Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #15
Scoooter12

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1lt 2.0 White
Can confirm that my MY16 car has NLS.
What would happen if we lowered the minimum engagement speed from 9mph to 0?
launch control using the NLS control? probably a terrible idea.

Also I think it would be cool to discuss how the NLS functions in the real world. as I don't find my rpm's to be dropping to a specific rpm but more like certain rpm below when NLS was activated. for example, if I shift at 6000 it drops to 5300. shift at 6500 and it drops to 5800rpm. maybe I'm wrong?
Scoooter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #16
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I don't know that modifying the NLS feature would be the best option for a launch control, even if dropping the VSS to 0, even if it did work, I think it would hold the rpms too high for a launch to actually hook...

I think you'd have better luck either trying to modify the rollback assist rpms, or the launch assist rpms for a launch control. For instance, change the lunch assist for 1st gear at 80% and above to your desired launch RPM, and I bet that might work. Foot to the floor, in theory, it should hold the rpm to your specified value, rather than letting it rev to 6000, with the clutch in. Might be a couple other tables to tweak to get it to work right, but in my mind it should work great for manual trans guys into drag racing.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote