Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #85
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Does anyone else think this car looks huge? The more pictures I see of it, the larger it looks. I know the 5th gen sure isn't a small car and that the 6th gen is slightly smaller, but for some reason it just looks huge. It needs to be seen in person, for sure.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #86
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?

For the most part. Might change some things, but nothing is horrible.

With that said, it's not enough to make me feel like I have to move from a 5th gen to a 6th gen. This doesn't make the look of the 5th gen any more obsolete than the refresh did. Based on looks alone - this is just refresh #2 (and yes, performance is another story altogether).

I mostly happy that Chevy allowed me to get another 5 or 6 years out of my 2011 without it looking dated. Frees me up to buy something else in the meantime.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #87
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
C) Think its a good evolution of the current car?

For the most part. Might change some things, but nothing is horrible.

With that said, it's not enough to make me feel like I have to move from a 5th gen to a 6th gen. This doesn't make the look of the 5th gen any more obsolete than the refresh did. Based on looks alone - this is just refresh #2 (and yes, performance is another story altogether).

I mostly happy that Chevy allowed me to get another 5 or 6 years out of my 2011 without it looking dated. Frees me up to buy something else in the meantime.
This is a pretty good point - it looks similar enough to my car for me to wait until 2017 for ZL1
Old 08-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #88
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
Car pictures never do a car full justice. I think this car is going to be 50 times better looking in person than in pictures. And to me in the pictures it already looks awesome
I agree I'm betting the 6gen will look awesome in person. Can't wait to see it!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #89
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
I vote A and C. Before they announced the 6th Gen I couldn't see how they could pull it off, considering how beautiful the 5th Gen is. When I first saw the pictures I thought "Well that's much better than I thought" ---- the original pictures that were circulated on Camaro5 were horrific in my opinion- the red one that resembled an old Monte Carlo (not that I didn't like the Monte Carlo but that specific concept was terrifying). I was so glad to see a Gen 6 that kept the overall design of the 5th Gen but modernized it a bit. And that interior...oh my god, what a breath of fresh air. Love it.
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #90
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Completely Underwhelmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Folks, I just want to say thanks for the responses. I pondered making this post for a long time, expecting to take some slack and be called a troll. I remember when I first joined this site I took a lot of grief over my Mustang ownership and how some interpreted my posts. None the less, the styling was really something I wanted to discuss with fans of the car, to "open my eyes", if you will. And the responses have been great. I really appreciate that. I guess I'm considered part of the Forum now, in spite of my Mustang ownership. Maybe that's why I was invited to the reveal. As luck would have it, the Ford guys still see me in a good light as well, and I've been invited to a track day test of the upcoming GT350 variants. Some days it's good to be a car guy.
It defiantly looks like a hodge pudge of design...no flow. It's not in one word, sleek. It's not beautiful either. Too many creases; front, hood sides, rear and roof. The top of the car (cabin area) does not flow with the rest of the body sides. It looks added-on. The crease from the side of the hood to under the side windows separates the top cabin area too much from the body side, making it look chunky and bloated in the middle from roof to the rockers. The back looks to busy and plasticky. The protruding creases on the front-end on either side don't match with anything else on the car. The hood...um...just no. Too many creases and the nostrils, just a bad idea. The wing spoiler is not ever gonna look good on a Camaro.
I've always been a Camaro fan, however the new GT350 is a much cleaner and sleeker looking design (the Flat Crank engine is really sweet). The C7 is the first Corvette to catch my attention also a sleek design (with a few too may creases here and there).

And the 5Gen Camaro is a beautiful design with great flow, so what happened 6Gen?

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 08-04-2015 at 02:54 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote