Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-19-2015, 05:18 PM   #99
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Yep, well said. We bought them new, Camaros, Goats, SS, roadrunners, Cudas...slower on a drag than today (but no launch BS or TC ), not so good on curves(tires, springs and shocks sucked ) etc.... but I think if one was new today without all the fed stuff, just like 67-69. people would understand why they are more fun than the cruise rides of today...those days are gone, wish you all could have driven a new 67-69 327 Camaro, or 396 SS, 400 goat , '70 426 cuda, 440/389 roadrunner etc...My friends and I drove all of them

then again, no tech so guess they would not sell...no changing the colors on the interior lights, no text on a screen, no cooled seats ..I would buy one in a NY second!
I guess that I see tech differently. Your right, that 327 with 210HP, 14" rims, no power/drum brakes up front, single leaf springs in the rear, what a monster to drive! The 327 in early '69 was replaced by the powerful 307. Now my modded '69 Z/28 was fun, but my DD 1LE would destroy it and I now have a/c and can take trips on the highway in my Recaros. It was raw back then, those cars are great for the weekend. The offerings today are incredible, I had enough 'Old School'!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #100
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
I don't understand why people keep saying the tech in this car is too much?how can more tech be anoying for someone . I've seen comments about how cool would it be if we get a bare bone muscle car with manual window handles!!!!!we are in 21 sentury,all the automobile manufacturers including hyundai and kia are going with high tech features and all the Europeans are making jokes about how old school and low class the american manufacturers are.people are using massage feature in their cars and some guys here are whining about the ventilated seats,get over it grandpa the 60s are over!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #101
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Yep. Once the performance of modern cars surpassed my vintage muscle car, I sold it. love me some modern muscle
After 17 years with my fun '69 Z/28, I sold it and ordered it's awesome replacement!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #102
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
I want to know about the heavy duty cooling and brake package that can be ordered.

I want to know how much weight that adds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #103
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
So youre saying that you don't want all the extra performance goodies that Chevy is going to be, more or less, throwing in for free?
Well I think it's safe to say now that those goodies aren't free. Maybe it's by design? Price the V8 out of the "commoners" reach so GM stays inside CAFE limits and keeps the litigation lawyers off their back?
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote