Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #127
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
So, help me out Ruby, what Nissan coupe did you buy that looks "sexy" or "sporty" as compared to some of the GM offerings? Personally, outside of possibly the Maxima, I find Nissan's offerings rather bland and boring.

It has a shape. Not just plain sides. It is not just shaped like a pill. I just don't get the trend of all cars looking like a pill & all trucks & SUV's looking like a box. I also prefer the look of the older GMC trucks/SUV's like the ones in the thread below. Build some shape into those fenders as well as the front & rear shapes. The Maxima is basicly the same shape as the Altima. It does not take a designer to come up with smooth sides & front with a little chrome slapped on it. It is great that Chevy spends most of their design budget on Camaro & Corvette, but a little more on the rest of the line would be great also. Here are pics of what I got. It seems a few C5 members agree with me.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325117
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #128
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
The same could and sometimes is said by the V8 guys about anyone who chooses to drive a V6 Camaro or Mustang.

Look, I'm an old fart and a V8 guy through and through when it comes to what I buy for myself, but I also understand that the general automotive buyer today is a lot different than me, so I'm okay with manufacturers doing what they need to do to ensure they remain relevant in the 21st century rather than seeing the situation that occurred in the '70's happen again. Back then, the big three built the same types of cars they had always been building (large, heavy, mainly v8-powered) despite rapidly changing market conditions and those that were laughed at by those same organizations, Datsun, Toyota, etc. built cars that appealed to the times and, as a result, are now equally if players in global automotive sales.
I meant to say beat a camaro . But I agree ! we all change with times and a V6 was always offered not a 4 banger. But hey, a 4 Banger has been a part of the mustang life . So they can make them if they won't. To me it's no so much about the V8 HP but the growl of the V8 that I like. Which is why I will be getting a SS soon.

But the V6 wasn't about making more horsepower than the V8 , that's what you made it seem like with the 4 Banger having more horsepower than the V6 and V8. Which was never the V6 motive.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #129
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Can you point me to where you found those statistics? Or maybe not, if you pulled them out of where I think you did.

Do a little research. made several upgrades/improvements to the Mustang between the 2005 and 2009 model years, despite no Camaro, just not in the area of horsepower.
I do be on the mustang forums and but I don't see many ppl saying they switch from a camaro to a mustang . like see on here with ppl saying they came from a mustang to a camaro. But no statistics. Darn you! LOL..
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #130
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Why wait and get complacent. ? GM is not waiting! I thought it was about being all you can be?
Quote:
Can you point me to where you found those statistics? Or maybe not, if you pulled them out of where I think you did.

Do a little research. Ford made several upgrades/improvements to the Mustang between the 2005 and 2009 model years, despite no Camaro, just not in the area of horsepower.
Didn't the Challenger come out around 2006? They were starting to have competition again in the pony car segment... Their competition isn't just the Camaro remember...
Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #131
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
So again, just so I'm clear, those who bought a V6 Camaro (or V6 Mustang, for that matter) should have bough a Camry instead because the Camaro is a Musclecar, and if you don't want a Camaro Musclecar, you have no right to buy one?!?!!?
Why do you keep bringing the V6 into this? No one is arguing against the V6, however a TTI4 is actually a threat to a V6, so if anyone is against a V6 it's the 4 cylinder fans. Also, does anyone even know if the 4 cylinder actually has better gas mileage than the V6 in the same car? I'd be willing to bet it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Mustang II was a sales success BTW. And the Mustang has never stopped production, and Ford was able to find private joey rather than turn to a Government for a bailout, so I'm quite sure they know what people want. I will give it to GM for being the world's largest automaker, but compare the range of offerings required to hold that position. I rather GM make more money, than sell more volume. I'd like to see both GM and Ford continue to do we'll, and I feel the anti $ bias is short-sighted and damaging to the future of the cars we love. There should laws be a V8 option, but without volume there will be no option at all.
You contradict yourself here. The Mustang II was a sales success, but GM gets knocked for having too many offerings? You'd like GM to put profits over volume, and yet you're arguing for a 4 cylinder car specifically for volume. You should listen to yourself.

GM needs to sell cars people want to buy. They don't have to reinvent the wheel.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #132
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
You're likely to see several 4banger Mustangs in the coming years, so you might want to stock up on Depends. What's funny though, is that you're very likely to also see those turbo 4's putting the smack down on older V6 and possibly V8 Camaros and Mustangs.
Definitely older V8 Mustangs, anyway.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #133
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Definitely older V8 Mustangs, anyway.
Was watching an episode of Top Gear/BBC, and they dyno'd an old 350...... Then had to paint over the 350 because it was no longer even close. HP drops quickly w/age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #134
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
You're likely to see several 4banger Mustangs in the coming years, so you might want to stock up on Depends. What's funny though, is that you're very likely to also see those turbo 4's putting the smack down on older V6 and possibly V8 Camaros and Mustangs.
That is probably most likely, turbo charged adds some zip, but it's still a four banger. Americans are known world wide for being LOUD, Arrogant, Aggressive, and Obnoxious! V-8s are like Apple Pie! Like driving a Harley, LOUD and mostly used to putt-putt around. It's not about if you're feeling good, it's all about as long as you're looking good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #135
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I still don't believe this whole thread.

Even if you guys want to argue about whether it will sell, I don't see Al making a statement so definitive about a product this early.

Also, why hasn't the automotive press picked this up? I don't see Jalopnik, Left Lane, Auto Week, Motor Trend, or anyone else posting stories about this and making a big deal.

Basically, what I want is proof. Show me some.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
They haven't picked up on it, because he never specifically mention anything regarding a 4 cylinder engine, let alone one in a Camaro. Besides, this thread is no longer about that topic anyway.
That's not quite how it works.....

Let's try and stay on topic: that is - the author's baseless assumption that there will be no four cylinder in the next-gen Camaro.

Sounds like wishful thinking on his part - and he attempted to make his own dreams come true by misusing Mr. Oppenheiser's comments on another topic.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #137
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's not quite how it works.....

Let's try and stay on topic: that is - the author's baseless assumption that there will be no four cylinder in the next-gen Camaro.

Sounds like wishful thinking on his part - and he attempted to make his own dreams come true by misusing Mr. Oppenheiser's comments on another topic.
Well he did say this.
Quote:
He also added that downsizing the car or the engine too much will stray too far from what the Camaro is all about, and make people question whether the car should continue on.

“We’ve established what the Camaro is. And if the Camaro ceases to become a Camaro, you’ve got to consider, do you take Camaro out in the future.”
Old 11-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #138
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
They haven't picked up on it, because he never specifically mention anything regarding a 4 cylinder engine, let alone one in a Camaro. Besides, this thread is no longer about that topic anyway.
I know the topic has changed, but the core of this whole thread is built on calling out the chief engineer of our favorite car. His name is now associated with the idea that no 4-cylinder Camaro is planned. That's fine if it turns out to be true. If it's wrong, however, someone's going to call him a liar, and that's not okay.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #139
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well he did say this.
I understand, but where in that quote does it say "There will not be a four-cylinder"? The original author was...imho...irresponsibly bold in his reporting.

I am just afraid that people are reading in between the lines where there is nothing to read, imo. However...CAFE standards are real...the 2.0T ATS is real...

Take this quote for example:

"In the future – something I don’t think the public realizes yet – there may be a day when nobody: Ford, Chrysler or GM has a V8...."

So does that mean they're dropping the V8? No....but you could make an equally baseless argument against a V8 in the 6th-gen by this quote as the author has made against a four-cylinder using the "downisizing" comment.

Al and the rest of the Camaro team often refered to the entire Camaro lineup when describing the car's character, ability, or purpose; from LS to Z/28. I think that the entire lineup is what he is referring to in that statement...just thinking back to how I've seen these guys talk and act. If you substitute a T4 for the V6, just for example: that statement still means the same thing, and the Camaro, as a brand, is not changed.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I understand, but where in that quote does it say "There will not be a four-cylinder"? The original author was...imho...irresponsibly bold in his reporting.

I am just afraid that people are reading in between the lines where there is nothing to read, imo. However...CAFE standards are real...the 2.0T ATS is real...

Take this quote for example:

"In the future – something I don’t think the public realizes yet – there may be a day when nobody: Ford, Chrysler or GM has a V8...."

So does that mean they're dropping the V8? No....but you could make an equally baseless argument against a V8 in the 6th-gen by this quote as the author has made against a four-cylinder using the "downisizing" comment.

Al and the rest of the Camaro team often refered to the entire Camaro lineup when describing the car's character, ability, or purpose; from LS to Z/28. I think that the entire lineup is what he is referring to in that statement...just thinking back to how I've seen these guys talk and act. If you substitute a T4 for the V6, just for example: that statement still means the same thing, and the Camaro, as a brand, is not changed.
I wonder though, what about the Corvette? At least in the beginning it started out as a 6 cylinder only, it may have to return to its roots so to speak..

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 4 cylinder camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 4 cylinder, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro