#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
In my opinion the Gov. goes beyond their bounds to force a seatbelt law on adults selves. It's unconstitutional.

Kids? YES. Absolutely. Fine the adults for the kids not wearing but it should be left up to individuals to be accountable.

Of course I'm a seatbelt wearer and make my kids wear theirs. I've seen pics of the results of accidents where a seatbelt would absolutely 100% have saved the lives of the accupants. Doesn't take much.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
navyblueburnout
navyblueburnout

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Seatbelt saved my life last Dec. I got hit on the highway and flipped 3 times down the hill to the sevice road. now i do have permanent brain damage from hitting my head but i honestly would not be alive if i wasnt wearing wearing my seatbelt. wear them PLEASE.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyblueburnout View Post
Seatbelt saved my life last Dec. I got hit on the highway and flipped 3 times down the hill to the sevice road. now i do have permanent brain damage from hitting my head but i honestly would not be alive if i wasnt wearing wearing my seatbelt. wear them PLEASE.
Damn.

Glad you made it through. That sucks.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
Motleigh

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Silver Ice
The car has been sitting outside in the elements for over a year. even if the windshield was just spiderwebbed it would probably look like this. In a year there would be snow, heavy rain, possibly hail, plus the temperature changes that would allow the windshield to flex even more. One good hailstorm or heavy snowfall and it would push the glass in.

All women know how to fly...if you take our angel wings away, we'll find a broomstick
Motleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #19
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
that's a little odd. how does the windshield cave in, if people fly out? unless it just sunk back in...
think about it. windshields are glass panes with a laminate in between them. gravity pulls it back in. its not going to stay sticking out unless something is holding it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
In my opinion the Gov. goes beyond their bounds to force a seatbelt law on adults selves. It's unconstitutional.

Kids? YES. Absolutely. Fine the adults for the kids not wearing but it should be left up to individuals to be accountable.

Of course I'm a seatbelt wearer and make my kids wear theirs. I've seen pics of the results of accidents where a seatbelt would absolutely 100% have saved the lives of the accupants. Doesn't take much.
While that sounds good in theory, its not sensible. it counteracts your statement about the kids

here's why

We've had this issue come up ALL the time on here. and occasionally it has grown to a heated debate.

Some people may think that "well, its my car and my life, I dont have to wear my seatbelt" and thats fine. I hope I never have to see you scraped off the road. or even worse, see the people you killed because you flew around inside the car or were even ejected from the car and struck someone.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
think about it. windshields are glass panes with a laminate in between them. gravity pulls it back in. its not going to stay sticking out unless something is holding it out.

While that sounds good in theory, its not sensible. it counteracts your statement about the kids

We've had this issue come up ALL the time on here. and occasionally it has grown to a heated debate.

Some people may think that "well, its my car and my life, I dont have to wear my seatbelt" and thats fine. I hope I never have to see you scraped off the road. or even worse, see the people you killed because you flew around inside the car or were even ejected from the car and struck someone.
Compelling argument and certainly valid. And I agree 100%.

Still don't think the Gov. should have the power to force it.

Again, caviat with children in the car. Other adults have the power to refuse to ride.

Would a Gov. mandate on power to weight ratio save lives? Yes. It absolutley would. If they said it's illegal to have anything lower than, say, 15 lbs per horse power it would save lives by taking all the performance cars off the road (let's face it, performance cars cause problems because of the idiot people who disrespect them)

My example isnt' perfect but my point is made. (I guess, lol)

Again, I am a seatbelt believer 100%.

My State Trooper freind pretty much made me look at some pics that I don't care to remember but can't forget. And it made me an instant seatbelt wearer. Especially since the damage was straight front hit and at a AI estimated 35 mph.

There are a lot of things that are dangerous that are not illegal. (Yet)

I'm getting dangerously political here aren't I.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Big Brother will BF you.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #21
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Compelling argument and certainly valid. And I agree 100%.

Still don't think the Gov. should have the power to force it.

Again, caviat with children in the car. Other adults have the power to refuse to ride.
do you kick people out of your car for not wearing their seatbelt? I do.

or I pull off the road till they put it back on.
Would a Gov. mandate on power to weight ratio save lives? Yes. It absolutley would. If they said it's illegal to have anything lower than, say, 15 lbs per horse power it would save lives by taking all the performance cars off the road (let's face it, performance cars cause problems because of the idiot people who disrespect them)
you might want to research that... the statistics for performance car wrecks vs every other car wreck is vastly different. granted theres a smaller population of performance cars out there (depending on your definition of performance), even tho damn near every car rolling off the line these days has at least 300hp in at least one trim level. for us as camaro and performance enthusiasts, it sometimes appears that there are more incidents with performance cars but thats all in your perception.

WGAS if a toyota corolla rear ends a minivan on the interstate?

But if a yellow 5th gen tbones another 5th gen, everybody and their mother knows about it because performance cars stand out more compared to every other car on the road. so when one wrecks, it causes more of a stir.

I dont believe a mandate on power to weight would do anything but abolish the camaro completely. either that, or we'd end up with....

wait for it....

The new 6th Generation Camaro with the "Iron Duke Package!!!"

some performance cars cause problems because people disrespect them, but more often than not, its the guy in the Tercel with shitty brakes or the mom in the minivan with kids screaming or the girl in her SUV texting that cause the majority of multi-car accidents.

more often than not, performance cars are usually involved individual accidents and dont include others in their mishap.

having a mandate on power to weight would force us all into econobox cars that are lighter and weaker than a lot of the other cars out there.

either that, or manufacturers would be building CTS-V's for everyone (high hp... but high weight as well )

think about it this way... more weight nowadays translates easily to better strength and better crash survivability. knock the weight and power down and the roads will be full of ricers. and no one wants that.

My example isnt' perfect but my point is made. (I guess, lol)

Again, I am a seatbelt believer 100%.

My State Trooper freind pretty much made me look at some pics that I don't care to remember but can't forget. And it made me an instant seatbelt wearer. Especially since the damage was straight front hit and at a AI estimated 35 mph.

There are a lot of things that are dangerous that are not illegal. (Yet)

I'm getting dangerously political here aren't I.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Big Brother will BF you.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #22
Berean

Drives: Truck
I always wear my seatbelt and think it should be mandatory for kids, but I'm in the camp that says the government should stay out of our lives as much as possible.

Once we've decided it's ok to make us do things for our own good, there's no end to it. You can see it playing out that way even now.

Look at all the smoking bans. That's been almost universally successful, so they're attacking fast food now.

Pretty soon, you'll have a list of do's and dont's inside your own home. Don't think so? I bet 30 years ago, no one thought the government would be able to tell you what to do inside your own car either.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #23
mySSt

Drives: '11 SS M6, '14 SS 1LE, '17 SS 1LE
Ever see a race car driver not belt up before driving the car? Everybody in a car always needs to belt up!

I've seen an unbelted passenger actually crack a windshield with their head when driver had to quick brake at under 10 MPH in a parking lot. Thankfully, no injuries, just scared the **** out of all of us.

'11 CGM SS M6 ordered in 3/11, '14 BRM SS 1LE from stock in 10/13 & '17 HBM SS 1LE in 11/16 - all from BeckyD!!
mySSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Yikes. That would be eerie to see. Seatbelt ALWAYS on here. Nobody even rides in my car without one either. A seatbelt saved my dad's life when he wrecked years ago, and I've never complained about wearing one since.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
A seatbelt saved my life in '03 when a lady pulled out from a stop sign in front of me. I was only going 45mph, but I truly believe it saved my life. It left a nasty burn on my right hip when it pulled tight, but I didn't mind.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #26
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I love motorcycles, but it amazes me that it's against the law to be in a car without a seatbelt, but you can fly around on a crotch rocket while all the time remaining a potential human projectile without any problem, and in some states you can do it without even wearing your helmut. Somehow the 2 just don't go together real well. Sort of an oximoron.
Ever seen what a bike does during a crash? It is safer that you are away from it rather than being "belted" to it. I know I don't want to be tethered to mine during the event!

I agree with you on the helmet front tho. I know people demand to make their own choice but it really is a non-choice in my book.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
TO the OP...was that an S-10?

And to all...I ALWAYS wear my belts...even when moving the car in the driveway.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #28
gieselho

Drives: black type suzuki
but you can fly around on a crotch rocket while all the time remaining a potential human projectile without any problem, and in some states you can do it without even wearing your helmut.
gieselho is offline   Reply With Quote