#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 03-29-2024, 09:01 PM   #15
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Edit: One additional note - I wasn't sure if I got the wrong hardware with my Z26 kit, as it didn't seem to fit right, so I ended up reusing the "like new" stock hardware with the Z26 pads. Doesn't seem like that would play any part in these issues, but figured I would mention it.
No, you probably didn't get the wrong hardware. It's just not real self-explanatory on how to install it, and it's a VERY tight fit. I actually installed the spring thing backwards, but once I switched it around and got it installed correctly, now it works fine. I don't know why they couldn't use something similar to the stock hardware, so much easier.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:10 PM   #16
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I have installed Power Stop Z26 pads on the front of my 2020 Chevy Camaro 2SS with 4-piston Brembo brakes. I am having an issue with brake squeal at low speeds when coming to a stop. I have applied CRC Industries Disc Brake Quiet on the following: 1-top edge & side edge of the pads (on the metal part, not on the pad material of course); 2-back of the pad where they contact the pistons; 3-the 2 spring retention pins; and 4-the parts of the springs that contact the pins, and the pads. Am I missing some spot(s)? Am I using the wrong brake lube? I sure don't like using this brake lube anyway, it's very messy and I would be fine removing it all, cleaning everything up, and re-applying different brake lube, if that's what it takes.
I sent basically this same message to Power Stop, to see what I was doing wrong. They didn't answer my question at all. Instead, they just sent me two new boxes of Z26 front brake pads?!!? Umm, thanks? I previously broke one of the aluminum ingots off one of the pads a month or so ago, and they sent me a box of pads then too. Of course I only used one pad out of that box. So I have two full boxes of new Z26 front pads, and another box of 3 new pads. Honestly not sure what I'm going to do. It doesn't squeal real often except when I do some town driving - lots of starting & stopping. I'm taking the car on a trip to St. Pete Beach in a couple of weeks, and dont' really want the brakes squealing when driving around town.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 03-30-2024, 01:33 PM   #17
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I sent basically this same message to Power Stop, to see what I was doing wrong. They didn't answer my question at all. Instead, they just sent me two new boxes of Z26 front brake pads?!!? Umm, thanks? I previously broke one of the aluminum ingots off one of the pads a month or so ago, and they sent me a box of pads then too. Of course I only used one pad out of that box. So I have two full boxes of new Z26 front pads, and another box of 3 new pads. Honestly not sure what I'm going to do. It doesn't squeal real often except when I do some town driving - lots of starting & stopping. I'm taking the car on a trip to St. Pete Beach in a couple of weeks, and dont' really want the brakes squealing when driving around town.
I also had 2 sets of Power stop pads, had them off/on half dozen times adding the lube they sent, followed the break in procedures half dozen different times, replaced the pads, never could get them to stop making noise. I didn't want to put stock brembo's back on so I tried a set of Hawk pads. Zero noise and very low dust. I had power stop pads on my 2017 with zero issue, but I simply could not get them quiet on my 2022. I have no idea of they are the same materials from previous years.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:35 PM   #18
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Camaro View Post
I also had 2 sets of Power stop pads, had them off/on half dozen times adding the lube they sent, followed the break in procedures half dozen different times, replaced the pads, never could get them to stop making noise. I didn't want to put stock brembo's back on so I tried a set of Hawk pads. Zero noise and very low dust. I had power stop pads on my 2017 with zero issue, but I simply could not get them quiet on my 2022. I have no idea of they are the same materials from previous years.
What are the Hawk pads? Just as low dust as the PowerStop? Better braking performance?
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:04 PM   #19
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
What are the Hawk pads? Just as low dust as the PowerStop? Better braking performance?
Hawk, like power stop has several options to choose from. I don't track my car, so I just wanted a low dust pad. Mine are called the Hawk Ceramic Performance. P/N's are HB726 Z.582 and HB727 Z.592. I would say the brake dust is very similar to power stop. They both say zero dust, but they do create a little, 90 percent better than Brembo stock pads. I tried both power stop z23 and z26 pads, could never get the noise out of either set. Seemed like on the power stops, after they were warmed up, the noise would quit. But, show up at a cars and coffee or some cruise night where the car sits for an hour, I was embarrassed to leave, squeal was loud. Immediately upon putting Hawk pads on the car, zero brake noise. Oddly enough, the lowest cost place I found to purchase them was Tire Rack. z26 pads are in the trash. z23 pads are in the box, free to anyone who will pay for shipping and I'll even throw in the guaranteed squeal.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:34 PM   #20
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Camaro View Post
Mine are called the Hawk Ceramic Performance. P/N's are HB726 Z.582 and HB727 Z.592.
Thanks for the info on the Hawk pads, and the part numbers. I'll definitely get the Hawk pads when I'm ready to replace the rear pads. And I don't think I'll use the other 2 boxes of Power Stop front pads either. Interesting that Tire Rack is the same price as Amazon, but Amazon claims they don't fit (every other vendor says they do).

My Camaro Journal