Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 AM   #15
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
I am getting one for multiple reasons...

1 - I love Camaros. Always have. Always will. I come from a family of Camaro ownership and that isn't about to change on my watch.

2 - My business has to stay current with the new model cars. Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, etc. It can get expensive, but it has to be done if we want to keep ourselves fed over here. It is a business, and a hobby. I will personally tear into this car and make some cool stuff on day one. I am already making a few cool items that are sure to blow some minds. (I can't spill the beans just yet)

3 - I love performance cars, in general. I used to drag race and I miss it. I also like a great looking car, and this fits the bill.

dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #16
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post

3 - I love performance cars, in general. I used to drag race and I miss it. I also like a great looking car, and this fits the bill.

My story... First muscle car, it's always nice to see the rivialy and competition between the American classics in the modern day.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:41 AM   #17
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
My first Camaro was a 2010 1LT, enjoyed it but the interior was too bare bones for me. So I upgraded to a 2014 2LT and while I enjoy the interior, besides all the rattles, I feel I want better performance. So the only way I get a new Camaro is if it's a V8. I love technology too, so I like all the new stuff in the 2016.

Anyways that being said unlike my two V6's I can see me keeping a fully loaded 2SS For a very long time.
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:39 AM   #18
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Never had a maro, 90 caprice 350, 95 impala, 09 g8 gt, next 16 camaro
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:05 AM   #19
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I was a 'muscle car' kid growing up. My uncle had a 340 Swinger and my dad had a 78 T/A with the 6.6L and a lumpy cam, so I've always been around cars. I started 'part time' (under the table) in a garage pumping gas back in the 80's when I was 13. My dad was buddies with the owner, and the lead wrench sort of took me under his wing, showing me how to do simple stuff like changing tires, replacing hoses and belts. He had a Chevelle with a 396 in it, and one of those velocity stacks on it, and it was the meanest thing I'd ever seen. So right from the get go I really never had 'brand loyalty', I just loved all things V8 and rumble'y. In high school a buddy drove his dad's 69 Chevelle SS, and his "arch enemy" was a kid who's dad had a 327 Camaro's (late 60's, don't remember year) and they'd drive them to school and jaw at each other, and end up 'drag racing' up the hill after school. Those were great times.

Fast forward 25+ years, and I was in a spot where I could afford a toy for me. Wife had her convertible, kids college funds were set up, so I started looking. The new 5.0's had come out the year before so I test drove the 'big 3'. The Challenger sounded the best, but was about $10-12k more than I wanted to spend for the 392. The Camaro didn't do anything for me externally, or internally. Felt kind of cheap, wife loved the looks, however. The Mustang just ticked all the right boxes for me, so I got a loaded out '12 5.0 Premium, and loved it.

Sadly about a year later my dad got sick, and was out of work for a while. My sister is poor, so she couldn't help, so it was up to me. I ended up selling the Mustang to get my folks back where they needed to be, as it was a 'spare car' for me, and I didn't 'need' it, the Wifey was in school full time with grad school, and part time, a kid in college, so spare cash was few and far between.

Fast forward again to this year. Wifey graduates, starts her new job (NP in a Dr.'s office) and son in the Army, daughter out of college and bills all in order. Thankfully, we didn't have to take loans for grad school, so all in all, we did ok. Now Wifey says "well, it's your turn... find something we can afford and go get it". I was pretty sure it was going to be a Scat Pack Challenger, or a new 5.0, that was until I saw the '16 SS... and I know everyone says it's very similar to the previous gen, but to me it's a world of difference. I love the look, and the convertible, is just so clean, and has perfect lines. The interior? Light years better looking than gen 5 (to me) and looks nicer than both Fords and Dodges... so that sealed it in my mind. Now I'm just waiting for reviews, a test drive or two, and in my case, dates for convertibles to start. It looks like it will be right at the top of what I had set aside per month for a budget, but that's fine, if it's as nice as it looks / all reports. I wish it were cheaper, but I think we can all say that about everything.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #20
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
My Dad was a car guy, He had 2 57 Chevy's, a 67 impala, and then a javelin. I have been a car guy since I was 14 looking though hot rod magazines dreaming about the cars I really wanted. In high school I had a 69 mustang fastback, sold that when I went into the Air Force straight out of high school. While in the A.F. bought a 77 camaro nothing special. Sold it a few years later after having a kid. Years later rumors and pics of the gen5 camaro coming out got me wanting another camaro. In late 2010 we got a 2011 2LT RS. We love this car, went to the camaro homecoming at the camaro plant. Was going to get a Zl1 for my 50th birtyhday, but I broke my tibia in a freak accident. After the first of the year we are going to trade in our 2011 for a 2016 hyper blue 2SS.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #21
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Got a 2012 Vert - to this day I still have people sitting at lights when I pull away because they're staring at the car. I love the attention this car gets!

I've had a series of problems with the top, but am willing to give GM one more try. I want another Camaro Vert so I'm trading this one in on a Gen 6:

- "Hard Tonneau" of the 6th gen is unmatched on any other cars besides luxury cars

- Customizable display is awesome

- Customizable lighting is awesome
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #22
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Awesome stories so far
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #23
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
My story with Camaro's is not long. But my first was 1969 Z/28 mess. Car was adjusted to be dragged and had the wrong gears in the back etc. It had an original steel cal hood and the interior was flawless. Had it for far too short and sold it to a collector for a lot more than I paid, as I had no idea what I was doing at the age of 17.

I was dumb for selling it. So dumb...

So jump to 2009, I was in line to get a brand spanking new SS. But while on the waiting list my wife had baby #1 and other things came up that put off my purchase. I watched the launch happen, and so many happy new Camaro owners drive off the lot. I think I watched Transformers 100 times for the Camaro alone...

Fast forward to April 2013 and my wife and I found ourselves needing two cars again as we now had three kids, and my job required a lot of driving. I got my bride a Dodge Durango for the family earlier that year, and she was trying to get me into a nice Honda or something sense able. I took the opportunity to use the base car payment we could afford and got the nicest 2013 Camaro I could get for the price (2013 1LT RS). I wanted my SS, but gas over $5 a gallon and budgets stretched.... I went with what I could afford.

Over the years I was able to make my 1LT a bit better and put my finger prints all over it. I love the car. Just want more power

Jump 2 1/2 years later and I have the funds for the car I want. With our final baby arriving in November, I took this 2016 release as my opportunity to get the fully loaded car I have always wanted. Get it before I can't buy any more toys. I was honestly going to pick up a 2013 or 2014 ZL1, but the upkeep on a car like that isn't cheap and the amount of driving I do, that warranty would be toast quickly.

So here I am, ready for my new 2016 Camaro 2SS with MRC, NPP, and nice black five split spoke rims. The cost for the car comes in just under the used ZL1's I was looking at and honestly Getting a new car over a used one that I have no idea how the last owner treated feels good.

A lot of people are playing the game of justifying the price of the new car, Regardless of the package. I am just glad I have saved my pennies and waited and gotten myself to a point where I can get my dream car.

I see this 2016 2SS as my forever car, I will baby it and daily drive it, and it will remain one of the cleanest 2016's on the road for as along as I own it.

This is why I am here. I love the Camaro brand and the fans, enthusiasts, and the haters. It makes for a great time here on Camaro6.com
I have a similar story to yours...My first Camaro was a 1998 Camaro SS, loaded. Loved that car, sold in back in 2004 and put a deposit down for a new incoming C6 Corvette, right after my daughter was born. While waiting for the car my wife and I decided to move down here to NC from NY, so I ended cancelling the order, said to myself I will get one once we move...you know how that usually works out, yeah life happens and one thing leads to the next and my son was born a couple years later, but I still had that sports car itch, never left me. I decided to order a 2010 Camaro SS back in October of 2008, 1st order from a dealer that I should have known better not to order from. They promised me and swore up and down that they would have at least 1 or 2 allocations for me to place my order right away...March of 2009 comes around, production of the 5th gen starts, still no allocation, waited a couple of months, decided to cancel my order after getting frustrated with lies and misinformation. I ended up finding out that the person #2 behind me, who took my spot after I cancelled, got his car 6 months later! Fast forward to now, I have my 2016 Camaro SS on order with the dealer that I have purchased many cars from since then and had been going to for a very long time. I actually was going to order my 5th gen from them, but at the time they were honest and didn't know what their allocation was going to be, especially initially, so I went ahead and believed the other dealer and ordered though them instead. You live and you learn. This time I am determined to make sure I get my 2016 SS and satisfy that "itch" once again!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #24
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
you must also be from the Altima boat
No sorry, but you are obviously from the douche bag boat.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Similar story to your OP.

I never had a 69' Z28 but I did start off with a 92' RS V8.

I went the route of a used 13' ZL1 though.

Congrats on the 6th Gen when you get it. The MAG ride along will blow you away. The corvette LT1 is a great engine as well. Enjoy.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #26
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
In my family it wasn't my dad who was the car guy, it was actually my mom. I always had a fascination with anything on wheels but she helped it become an obsession lol. Her first car was an AMC Gremlin (which she says was the worst car she has ever had the misfortune of owning), she sold that for 1972 split bumper Camaro RS but had to sell only a few months later for family issues, then a couple years later she purchased a 78 Z28 that she still considers her favorite car to this day. So she basically fed that fire within me to become a passion.

But I didn't start with muscle cars. And I have actually never owned a Camaro. My first car was a 1990 turbo grand prix that unfortunately I did not treat all too well lol. I had a couple of boosted Honda's after that (96 Civic, 94 Accord, 99 Accord). Got into my first V8 which was a 91 Thunderbird Sport 5.0. Wish I would've known then how little they made cuz I would've made an effort to keep it. I looked for a fox body after that but found an 89 GTA that was nothing but electrical problems so I got rid of that. Decided to give f-bodies another chance so I bought a 94 Formula. Gas killed me being in college so I sold it to get a 97 v6 Firebird. Few years later I bought a 99 Trans Am and I still have both to this day.

I wanted a 5th gen Camaro but there were some things that I wasn't a fan of (like the weight, and the interior) so I decided against it and just bought an SUV daily. I did not test drive the 1LE as they weren't out when I went and I thought of trading in for a 14-15 1LE after the facelift. But decided I would wait to see what the 6th gen was like before making a decision. Once I saw the reveal that pretty much sealed it, I would be waiting to order a 2016 SS once spring rolled around. That's basically the summary of my story. I'm a bike guy too but that is a story for another topic lol. Unless I can somehow come up with the finances to afford a C7 I will be ordering a 2SS come spring time.
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #27
garnet

Drives: Q50
Mine is the classic story of late teens/early twenties and sitting around with your buddies obsessing over fast cars. I had been in my first “real” 40 hour a week job for a while, and wanted something fast. At the time there was no question that the LS1 V8 was the power-to-price leader. With that in mind, I bought a stripper (manual everything, no options) '98 Z28 6-speed.

It was my first manual and being the young genius I was, a week after buying it I shifted from redline in 3rd right down to 2nd. Fast forward 6 months after luckily still being alive despite my lead foot, paying way too much to have the bad-shift damage to the top end fixed, plus a bunch of bolt-ons, I was side-swiped in an intersection by a guy with no insurance. More time spent in the shop and now the T-tops leaked (I live in Seattle), so after about a year I just gave up and sold it. It was a costly lesson, and a lesson that showed me the simple idea of having a fast car is a lot more enticing than actually stretching your pay check for it (hear that kids reading this thread, now get off my lawn).

Been driving different variants of sport sedans since, most recently trading in my G35 sport package for their new Q50 model. It is a nice car but has a pretty vanilla feel. I’ve never forgotten the feel and sound of that LS1 V8. The Z28 was a pretty crude car with questionable handling, lots of plastic, and even worse brakes; but I was in it for the engine. Gen-6 is looking like the total package, so I’m pretty excited.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #28
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet View Post
Gen-6 is looking like the total package, so I’m pretty excited.
you should check out the color Garnet Red Tintcoat
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote