you want is a dash cam, a top of the line two channel Blackvue is half the price and can do 4K recording, and record while parked (I don't believe the PDR can do this?).

Otherwise, as has already been pointed out, just about everything else is cosmetic or for comfort and convenience. I added the black bowties and illuminated door sills myself for a fraction of what the dealer wanted (of course, these things take time to install and the dealer has to charge for that). The only 2SS option I wish was an option on the 1SS is the back-up and cross-traffic alert. I know the car has a backup camera, but I've come to appreciate the additional peace of mind the alerts provide when that feature has come with some of the rental cars I've had.

Nigel

PDR is more than a video recorder. For a track rat it is awesome!
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #13
randypipe

Drives: Muscle
New Purchase

I’m assuming you looking at an “18” Not thrilled w refresh. 1ss best bang for the buck. If you plan to track pdr a must. If you don’t track pdr still a nice option. Black bow tie option unless you enjoy self-install Buy your own 1le floor mats. If you like dark colors, black, nightfall grey, hyper blue consider blacking out after purchase with smoked rear tail light smoked 3rd break light (zl1 1le style) Diode Dynamics smoked side markers. If you like that look.
Attached Images

randypipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #14
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
I had an SS 1LE and never thought it lacked anything over a 2SS. PDR was the only thing that was absolutely needed.

Now that I have the ZL1 variant, I like the upper level trim type stuff but certainly don't think I 'need' any of it. I do still need the PDR though!

Bottom line, PDR....
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote