Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #15
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
There is no way Ford can develop and release an updated Mustang for the 2016 model year unless they have been working on it. GM releasing performance figures today would have no impact on the 2016 Mustang.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #16
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I disagree. Mustang still has the rumored GT500. 2015 Mustang sales have staggered, and the price points and deals are all ready to be had. If they roll out numbers now, Mustang can quickly react by dropping the price even more or potentially release a car with more options to match the new specs vs. performance price gap.

It's a huge dance of Marketing, PR and engineering. In general this stuff is all planned out and has been planned out. We know they have benchmarks from at least nine tracks from around the world. They know the final weight of the cars, the have to have the final specs of the 0-60, and quarter mile. A few months back they said they had both a 15 Mustang and new 16 Camaro side by side and they are not worried about the competition.

If you think for one second Ford's marketing team doesn't have plans to release an update or adjusted options, you're crazy.

I for one do not thing GM is holding the numbers. We all know how the CTS-V performs, we all know how the LT1 equipped Corvette performs. Not much to hide know where these cars sit in the performance line up.
I admit, your point flew right over my head.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #17
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
There is no way Ford can develop and release an updated Mustang for the 2016 model year unless they have been working on it. GM releasing performance figures today would have no impact on the 2016 Mustang.
Fairly sure GM has released enough info for potential 2016 updates for the Mustang.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #18
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I admit, your point flew right over my head.

Laborsmith
TL;DR I for one do not thing GM is holding the numbers because we would be disappointed.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #19
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
At this point Fords only option for the Mustang GT is to keep the price down and possibly add content. Chevy has them beat and they will play the value equation. Why do you think there was a 0 dollar price increase on the 16 GT? They're scared of the Camaro. Playing the value equation is a dangerous place to be in, it has not helped Chrysler one bit and it is not a good place to be in.

Ford is not afraid to charge, look at the 70k f150 platnium. They just can't charge Camaro money for a Mustang.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
At this point Fords only option for the Mustang GT is to keep the price down and possibly add content. Chevy has them beat and they will play the value equation. Why do you think there was a 0 dollar price increase on the 16 GT? They're scared of the Camaro. Playing the value equation is a dangerous place to be in, it has not helped Chrysler one bit and it is not a good place to be in.

Ford is not afraid to charge, look at the 70k f150 platnium. They just can't charge Camaro money for a Mustang.

It's the second year of the generation. They aren't going to make any changes already. When they do a MCE, I would expect an updated 5.0 or maybe even a CPC 5.2.

I've never seen anyone claim their car being more expensive was a good thing.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #21
Dan2013
Living the Dream

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Besides fulfilling the curiosity of enthusiasts, why should they?
Why not? Regardless, I just want the specs that's all. I don't need to over think it.
Dan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
2016 Mustang is already hitting dealers lots. It's mostly unchanged for 2016 model year. Unless Ford shocks us all and releases a late year GT500 id say there are no changes to think about until 2017 model year.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #23
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Besides fulfilling the curiosity of enthusiasts, why should they?
To make the price seem of good value.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #24
CarlsonDDS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I disagree. Mustang still has the rumored GT500. 2015 Mustang sales have staggered, and the price points and deals are all ready to be had. If they roll out numbers now, Mustang can quickly react by dropping the price even more or potentially release a car with more options to match the new specs vs. performance price gap.

It's a huge dance of Marketing, PR and engineering. In general this stuff is all planned out and has been planned out. We know they have benchmarks from at least nine tracks from around the world. They know the final weight of the cars, the have to have the final specs of the 0-60, and quarter mile. A few months back they said they had both a 15 Mustang and new 16 Camaro side by side and they are not worried about the competition.

If you think for one second Ford's marketing team doesn't have plans to release an update or adjusted options, you're crazy.

I for one do not thing GM is holding the numbers because we would be disappointed. We all know how the CTS-V performs, we all know how the LT1 equipped Corvette performs. Not much to hide as we know where these cars sit in the performance line up.
^this
CarlsonDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #25
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Nailed it.

Laborsmith
Quote:

I for one do not thing GM is holding the numbers because we would be disappointed. We all know how the CTS-V performs, we all know how the LT1 equipped Corvette performs. Not much to hide as we know where these cars sit in the performance line up.
Ditto
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #26
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Performance numbers:

0 - 60 in
Holy Shh....ttt

around the corner in:
OMG OMG OMG

60 to 0 in:
EEFFF YOU
Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #27
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
I don't see why the performance numbers are so important to you guys.its not like we will see 3 minutes faster on norburgring.or maybe its important to you guys for a more important reason.if it is,please explain why so I can understand. Thank you
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #28
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
I don't see why the performance numbers are so important to you guys.its not like we will see 3 minutes faster on norburgring.or maybe its important to you guys for a more important reason.if it is,please explain why so I can understand. Thank you
If you don't care about the actual performance numbers, why buy a performance car?

I agree it's a controlled release. Ford has been doing the guessing game as long as we have. The plans are already in place on their end. Now it's just about keeping the hype going steady instead of a big splash and fizzle out.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote