Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
So I guess I belong here now? What next?

This is my new 2SS/RS 1LE! Traded my 2010 Synergy for it Friday. It was a bittersweet deal, you don't drive a car 96k and not get a little attached! But after a 2 hour drive home... you could say I'm over it. I've got Nav, Recaros,
The whole package!
So I'm new to the LS3, I've got some reading and searching to do... but in the meantime, where do I start on this thing?

I don't have to do a shifter... suspension... or wheels
Vitesse is already installed
Footwell lighting is ready to be installed

What's the deal with the whole "gears skipped for fuel economy" or whatever? Skipping from 1-4 is annoying! I guess I need a wire harness or something?

Catch can was required on the LLT, do I still need one on here?

Cold air intake is also on the list eventually, as well as a fark harness and new sub box... other than that I don't know what to do - the car is awesome!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
Nice car! and welcome. Yes, the skip ship is annoying luckily it can be disabled with tuner or a a skip shift eliminator that goes under the car. That was actually one of the very first things I bought for the car. Catch cans are also a good upgrade for the money. Those are fun mods.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
You can pick up a skip shift eliminator from a number of sources like Apex or any other Motorsport website that caters to Camaro's. For the cai, I would go with either the CAI or Rotofab, they are the top two cai's available for the Camaro. Adding a race scoop and windshield washer relocation kit is advisable too. The race scoop is claimed too add an additional 7 rwhp on top of the 15 rwhp the CAI adds. I'd also recommend the catch can from Apex, very well constructed.

I'd like to warn you that these motors tend to run hot, so if you want to check the catch can for oil, wait a bit until things cool down...or use a rag to unscrew the bottom of the catch can.

Also recommend these:
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/exteri...-92281887.html

and get the car Xpel clear bra'd ASAP important to do the front bumper, gill area and mirrors for essentials.

Oh and congrats on purchasing a bad@ss car

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 04-18-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Until you get your skip shift eliminator, just step on the gas harder and it won't skip.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
terry_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
Until you get your skip shift eliminator, just step on the gas harder and it won't skip.
Haha, sounds good!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Congrats. Great choice on the 1LE. I have to ask did you consider the ZL1.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You can pick up a skip shift eliminator from a number of sources like Apex or any other Motorsport website that caters to Camaro's. For the cai, I would go with either the CAI or Rotofab, they are the top two cai's available for the Camaro. Adding a race scoop and windshield washer relocation kit is advisable too. The race scoop is claimed too add an additional 7 rwhp on top of the 15 rwhp the CAI adds. I'd also recommend the catch can from Apex, very well constructed.

I'd like to warn you that these motors tend to run hot, so if you want to check the catch can for oil, wait a bit until things cool down...or use a rag to unscrew the bottom of the catch can.

Also recommend these:
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/exteri...-92281887.html

and get the car Xpel clear bra'd ASAP important to do the front bumper, gill area and mirrors for essentials.

Oh and congrats on purchasing a bad@ss car
I echo all the above. In addition the stock 1LE shifter is good but the Hurst shifter gives a shorter throw and more positive feel. I recommend getting the hurst pit pack extreme duty bushings for the shifter also which should total around 260 for both.
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #8
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
LOL! Ya, and run into the car 2 feet in front of you when driving in traffic!
Get the eliminator... It works.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Congrats. Drive it for a few months before spending $$, unless you have a fat wallet, it is a matter of what is first based on you impressions. I went with handling, others appearance, others HP. Plenty of ways to spend cash on this car.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM   #10
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Congrats and welcome. I have a crap load of mods! If you have any questions, let me know. I should create a list of all I have done!. If you have NPP and want a wireless NPP on/off switch, let me know.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #11
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Congrats. Drive it for a few months before spending $$, unless you have a fat wallet, it is a matter of what is first based on you impressions. I went with handling, others appearance, others HP. Plenty of ways to spend cash on this car.
This is true. Also I think it's a good idea to drive it for a few weeks encase there are any issues you will need taken care of warranty wise before risking ruining/voiding the powertrain.
Oh and if you have the NPP exhaust a lot of people prefer pulling the fuse. It takes about 10 minutes and gives you a slightly throatier sound at idle and while cruising
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #12
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
LOL! Ya, and run into the car 2 feet in front of you when driving in traffic!
Get the eliminator... It works.
Def on my list. Can't believe I haven't picked one up yet. In traffic sometimes I wait until the driver in front has gotten up a ways before going to so I don't trigger the skip shift.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
terry_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
Congrats and welcome. I have a crap load of mods! If you have any questions, let me know. I should create a list of all I have done!. If you have NPP and want a wireless NPP on/off switch, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBowtie26
This is true. Also I think it's a good idea to drive it for a few weeks encase there are any issues you will need taken care of warranty wise before risking ruining/voiding the powertrain.
Oh and if you have the NPP exhaust a lot of people prefer pulling the fuse. It takes about 10 minutes and gives you a slightly throatier sound at idle and while cruising
Wireless switch? I don't want to pull the fuse because I do a fair amount of highway driving.

I'd love to see a list! I know a good bit about the LLT but I'm fresh into this LS3 so I've got a lot to learn!

Are those ZL1 side skirts on yours?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
You can simply drive through the skip shift. You dont need to accelerate, just delay shifting until the notification goes away. Nice ride, looks great.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote