Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #15
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
The curb is probably destroyed ha! No curb has the right to touch a Camaro.... worst case alignment
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #16
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Thx for all the help & feedback guys. I'll probably get it checked out for alignment but I won't rush to do it. I'm still getting use to the longish hood on this car & I'm always closer to things than I think I am . If I do it I'll report the findings.

Cam
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
I don't think you need to worry about hitting the curb, no damage no foul, these cars are put through worse when they test them.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Hi all,

As it says I was backing out after dropping my son off today & was careless. As I pulled ahead I caught & put the front left wheel over say a 4" curb. Nothing damaged on the car except a tiny scuff on the black rubber under the air dam. I would only be doing no more than 5 mph if that when it went over it.

Was worried I could have damaged something..... Car seems okay took it up to about 90 mph & no shakes or pulls or anything. Stopped at my GM dealer just before closing not long after that & asked them about it & the guy suggested I might want to throw it on the alignment machine to make sure nothing is bent or moved. Of course driving it now I am really sensitive to what I did so it seems a little off but nothing really tangible so may well be in my head

So my question to you Camaro keeners like me what would you do? Just keep going or get it checked out?

Thx,

Cam
Hello Cam,

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm happy that you are doing fine as a result. If you take the vehicle back to the dealership, please keep me updated as I'd like to ensure the visit goes smoothly for you.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello Cam,

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm happy that you are doing fine as a result. If you take the vehicle back to the dealership, please keep me updated as I'd like to ensure the visit goes smoothly for you.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thx William will do. Nice to see you guys around here looking after us folks.

Cam
Old 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #20
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 View Post
I don't think you need to worry about hitting the curb, no damage no foul, these cars are put through worse when they test them.
Yeah if I did anything & I'm not sure I did at all it would only be alignment. Of course now I've convinced my self the steering wheel has a very slight off center bias to the right when driving straight. Mind you it could have been like that the whole time & i'm only noticing it now.........

Cam
Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Thx William will do. Nice to see you guys around here looking after us folks.

Cam
No problem Cam,

That's what we're here for .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #22
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I don't see any reason to worry ... If the car drives straight and doesn't vibrate you should be good to go. Don't forget these are Chevy's not Toyota ...

Like a ROCK !!!
Does it drive straight with the steering wheel in the proper location? I ran over a curb a few months back and the steering wheel was at the 1 o'clock position but the car still drove like normal. Had the alignment done and aside from resetting the steering wheel the rear wheel was out of alignment. I enjoyed riding the curb I went on through and mounted it with the back wheel too before I realized the "oh sh!t" moment.

Nothing permanent but worth getting checked out.