Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #15
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
I had glanced across the blackboxmycar site a few weeks ago that sells some of these. Just curious if you had any concerns with the camera system running down the car battery? Had seen something about a separate battery pack, but that came with issues with the park mode activating.
Not an issue with a lot of models like my Thinkware F800. It has a voltage setting so it will automatically shut off before killing the battery.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #16
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Goluk T3. Car is not a daily so I have it wired with the ignition only.

CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
Sboston4

Drives: '17 LT Nightfall Grey
I just bought a Cobra that has dual cameras but I Allen it yet. I also have on in my Impala and over the last couple of years I've captured a couple of good things on it that made the investment worth it.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #18
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
I just checked it's illegal to have a dash cam on your windshield in PA if the driver can see the screen. So I'm looking at the rear view mirror dash cams as long as you can take the view of what's being filmed off the mirror, they all got it on.
And it can't record audio either because it's considered wire tapping your passengers.
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #19
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
I just checked it's illegal to have a dash cam on your windshield in PA if the driver can see the screen. So I'm looking at the rear view mirror dash cams as long as you can take the view of what's being filmed off the mirror, they all got it on.
And it can't record audio either because it's considered wire tapping your passengers.
Thinkware and some other camera brands do not have a screen viewable to the driver. It saves footage to a MicroSD that you can view on your phone through wifi connection.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #20
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
With these being so cheap, it is crazy not to have one. I have a Garmin.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:45 PM   #21
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Get one. Just be aware that it's a double edged sword. You can't not use it if you're in an accident and it's your fault or the video would show that you broke the law. If the cops see that you have a dash cam, it's evidence either way.

If you're an idiot who likes to post everything they do online, just make sure you disable gps and OSD overlays that show things like speed and location. And preface everything you post with "Here's what i did in Mexico" or some other country nobody cares about what laws you may have broken there.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #22
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I have the Anker ROAV Dashcam C1 and it is pretty great. You can connect to it over wifi/bluetooth to download the 3 minute clips and control the setting from the phone app.

I wish it had a rear facing cam.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:19 AM   #23
DanSnow

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Get one. Just be aware that it's a double edged sword. You can't not use it if you're in an accident and it's your fault or the video would show that you broke the law. If the cops see that you have a dash cam, it's evidence either way.

If you're an idiot who likes to post everything they do online, just make sure you disable gps and OSD overlays that show things like speed and location. And preface everything you post with "Here's what i did in Mexico" or some other country nobody cares about what laws you may have broken there.
@Bold, Not entirely true. If this situation were to occur, just remove the MicroSD Card and say something like "My SD Card broke and I haven't replaced it yet". Or "I forgot to put it back in after uploading footage to my computer".
DanSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #24
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I have the Anker ROAV Dashcam C1 and it is pretty great. You can connect to it over wifi/bluetooth to download the 3 minute clips and control the setting from the phone app.

I’m looking to get the newer version of that camera. Love Anker’s stuff.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #25
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
If I order the Viofo A119 does this come with everything I need to plug in power source and take off or is there anything else I need?
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #26
superchi
Pope of Chili Town

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post

I can vouch, I really like this camera. Not the most elegant solution but I have two installed, one facing forward and one facing the rear.
superchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #27
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Weylans
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #28
mov

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Your Headlight Covers in Northern VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
If I order the Viofo A119 does this come with everything I need to plug in power source and take off or is there anything else I need?
Hey Fred,

I noticed the headlight covers on your car in a previous thread and wanted to ask if you had any problems with law enforcement while driving on VA streets and highways? I live in Fredericksburg, VA and recently purchased a set. Let me know when you have a moment. Thanks!
mov is offline   Reply With Quote