Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #113
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Good lord. There are so many options on this car now. It's ridiculous. Guys like me who have trouble deciding when there are so many options always just have to have it all. :(

However, they ruined the steering wheel in 2012 and the wheels in 2013. :(
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #114
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
It hasn't been. There is still confusion, but the data points that they will likely be 11" rears.
Good! The 11" rears are definitely a "plus" in my book.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #115
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
From the brochure: "MyLink on Camaro does not include CD player..."

Call me old fashioned, but I want my CD player more than whatever this thing does. I mean, I can appreciate that you can stream music from different sources and it has Bluetooth and USB connectivity and all, but come on, are CDs THAT far behind that cars aren't coming with CD players anymore??

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #116
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Good! The 11" rears are definitely a "plus" in my book.
I was hoping for the 10" as it would make more sense on a track car. They are running the 10" tires on the 11" rear which is stupid IMO.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #117
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Stock bodykit? The ground effects?

And why get the 1LE in that case? For the handling/look/wheels?
Yes i meant the Ground effects kit. I just really like the way it looks. I want the 1LE cause of the handling but i might just add the ground effects with it.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #118
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Yes i meant the Ground effects kit. I just really like the way it looks. I want the 1LE cause of the handling but i might just add the ground effects with it.
It's your car. I say you do what makes you happy. Who cares what others think.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #119
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdoesdirt View Post
After much searching, the truth is that there are no halo/HID lights on the 1LE.
The 1LE pkg is a performance pkg and the RS is an appearance pkg. You can not combine the two!!
I think its poor that all photos and even the catalogue show the 1LE with halos.
Now I'm wondering what else isn't on the 1LE that is shown in the pics.
There's also lots of questions whether the wheels are actually 10W all around or 10W frt and 11W rr. Hmmm
Where did you see that you can't get the RS Package with the 1LE? Everything that I've seen up until this point has shown me that the two are available on the same car. I don't think GM would be releasing this many pictures of the 1LE with an RS Package it can't get...
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #120
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
After much searching, the truth is that there are no halo/HID lights on the 1LE.
The 1LE pkg is a performance pkg and the RS is an appearance pkg. You can not combine the two!!
I think its poor that all photos and even the catalogue show the 1LE with halos.
There's also lots of questions whether the wheels are actually 10W all around or 10W frt and 11W rr. Hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
Where did you see that you can't get the RS Package with the 1LE? Everything that I've seen up until this point has shown me that the two are available on the same car. I don't think GM would be releasing this many pictures of the 1LE with an RS Package it can't get...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=1LE+RS

Scroll down and you'll see:

AVAILABLE RS APPEARANCE PACKAGE
Equip your 1LE with HID headlamps (including halo rings), a body color roof ditch molding, and a body color shark fin antenna for a clean exterior appearance and unique RS badging.

and:

ZL1-based 20 x 10-inch front and 20 x 11-inch aluminum wheels

In the official GM press release on the 1LE. I think your dealer may have gotten something wrong that didn't allow him to add the RS package to your 1LE...I haven't tried ordering mine yet so I can't say for sure, but I'd go back to your dealer and see if there's a way to add the RS package to your car if you really want it.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #121
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
So in every picture of the 1LE, I see the halo ring/HID headlights. I ordered my 1LE/2SS today but the halo/HID lights are only available with the RS pkg and you cant combine the 1LE and an RS pkg.
Am I getting this right? Did my dlr get this right? Anyone else notice this?
Yeah bro, you're dealer is wrong. Every single picture I've ever seen of the 1LE has the RS package, halos included. I think it would be an incredible mistake for GM to show every 1LE with the RS package and then NOT allow it on the production models. Especially now since the 1LE in the 2013 Camaro brochure here has the RS package. Besides that, I think the red SS badge for the RS pckg makes the car go a little faster doesn't it??

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #122
Butcher

Quote:

That might just be a glitch in the system. I don't believe that any orders for 1LEs are being accepted yet. When I tried to order my car, I just got the message "1LE not available for order yet". I had no problem with ordering the RS package with the 1LE package.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #123
Butcher

Quote:
I was hoping for the 10" as it would make more sense on a track car. They are running the 10" tires on the 11" rear which is stupid IMO.

It might seem stupid, but I think it makes perfect sense. If they were going to run 10" rear wheels, they would have to be special wheels just for the 1LE. That would NOT be cost efficient. Besides, 10" rear wheels only make sense if you plan on leaving the car stock. 11" rear wheels make it much easier to install 305 of even 315 rear tires. With the right bolt-ons, it would be easy to have a car that can run as good as a ZL1 on almost any track. It won't be difficult to get a higher power to weight ratio on a 1LE, than on a stock ZL1. If that happens, bigger rear tires will make it much more fun to drive.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #124
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Camaro Brochure

My dealer doesn't have the 2013 brochures yet and I can't wait. Does anyone have an address where I can get one?
Much apprecited!
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #125
dirkdoesdirt

Drives: 2010 Silverado, Ordered 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=1LE+RS

Scroll down and you'll see:

AVAILABLE RS APPEARANCE PACKAGE
Equip your 1LE with HID headlamps (including halo rings), a body color roof ditch molding, and a body color shark fin antenna for a clean exterior appearance and unique RS badging.

and:

ZL1-based 20 x 10-inch front and 20 x 11-inch aluminum wheels

In the official GM press release on the 1LE. I think your dealer may have gotten something wrong that didn't allow him to add the RS package to your 1LE...I haven't tried ordering mine yet so I can't say for sure, but I'd go back to your dealer and see if there's a way to add the RS package to your car if you really want it.
Back at the dlr today and the GM Zone rep was there. I spoke to him and he thought this was strange also so in turn has contacted the Camaro Marketing mgr. He will let me know the answer directly. What did not make sense to him was that the halo lights were included in the RS pkg but in GM's order workbench is not available as a stand alone option. This might end up being an "oops" the ordering software dept. Everything says you can have it but its not available when you get right down to actually ordering it. I'm expecting an answer soon and will post it up.
dirkdoesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #126
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
It might seem stupid, but I think it makes perfect sense. If they were going to run 10" rear wheels, they would have to be special wheels just for the 1LE. That would NOT be cost efficient. Besides, 10" rear wheels only make sense if you plan on leaving the car stock. 11" rear wheels make it much easier to install 305 of even 315 rear tires. With the right bolt-ons, it would be easy to have a car that can run as good as a ZL1 on almost any track. It won't be difficult to get a higher power to weight ratio on a 1LE, than on a stock ZL1. If that happens, bigger rear tires will make it much more fun to drive.
Sorry if this is a lame question, haven't really looked into the wheels much, but why would the rear wheels have to be different than the front wheels if they were both 20x10"?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote