Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #85
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Not trying to be condescending, or an ass or anything... You say that I need to admit your render looks more like a 69, and it does, but really, looks far from it regardless.. And why does it matter which looks more like a 69? Also, the second gen of the 5th gen, is the 6th gen, so there should be some evolution, but the second gen, original, had only the first gen to work from, so it had no line of evolving cars to build off

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur." - Kazutoshi Mizuno

Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #86
Brettzel

Dude, you know what, I really don't wanna be an ass to you. I dig what you are doing, but not sure that the design is fit for the next, or any future Camaro. That is literally all I want to communicate to you. Keep working with the program, better your skills, and take it from there. Sorry for my words spoken earlier, I meant no offense with them.

"Anyone who tells me a good car is one that is light with high power to weight ratio is an amateur." - Kazutoshi Mizuno

Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #87
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
I still think your last rendering is shaping up to be what a future Camaro could look like.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #88
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Not trying to be condescending, or an ass or anything... You say that I need to admit your render looks more like a 69, and it does, but really, looks far from it regardless.. And why does it matter which looks more like a 69? Also, the second gen of the 5th gen, is the 6th gen, so there should be some evolution, but the second gen, original, had only the first gen to work from, so it had no line of evolving cars to build off
My point was simply the back of my render was closer to a 69 Camaro back than Bruno's. The only reason why it mattered in this context was because the back of my concept was described as looking like a Testarossa (which it doesn't) and of not looking like a Camaro which it looked a lot more like than a Testarossa, that was all.

Quote:
Dude, you know what, I really don't wanna be an ass to you. I dig what you are doing, but not sure that the design is fit for the next, or any future Camaro. That is literally all I want to communicate to you. Keep working with the program, better your skills, and take it from there. Sorry for my words spoken earlier, I meant no offense with them.
Gotcha and that's cool. It may not be for a Camaro. I'm starting to think it would be worthwhile to have GM create a new class of sports car that's an entry-level below the Camaro since performance Camaro's are getting so expensive.

Feel free to comment; don't think I don't want feedback... all I ask is if at all possible, describe what you don't like and why. If you can give some indication of what you WOULD like to see that would be even better.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #89
Brettzel

Take your render, throw a v6, or turbo 4 cylinder, and make a small, light rwd enthusiast car, like a brz competitor.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #90
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Take your render, throw a v6, or turbo 4 cylinder, and make a small, light rwd enthusiast car, like a brz competitor.
That might actually be pretty popular. It would basically be going back to the target of the original Camaro; an affordable performance car. People loved them and had a blast customizing and modding them. I think that formula would still work just as well today.

I'm seriously giving that some thought to work up some concepts since I'm not having any luck with Camaro concepts lol.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #91
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
no

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #92
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Think about this for a second. In 2020 we are at least looking at a refresh of the 6th Gen, if not the 7th Gen Camaro. Compare the 1st Gen to the 3rd Gen Camaro and ask yourself if they look anything alike. Place yourself in 1969 and someone shows you a drawing of a 3rd Gen Camaro...would you say that drawing was a Camaro? I doubt it. If history is a guide, then the Camaro of 6-7 years from now will not look much like what we have now.

Keep it up Doc, you've got some interesting ideas.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #93
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Think about this for a second. In 2020 we are at least looking at a refresh of the 6th Gen, if not the 7th Gen Camaro. Compare the 1st Gen to the 3rd Gen Camaro and ask yourself if they look anything alike. Place yourself in 1969 and someone shows you a drawing of a 3rd Gen Camaro...would you say that drawing was a Camaro? I doubt it. If history is a guide, then the Camaro of 6-7 years from now will not look much like what we have now.

Keep it up Doc, you've got some interesting ideas.
Will do and thank you Gretch!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #94
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Trying something a little different. Someone had mentioned wanting more trunk space for golf clubs and such so I decided to try a full hatchback design. I know some are going to freak out and say that makes it look like a Corvette but so what. I don't see that as a negative. A hatchback design has the distinct advantage of more rear storage and easy access to it.

I went for more angular styling as opposed to curves. It still needs some details like door handles and other miscellaneous things so it's not finished. I'm not entirely sold on the front either. Instead of something sleek and streamlined I was going for a heftier look. I mean it's okay, but it doesn't grab me and say "this is it".

This shape works in black which is saying something since black is the most difficult color to work with. It tends to hide detail so it forces the overall shape to stand on it's own without being able to see surface details that might otherwise distract the eye and break up boring overall shapes.

I've done some renders in silver so you can see how much and what type of styling details are actually there.

Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e1.jpg
Views: 7620
Size:  123.4 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e2.jpg
Views: 2315
Size:  89.6 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e3.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  98.5 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e4.jpg
Views: 1923
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e5.jpg
Views: 2646
Size:  103.0 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e6.jpg
Views: 1769
Size:  61.2 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e7.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  53.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #95
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Reworked the front. I like this version better.

Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e8.jpg
Views: 39790
Size:  95.9 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4e9.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  44.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #96
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
I like the previous coupe rear much better than the hatchback version.

Front is looking better to me, but still needs something. I think a little more profile from the side view, similar to current models may help, remove the center grilles making that area look more like a bumper & add a little roundover to the cornors of the lower grille to make it look more natural.

My thoughts for today.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #97
Sic

Drives: Boxster
I for one am counting my lucky stars that none of you are on GM's design team. Those things look like the illicit love child of a 1960's Cadillac Eldorado and a 90's Acura NSX. #lookslikeass
Sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #98
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic View Post
I for one am counting my lucky stars that none of you are on GM's design team. Those things look like the illicit love child of a 1960's Cadillac Eldorado and a 90's Acura NSX. #lookslikeass
Get a life. #lookslikeass? No, it doesn't look at all like you.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM