Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #225
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
I am growing more and more fond of it as it progresses. The general body lines kind of remind me of a Cadillac XLR
I don't know about the XLR but it probably has a bit more in common with the Cadillac Cien concept car (which is a crying shame they didn't actually produce!):

Name:  Cadillac_Cien_6.jpg
Views: 5225
Size:  169.3 KB

Here's a few comparison shots to give you an idea how this concept car would look on the road versus the 2014 refresh Camaro:

Name:  2014 3q front.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  121.6 KB
Name:  2016 3q front.jpg
Views: 1923
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-010.jpg
Views: 1680
Size:  84.5 KB
Name:  2016 3q rear.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  74.3 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #226
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Its an Impala with Camaro logos.. just add front wheel drive
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #227
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
You're joking...right?

Name:  Chevrolet-Impala_2014_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  97.8 KB
Name:  Chevrolet-Impala_2014_800x600_wallpaper_0c.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  91.3 KB
Name:  Chevrolet-Impala_2014_800x600_wallpaper_15.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  55.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #228
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #229
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Well folks.... I've decided to call it good on this project. I've already put way more time into it than I'd originally intended but it was a lot of fun and I learned a great deal; time well spent I think. I'm going to put what I've learned with this software to good use elsewhere. I'm guessing the 6th gen Camaro has probably already been designed including the body styling. I hope it's great. I wish I could build my version; it would be a beautiful, sleek, elegant car. I'm not sure that's what the overall market wants though; it may be too refined of an image. It seems from reading what people say that they want something that's rougher around the edges. My design would open up the market to an area it probably doesn't reach now; a more affluent demographic, but I don't know if my design would appeal to the "rough-around-the-edges" crowd... it might lose them. Hard to tell.

At any rate, I sincerely thank all the people who took the time to participate, who read through all the many posts; the many thousands of views from those who didn't comment but by being interested enough to make all those views, it gave me encouragement to continue. It's been a very enjoyable and educational journey. I've done enough to give anyone who looks a pretty good idea of what I had in mind. I don't think GM will use it (although if they did I would certainly buy one! lol) but hopefully it gave them some useful ideas they might not have had otherwise.

I've already been working on some sketches for Camaro 2020 so in the not too distant future I'll start a new thread once I have something in 3D to look at. I know that's pretty far out in the future but maybe if we give them some useful feedback early enough, we can help them design Camaro 7G.

Thanks again, one and all!

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-a.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-b.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  49.9 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-c.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  48.1 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-e.jpg
Views: 7868
Size:  68.7 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-d.jpg
Views: 1645
Size:  73.5 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-f.jpg
Views: 8314
Size:  88.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #230
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
For your next project how about doing a rendering of how you think Ford should have designed the new Mustang. I think that would be interesting.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #231
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
For your next project how about doing a rendering of how you think Ford should have designed the new Mustang. I think that would be interesting.
That Concept is pretty sweet, kind of the direction I wish they'd go. It looks I-ROC inspired. I did not like fords new mustang design , then again I really never have the last few gens of the mustang, thats probably why I own a Camaro in the first place
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #232
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
The straight sides bother me. One of the reasons I love my current car is her curvy "hips". Also, these headlights wouldn't be able to hold Halos would they?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #233
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
LOL. Now that I've done one, these concepts take a lot of time. I'm not a Ford fan but if Ford wants to pay me I'm absolutely certain I can do better than what they just rolled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
That Concept is pretty sweet, kind of the direction I wish they'd go. It looks I-ROC inspired. I did not like fords new mustang design , then again I really never have the last few gens of the mustang, thats probably why I own a Camaro in the first place
Thank you! This concept would be a sleek and beautiful car if made for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
The straight sides bother me. One of the reasons I love my current car is her curvy "hips". Also, these headlights wouldn't be able to hold Halos would they?
There's a lot more curve in the sides than you can probably see in these renderings. It actually has a long fender "hip" going back to front; it's just not short and bulgy. If you've read through the thread you'll see the reasoning behind the look.

There aren't halos on these lights; they're rectangular quads. The "halo" if you will has been replaced by the LED strip beneath them.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #234
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Doc its been great watching this project, and I was there at the very beginning! The time you've put into this is staggering for sure! Good stuff!

Thanks for sharing your vision for the next Camaro. It was fun!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #235
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Just viewing this for the first time, finding from a random google search. I thought it was an interesting project with some good thoughts..

While hardly anybody with decent vision of their own will agree with every aspect of anyone's design project, this project does have some shape cues that look like something GM could one day call a Camaro. The larger window openings definitely speak toward more practicality, which many modern car designs lack when trying to see outside of it.

While I'm in agreement than many side shape cues of the design are n't very Camaro like, The front fascia design & rear tail lights in particular catch my attention.

As the owner of probably the weirdest vehicle on here, I wouldn't mind your front fascia design in place of my now over 4 year old front nose.
swap. Also wouldn't mind your tail light design in my bedcover, which I am designing custom lights for, doing away with the vette tailgate lights.
How bout that for my next design change?
current front view.

In progress rear view with new all steel rear bumper, not completed.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #236
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

That has to be the most unusual Camaro mod I've ever seen lol. I appreciate your appreciation of my project. I may revisit this design since I've gotten MUCH better with the software and I'd be able to do things now that I didn't know how to do with it at the time.

Thank you for your comments and post!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #237
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzsalvador23 View Post
Hey, What do you think about this? Rumors for the next-generation Camaro have run the gamut from practical to impossible. One of the most persistent rumors is that the base Camaro will receive a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, most likely the 270 horsepower 2.0 liter turbo that will debut in the Cadillac ATS in January. Will Camaro buyers be attracted to a turbo four-banger?
If it has less horsepower than the V6 currently offered, and the price is equal or more than what's currently offered, then I don't think it would be successful. In order for something like that to work they'd have to get the base price for that model below $20k; especially if it has less horsepower than the V6. But at that point is it really still a muscle car or just an economy sedan with "sporty" performance? After seeing how difficult the Camaro crowd is to please, I don't see a turbo 4 going over very well unless the performance is at least the same as the current V6 but it's cheaper and gets better mileage. Even then....the Camaro crowd is a tough one to please....

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #238
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
So GM went from the 67 to 69 with the tail lights then decided to skip the 70's? That looks like an 82-90' to me...not bad but why do we have to go through the same Gen's all over again. I would prefer that it stays Gen I retro inspired. History is present so we don't make the same mistakes again..
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote