Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Why I am getting a 2016 2SS... What is your story?

My story with Camaro's is not long. But my first was 1969 Z/28 mess. Car was adjusted to be dragged, had the wrong gears in the back etc. It also had an original steel cal hood and the interior was flawless even the front grille was all original with 2 chips in the plastic. Had it for far too short of time and sold it to a collector for a lot more than I paid, as I had no idea what I had done at the age of 17. My first car I paid for with my hard earned cash from growing up.

I was dumb for selling it. So dumb... (This picture was taken when I picked the car up.)

So jump to 2009, I was in line to get a brand spanking new SS. But while on the waiting list my wife had baby #1 and other things came up that put off my purchase. I watched the launch happen, and so many happy new Camaro owners drive off the lot. I think I watched Transformers 100 times for the Camaro alone...

Fast forward to April 2013 and my wife and I found ourselves needing two cars again as we now had three kids, and my job required a lot of driving. I got my bride a Dodge Durango for the family earlier that year, and she was trying to get me into a nice Honda or something sense able. I took the opportunity to use the base car payment we could afford and got the nicest 2013 Camaro I could get for the price (2013 1LT RS). I wanted my SS, but gas over $5 a gallon and budgets stretched.... I went with what I could afford.

Over the years I was able to make my 1LT a bit better and put my finger prints all over it. I love the car. Just want more power

Jump 2 1/2 years later and I have the funds for the car I want. With our final baby arriving in November, I took this 2016 release as my opportunity to get the fully loaded car I have always wanted. Get it before I can't buy any more toys. I was honestly going to pick up a 2013 or 2014 ZL1, but the upkeep on a car like that isn't cheap and the amount of driving I do, that warranty would be toast quickly.

So here I am, ready for my new 2016 Camaro 2SS with MRC, NPP, and nice black five split spoke rims. The cost for the car comes in just under the used ZL1's I was looking at and honestly Getting a new car over a used one that I have no idea how the last owner treated feels good.

A lot of people are playing the game of justifying the price of the new car, Regardless of the package. I am just glad I have saved my pennies and waited and gotten myself to a point where I can get my dream car.

I see this 2016 2SS as my forever car, I will baby it and daily drive it, and it will remain one of the cleanest 2016's on the road for as along as I own it.

This is why I am here. I love the Camaro brand and the fans, enthusiasts, and the haters. It makes for a great time here on Camaro6.com

Last edited by Sledgehammer70; 08-25-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
jimmie

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i / 2016 Colorado
Great story bro. The story of the 69 really breaks my heart (some fortunate bastard made good on it though).

I'm sure you will enjoy the hell atta your new Camaro so, cheers to you.

Sounds like you got it all, kids, a good woman, nice job and soon a Freakin' brand new 2016 Camaro.

Good for you.
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Great story bro. The story of the 69 really breaks my heart (some fortunate bastard made good on it though).

I'm sure you will enjoy the hell atta your new Camaro so, cheers to you.

Sounds like you got it all, kids, a good woman, nice job and soon a Freakin' brand new 2016 Camaro.

Good for you.
I rolled the dice and won big time. To think, I work in video game industry as well. Life just keeps getting better and better. I thank the good Lord for all the blessings.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
3 Ferraris, 1 Durango and now a Camaro

now that's A LOT of work
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Right now I'm 23, currently enrolled in college and have been in love with Camaro for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I'd hear my parents stories about my fathers and uncles Camaro. My uncle had a '69 Z/28 that he used for drag racing. I only ever saw pictures of it, and some crude home movies. Anyways, I've always wanted to get myself into a Camaro. I tried when i had some money saved up but i fell through and ended up with an Altima. However, now that its been a bit longer, and i have a much longer credit history I can get what I always intended to.
Attached Images

Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:46 PM   #6
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
My story with Camaro's is not long. But my first was 1969 Z/28 mess. Car was adjusted to be dragged and had the wrong gears in the back etc. It had an original steel cal hood and the interior was flawless. Had it for far too short and sold it to a collector for a lot more than I paid, as I had no idea what I was doing at the age of 17.

I was dumb for selling it. So dumb...

So jump to 2009, I was in line to get a brand spanking new SS. But while on the waiting list my wife had baby #1 and other things came up that put off my purchase. I watched the launch happen, and so many happy new Camaro owners drive off the lot. I think I watched Transformers 100 times for the Camaro alone...

Fast forward to April 2013 and my wife and I found ourselves needing two cars again as we now had three kids, and my job required a lot of driving. I got my bride a Dodge Durango for the family earlier that year, and she was trying to get me into a nice Honda or something sense able. I took the opportunity to use the base car payment we could afford and got the nicest 2013 Camaro I could get for the price (2013 1LT RS). I wanted my SS, but gas over $5 a gallon and budgets stretched.... I went with what I could afford.

Over the years I was able to make my 1LT a bit better and put my finger prints all over it. I love the car. Just want more power

Jump 2 1/2 years later and I have the funds for the car I want. With our final baby arriving in November, I took this 2016 release as my opportunity to get the fully loaded car I have always wanted. Get it before I can't buy any more toys. I was honestly going to pick up a 2013 or 2014 ZL1, but the upkeep on a car like that isn't cheap and the amount of driving I do, that warranty would be toast quickly.

So here I am, ready for my new 2016 Camaro 2SS with MRC, NPP, and nice black five split spoke rims. The cost for the car comes in just under the used ZL1's I was looking at and honestly Getting a new car over a used one that I have no idea how the last owner treated feels good.

A lot of people are playing the game of justifying the price of the new car, Regardless of the package. I am just glad I have saved my pennies and waited and gotten myself to a point where I can get my dream car.

I see this 2016 2SS as my forever car, I will baby it and daily drive it, and it will remain one of the cleanest 2016's on the road for as along as I own it.

This is why I am here. I love the Camaro brand and the fans, enthusiasts, and the haters. It makes for a great time here on Camaro6.com
that camaro of yours(the current one)looks very beautiful and clean honestly looks brand new.great job keeping it in good shape.congrats for the new baby and camaro,that baby will be very jealous of the love you give to your cars.lol
Cheers
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
CamaroBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
Right now I'm 23, currently enrolled in college and have been in love with Camaro for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I'd hear my parents stories about my fathers and uncles Camaro. My uncle had a '69 Z/28 that he used for drag racing. I only ever saw pictures of it, and some crude home movies. Anyways, I've always wanted to get myself into a Camaro. I tried when i had some money saved up but i fell through and ended up with an Altima. However, now that its been a bit longer, and i have a much longer credit history I can get what I always intended to.
Camaro to an Altima to a 16 Camaro SS?
Old 08-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Altima to a 16 Camaro SS?
nothing feels better than jumping from a weak 4cyl into a V8 or even a good V6.the kick,the rush and the first accelerations are sweeeeeet.and yes im daydreaming since I never drove a V8....
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #9
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
You have to start some where.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
CamaroBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
You have to start some where.
you must also be from the Altima boat
Old 08-24-2015, 12:10 AM   #11
Zultain7

Quote:
I never had one at first, I messed up the response. When i was 18, i tried to get a Camaro. however, every loan I tried to get fell through. So i ended up saving more up and trying again a little while later; still everything fell through. I ended up just getting the Altima because i actually got a loan for it. Now I'll be getting a Camaro.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #12
CamaroBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
I never had one at first, I messed up the response. When i was 18, i tried to get a Camaro. however, every loan I tried to get fell through. So i ended up saving more up and trying again a little while later; still everything fell through. I ended up just getting the Altima because i actually got a loan for it. Now I'll be getting a Camaro.
it was clear you never had one at first

just trying to figure out how an Altima could be a backup plan to a Camaro
Old 08-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #13
Zultain7

Quote:
it was clear you never had one at first

just trying to figure out how an Altima could be a backup plan to a Camaro
It wasn't my first choice. I went on a whim and i was approved for it. I needed a car and figured it would work for the time being. I apologize if it was confusing.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:36 AM   #14
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
nothing feels better than jumping from a weak 4cyl into a V8 or even a good V6.the kick,the rush and the first accelerations are sweeeeeet.and yes im daydreaming since I never drove a V8....
dude i never drove a v8 before neither! but I'm not going to either UNTILL i am getting it! haha that's how i did it with my 2014 v6 drove it out the lot brand spanking new!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote