Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Set fire to your Mustang

lol, you have to enjoy the title of this one:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/set-fi...170032910.html
Old 11-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
wow...lol.

An utterly positive review, once again giving high praise to the new found driving/handling characteristics of this car and praising the quickness as well.

Damn, I can't wait.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
wow...lol.

An utterly positive review, once again giving high praise to the new found driving/handling characteristics of this car and praising the quickness as well.

Damn, I can't wait.
I agree is utterly positive.

Other part that I agree is when they say the design wont age well.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
I agree is utterly positive.

Other part that I agree is when they say the design wont age well.

Yep. I wanted to love driving the previous Camaro because it looked so "right" but it fell short for me and I bought a Boss 302 BEFORE the ZL1, 1LE and Z/28 came out. Now I'm getting ready for a new car in 2016 and Chevy has addressed my concerns -- big time. But sadly it's wrapped it in an unappealing exterior. I didn't like it at the Belle Isle reveal but thought it might grow on me. It's actually gone the other way; I really hate the car forward of the A-pillar. I like the Mustang better but won't settle on performance so I'm instead cross shopping an unbelievably wide selection of cars for something attractive and fun. (Yes, I'm shallow) Miata, Cayman, used DB9, Focus RS... Who knows where I'll end up?

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Yep. I wanted to love driving the previous Camaro because it looked so "right" but it fell short for me and I bought a Boss 302 BEFORE the ZL1, 1LE and Z/28 came out. Now I'm getting ready for a new car in 2016 and Chevy has addressed my concerns -- big time. But sadly it's wrapped it in an unappealing exterior. I didn't like it at the Belle Isle reveal but thought it might grow on me. It's actually gone the other way; I really hate the car forward of the A-pillar. I like the Mustang better but won't settle on performance so I'm instead cross shopping an unbelievably wide selection of cars for something attractive and fun. (Yes, I'm shallow) Miata, Cayman, used DB9, Focus RS... Who knows where I'll end up?
Buy the stang and supercharge it.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
My vote would be for the Focus RS if both the Camaro and Mustang are not to your liking. I was actually immeasurably close to purchasing a Focus ST when I changed my mind at the last minute and went with a Camaro. The Focus RS looks like a fantastic performer, and it has 2 more doors and a hatch to make it more practical. I think if the RS was available in 2014 my decision would have been that much more difficult, although one of the BIG reasons I was seriously considering the ST was the price and the RS is about the same cost as the Mustang GT and Camaro SS. It looks like it is going to be an incredibly fun car though.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
My vote would be for the Focus RS if both the Camaro and Mustang are not to your liking. I was actually immeasurably close to purchasing a Focus ST when I changed my mind at the last minute and went with a Camaro. The Focus RS looks like a fantastic performer, and it has 2 more doors and a hatch to make it more practical. I think if the RS was available in 2014 my decision would have been that much more difficult, although one of the BIG reasons I was seriously considering the ST was the price and the RS is about the same cost as the Mustang GT and Camaro SS. It looks like it is going to be an incredibly fun car though.
My previous daily driver was a Focus ST. Fun car for the money, and even though it wasn't my weekend/toy car or whatever you want to call it, the FWD drove me nuts on a performance car. The RS should help that issue of course, but at a much higher price point.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 AM   #8
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Set fire to your Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Buy the stang and supercharge it.

I'm a difficult person to please. I like NA motors. But I am trying to be open minded. The RS is interesting as there's never been a real alternate to a Subaru for as an all season performance car and this might just be it...and then some. First World problems.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I like NA motors.
Same here. Nothing beats the sound and powerband of a nice naturally aspirated engine...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
I'm a difficult person to please. I like NA motors. But I am trying to be open minded. The RS is interesting as there's never been a real alternate to a Subaru for as an all season performance car and this might just be it...and then some. First World problems.
Yea people are starving in Africa, tons of people are dying on a daily basis in middle eastern countries.... and were here debating what car is better.... Interesting world we live in.

NA motors are nice, but nothing better than the amazing wine of a supercharger!

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #11
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Yea people are starving in Africa, tons of people are dying on a daily basis in middle eastern countries.... and were here debating what car is better.... Interesting world we live in.

Haven't heard a well cammed 440 Six Pack, 427 Side Oiler or a LS6 454 lately have you...
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #12
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:

I do like the sound.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #13
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Amen to that!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote