Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #15
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
My buddy picked up this one out of Minnesota made in the USA cost was $2900 shipped. I am going to order one for the garage. He spend 3 months doing research and found this one.

This is super nice lots of extra goodies at no cost.
do you have a link or where he bought it from (or the brand name)?
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #16
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
I pondered last night on all of your inputs and took some measurements again. While I would love to have a four post, my shop just isn't configured to put one in. I only have one roll up door and it would have to set it basically in line with it, effectively blocking access to the rest of the shop for other vehicles. Should have put in two small roll ups instead of one big one.

The Bendpack scissor lift was a good suggestion, but after seeing a YouTube on what you can and can't do with it, I'm passing on it. No open access to the tranny.

The QuickJack just doesn't lift high enough for on-going shop use.

That leaves me with either the MaxJack or a single point lift. After some measuring, I think I found a sweet spot where I can at least leave one of the MaxJack posts in place most of the time and reducing breakdown/setup to only one post. Still looking at the single post, but it takes up a lot floor space.

There is a perfect answer: Add an extension to the shop! I broached this idea with the S.O. and she just rolled her eyes......that's a yes, go ahead,....isn't it??

Thanks again all, this was very helpful.
Just get her a gift that's 10% the cost of a lift and perhaps dinner on top haha. AFTER you pull the "look honey, garage looks much much better now that the lift is there! It's so much easier for me to maintain vehicles and cheaper now so we'll actually see the return of our investment plus you know, I am UBER happy!!!"

Maxjax is was really designed for regular garages with 8ft. Since you have the ability to go with a real lift, maybe a single post? Then again, it will take up space and you cannot just unbolt and move to a corner... Damn decisions! Sadly there are no perfect answers nor product :/. I'd say just figure out ALL the cons of the products and see if you can LIVE with it and NOT regret it. Regretting the purchase is the worst thing ever... Pro's wise, you don't have to worry about it because they are great (except scissors lifts... those are useless to me unless all you do is detailing, like I mentioned... I need 100% access under haha).
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
do you have a link or where he bought it from (or the brand name)?
Hera ya go
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #18
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
I have a quickjack BL500SLX & had use a dremmel to modify underside of the car a little because the factory jack points quite didn't line up with the jack correctly.

After doing that the lift works perfectly & stores out of the way against a wall when not on use. The frames do have wheels on one end do you do not actually have to pick them all the way up

Jsreo, I have the same setup. Hey can you post of photo of where you made room for the pinch weld jack pad ?
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:46 PM   #19
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit View Post
Jsreo, I have the same setup. Hey can you post of photo of where you made room for the pinch weld jack pad ?
I going to buy one of these quick jacks for 18 zl1 if someone has pics of 6th gen can post pictures at pinch weld short description of modifications made and model they are using.

Want to see if possible to use with skirts / lower rockers on zl1.

Thanks
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:18 AM   #20
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
I going to buy one of these quick jacks for 18 zl1 if someone has pics of 6th gen can post pictures at pinch weld short description of modifications made and model they are using.

Want to see if possible to use with skirts / lower rockers on zl1.

Thanks
I have the Quickjack 5000 since my garage will not allow for something bigger. For the 6 Gen Camaro I recommend getting the extended version or the extension rails so you don't have to modify the car in any way. I found no comfortable way to lift my 1LE without the extensions so they are on order.

Works like a charm with my son's E36. We worked on the transmission and driveshaft with no issue.
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #21
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
I have the Quickjack 5000 since my garage will not allow for something bigger. For the 6 Gen Camaro I recommend getting the extended version or the extension rails so you don't have to modify the car in any way. I found no comfortable way to lift my 1LE without the extensions so they are on order.

Works like a charm with my son's E36. We worked on the transmission and driveshaft with no issue.
Thanks for input. I definitely order ext version. Let me ask was it just short of pinch welds for one you ordered?
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote