Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #113
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No, this whole thing never DROPS the temperature. It keeps it from going up excessively and results in an increase of only 1.5 degrees over then next 100 years.

And no, not driving your car won't have that impact. It will require significant wholesale changes to our lifestyle over the next many years to accomplish that. The discussion isn't whether the changes are the right thing to do, they are for the most part, it's the cost to implement them and the negative impact on the global economy.

And just to be clear, if you believe that driving your car around has ZERO impact on the environment you are kidding yourself. The only debate still raging is how much of an impact that has.

But I would find it hilarious if someone actually came on here and tried to convince us that 200 million cars in the US has no impact at all on the environment.

Automobiles just happen to be the "easiest" of most of the solutions, mostly because you can do it by the cars and trucks produced. The next phase would be requiring you to install energy efficient HVAC, doors and windows plus insulation in your home or business. And since the government, for some reason thinks they have to pay for or incentivize this, that's even more money. And then there's the beef production.........
IMO it's all useless unless we can turn CO2 back into fuel. Supposedly there is some research going on in there and with some renewable power, and it looks like it could be doable. CO2 by itself is useless so you have to deal with it somehow. I did some research on direct air capture technology and that's one of the biggest problems they face: CO2 doesn't generate any revenue outside of making fizzy drinks, but how much fizzy drinks do you need to contain that much CO2.

Solve the problem, not delay the inevitable. That's my opinion. The basic principle isn't too hard to understand, CO2+water+energy=fuel. Should be doable with our technology now, with a synthetic photosynthesis process involving some way of producing clean energy and some catalysts.

Besides, if your goal is efficiency then yeah, why not just copy the world in Brave New World? I bet the pollution is pretty low in that world, but then that raises the question that whether the humanity in that world is really meaningful anymore. I am for something like more efficient HVAC system(heat pumps are great), but beef production? Yeah I wish I am dead before I have to be forced to eat lab grown meat or bugs. That's just wrong.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote