Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #239
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
So you’re saying the interior of your 2SS is vastly different than this? I have the same upgraded Recaros, 8 inch touchscreen, etc.

For my purposes? Yes. Like I said, I choose to have heated / ventilated seats, so let’s start there. Could care less about the screen size, so I take whatever comes with the package. I also want...scratch that... REQUIRE HUD. Those two things alone put me in a 2SS.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 05-02-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:37 PM   #240
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Haha.. i will get some vids and keep the thread updated.
Please do. Looking forward to the results.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #241
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
For my purposes? Yes. Like I said, I choose to have heated / ventilated seats, so let’s start there. Could care less about the screen size, so I take whatever comes with the package. I also want...scratch that... REQUIRE HUD. Those two things alone put me in a 2SS.
So the difference comes down to HUD. Not quite the night and day difference you originally laid out with the interior.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:48 PM   #242
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
So the difference comes down to HUD. Not quite the night and day difference you originally laid out with the interior.
How about:

HUD
Larger Info screen
Leather on the knee bolsters
Leather on the door panels
Heated and Cooled seats
Dual climate control
Lighted door seals and interior lighting package around door panels, cup holders and Radio

That is more of what differences you see between the LT1 interior and the 2 SS

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-02-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #243
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
You aren’t gonna give up on this are ya?

It’s the entire list of differences between the base interior and the 2LT/2SS interiors. The main issues being heated / ventilated leather seats and HUD. I prefer the optional lighting system to the non-lighted. I prefer the alcantara knee bolster. I prefer the soft leather at the top of the door panel. I prefer the more advanced IP display and options. I prefer having the option to get MRC. I prefer the dual A/C where the edge rims control driver and passenger temp and can be synced or separated.

For what it’s worth, I never said night and day. Those are apparently your words. But the differences that do exist are important enough that I prefer to not be without the additional features.

To top things off, I opted for the Fifty package which starts with the 2LT (V6) or 2SS (V8) trim. I’ve been in 1SS cars. I’m in my 2SS car everyday. I personally would not switch between the two. We good?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 05-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #244
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Everyone is forgetting about the best feature of all on the 2SS... The heated steering wheel!

The LT1 is an awesome car though, I think they look better than the refreshed SS.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #245
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Everyone is forgetting about the best feature of all on the 2SS... The heated steering wheel!

The LT1 is an awesome car though, I think they look better than the refreshed SS.
Good point. I take that for granted. It’s like a choreographed step...Start car, tap seat heater button, tap steering wheel heat button, shift into gear, reach for the drop top button. I’m so friggin’ spoiled.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #246
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
This is the most civil an LT1 vs SS debate has been since eternity.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #247
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
My 1LE is my first experience with a HUD, and all I can say is “where have you been all my life!”

I will never buy a new sports car that doesn’t have a HUD.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #248
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
What a painful thread.

Cut the crap.

SS’s are superior to LT1’s and SS1LE’s are a cut above SS’s. Why? Because they were designed to be. The result in each case is a car with more overall capability. Period.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #249
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
What a painful thread.

Cut the crap.

SS’s are superior to LT1’s and SS1LE’s are a cut above SS’s. Why? Because they were designed to be. The result in each case is a car with more overall capability. Period.
Hey hey hey now, you can't just come in here with your Zl1 and push us around bub.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:59 PM   #250
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Lol, you’re right. Time to pour a bourbon.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:29 PM   #251
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
What a painful thread.

Cut the crap.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

You get what you pay for, if you want a bare bones V8, LT1 is for you, want a fully loaded, track ready V8, get a 2SS, what a fire breathing, super charged V8, get a ZL1!

An LT1 does NOT equal an SS and an SS does NOT equal a ZL1! Get over it, they just DON'T, there is a reason for the different models...

I bought a fully loaded 2SS (NPP, MRC, Red Calipers, A10, etc) I contemplated a ZL1 (and ALMOST did it, but I don't plan to track or race my car, so I just couldn't justify nearly 20K more (I was paying cash either way), the 2SS is more car than I've ever owned, sounds great and is a lot of fun to drive, eventually it'll probably be my daily driver, but right now it is my fun car... 15+ months old, 4,000 miles, freshly washed, detailed and "Ceramic Boosted" with the car cover in the garage...)

Buy what you want, but FAR more importantly buy what you can afford (do NOT go car poor for a few horsepower) and enjoy what you have... In the end, we ALL own Camaros, celebrate them for the iconic cars that they are and enjoy the awesomeness of the 6th gen Alpha platform and get over the minutia...

At least you aren't driving some POS Mustang or Challenger!!!

Anyone can say what they want, but this is one bad bitch right here...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 05-02-2021 at 11:13 PM.
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:00 AM   #252
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Quote:
Lol, you’re right. Time to pour a bourbon.