Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #57
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
If you saw Aric's interview at the end of the race he wasn't even mad. He knows if the roles were reversed he would have done the same thing.
Lol...was about to post the same thing.

Some here are more upset than the actual blocker who was anticipating & accepted the take out...last lap of the Super Bowl of NASCAR & this is surprise?? Maybe they should use blinkers & use the hi-beams when passing.

I'm certain Aric like any other who was leading the last lap was thinking..."you are gonna have to take me out." I wouldn't get out of the way either.

This causing danger crap aspect goes both ways, not just for the faster car.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #58
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Not exactly as u stated but close.

https://youtu.be/9F3tptzEWmM
Lol. Im thinking more like this.

motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:06 AM   #59
motorhead

Quote:
If you're blocking a guy that has a run on you, it's your ass. Nobody is going to lift on the last lap of the Daytona 500 because some guy threw his car in front of you.

The 10 car was just praying he'd get up in front of him fast enough for the block to be successful and push him to victory. Well, he was a tad late and Austin clipped him and the 10 got loose and hit the wall. It's a bad deal for the 10 team but that's restrictor plate racing.

If you saw Aric's interview at the end of the race he wasn't even mad. He knows if the roles were reversed he would have done the same thing.
Watch the replay. That isnt what happen. It doesnt matter what I think anyhow. As long as NASCAR backs up this idiotic form of racing these idiots without the talent to actually pass a car will continue to use their fenders to win.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 PM   #60
SFCO

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS Camaro
Quote:
If you're blocking a guy that has a run on you, it's your ass. Nobody is going to lift on the last lap of the Daytona 500 because some guy threw his car in front of you.

The 10 car was just praying he'd get up in front of him fast enough for the block to be successful and push him to victory. Well, he was a tad late and Austin clipped him and the 10 got loose and hit the wall. It's a bad deal for the 10 team but that's restrictor plate racing.

Its racing, oh and I have seen the same thing on dirt tracks. So yes its your Ass I agree with your analogy.
SFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #61
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I find it amusing that everyone has their Chevy, Ford, or Toyota favorite but when in reality the only real "stock car" run what you brung would be the Camaro. The Camry and Fusion don't even have V8 engines. The ZL1s would put the field down at least 40 laps.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #62
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I find it amusing that everyone has their Chevy, Ford, or Toyota favorite but when in reality the only real "stock car" run what you brung would be the Camaro. The Camry and Fusion don't even have V8 engines. The ZL1s would put the field down at least 40 laps.
They are also running with restrictor plates which evens things up.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #63
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
The only "stock" car is the pace car.

Bumping a slower car has been standard practice forever...all tracks...short or long...restrictor plates or not. It's part of the Nascar culture and the fans accept it and love it (unless its their favorite driver that gets pushed into the wall).

Sometimes the car in front just gets loose and sometimes he hits the wall. It's all in the timing. You can block successfully but you've got to time it just right.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #64
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
The #3 fans will say... "That's racing". But in my opinion it's DIRTY racing.

Imagine if the spun car started a huge wreck resulting in injuries or deaths? Still just "racing"? NOT in my book.
It's not dirty racing. It's how it was done back in the day. It's just now, everyone is a fkn wussy. I remember in my younger years when I raced go karts. Yea, I know Go karts. But, we were constantly moving each other out of the way, especially for the win. Many a many times I got shoved out of the way for blocking. Did I like it? Nope, thought it was dirty, but then I'd do the same thing the following race. It's racing. Rubbing is racing. A slight bump in the rear is racing.

We act like that was the ONLY bump and pass in the race. No, it's just highlighted cus it was for the win.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #65
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCO View Post
if I am not mistaken I believe the #3 had no choice but to move him because there was another car to his drivers door. If your going to slow and only 1-2 laps left look out i would move you also. Its racing and don't forget the #3 will get his in return in later races the #10 won't forget.
^ that's racing. He did what he had to do, it's going to come back around and when it does, it does. Racing will go on.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #66
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's not dirty racing. It's how it was done back in the day. It's just now, everyone is a fkn wussy. I remember in my younger years when I raced go karts. Yea, I know Go karts. But, we were constantly moving each other out of the way, especially for the win. Many a many times I got shoved out of the way for blocking. Did I like it? Nope, thought it was dirty, but then I'd do the same thing the following race. It's racing. Rubbing is racing. A slight bump in the rear is racing.

We act like that was the ONLY bump and pass in the race. No, it's just highlighted cus it was for the win.
Watch the replay. It was much more than a bump. I agree bumping is part of racing, but what Dillion did was far more than a bump. The first hit was a bump. The second wasnt. Like I said, if NASCAR feels its fines to try and kill someone, including fans, to pass someone at 200MPH then so be it. Im done with the WWE of racing after that display on Sunday. That script was just to obvious this time.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #67
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Watch the replay. It was much more than a bump. I agree bumping is part of racing, but what Dillion did was far more than a bump. The first hit was a bump. The second wasnt. Like I said, if NASCAR feels its fines to try and kill someone, including fans, to pass someone at 200MPH then so be it. Im done with the WWE of racing after that display on Sunday. That script was just to obvious this time.
I'll agree with ya there, but still. I believe it's part of racing. When I raced go karts back in the day, i was put in the wall so many times it was ridiculous. Nobody cared. The race didn't stop. I just took note and remembered for the next race. Anyhow, it's whatever. My point is, it's not like it was the only shove, nudge, push, or whatever you want to call it in the whole race. It prob happened dozens of other times. We just never paid attention cus it wasn't for the win.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #68
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I'll agree with ya there, but still. I believe it's part of racing. When I raced go karts back in the day, i was put in the wall so many times it was ridiculous. Nobody cared. The race didn't stop. I just took note and remembered for the next race. Anyhow, it's whatever. My point is, it's not like it was the only shove, nudge, push, or whatever you want to call it in the whole race. It prob happened dozens of other times. We just never paid attention cus it wasn't for the win.
Completely agree, but his second hit was driving right through Eric. Im very involved with racing. That was flat out taking someone out. It obviously is allowed in NASCAR, so if Dillion can feel good about what he did then I guess it's fine. I just dont understand the excitement of watching millions of dollars getting purposely destroyed and taking huge risk with human life when it doesnt need to be that way. How many cars actually finished that race? It couldnt have been many. I have to pay when one of our cars gets damaged. We do our best to keep our cars out of other cars as most others do too. It cost to much to bust up your stuff week after week. It happens and that is racing.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #69
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Completely agree, but his second hit was driving right through Eric. Im very involved with racing. That was flat out taking someone out. It obviously is allowed in NASCAR, so if Dillion can feel good about what he did then I guess it's fine. I just dont understand the excitement of watching millions of dollars getting purposely destroyed and taking huge risk with human life when it doesnt need to be that way. How many cars actually finished that race? It couldnt have been many. I have to pay when one of our cars gets damaged. We do our best to keep our cars out of other cars as most others do too. It cost to much to bust up your stuff week after week. It happens and that is racing.
Still...when the guy who you say got hamstrung says he would have done the VERY same thing to #3 who infracted the deed in question post race & has no hard feelings?? The argument is over!!

THAT IS NASCAR RACING...at her finest. Lets all agree to Blame the game, not the player!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #70
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Still...when the guy who you say got hamstrung says he would have done the VERY same thing to #3 who infracted the deed in question post race & has no hard feelings?? The argument is over!!

THAT IS NASCAR RACING...at her finest. Lets all agree to Blame the game, not the player!!
The player has control over his actions. Like I said if he sleeps okay at night winning like he did, then good for him. Ive watched many nascar races over a 40 year span. Many drivers could have wrecked the leader to win, but instead, they took the high road outside of what NASCAR allowes. Those are the real driver in the sport.

We'll just have to all just agree to disagree on this one. This is my last post about it.