Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #127
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
This car WILL be for sale in the fall of this year.
Based on what?
Old 01-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #128
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
From this article

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2015/j...in-super-bowl/

"Mahoney said the reason is Chevy's main vehicle introductions in 2015 will be in the second half of the year, so it didn't make sense to spend the millions of dollars for ads during the NFL's championship game."

Sounds like we are still 6+ months from seeing the Camaro and a year or more from it hitting dealer lots.
Not necessarily...there are four more Chevrolets to be revealed this year. I have a hard time believing GM will not have anything at New York. Chicago, maybe, since it's been pretty lame for years now.

Plus if the timeline I'm thinking is still correct, the two vehicles that are probably farthest out are E2XX Malibu and the new Spark. It would make sense to reveal both later in the year.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #129
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You're in a very very small percent that believe that.
I also think the NSX looks very good. It's a very cohesive design.. At least to me. The Ford GT looks STRIKING.. Just makes me go "WOW", but I don't think overall it's as beautiful.. If that makes any sense. Can't wait to see both come Saturday.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #130
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Not necessarily...there are four more Chevrolets to be revealed this year. I have a hard time believing GM will not have anything at New York. Chicago, maybe, since it's been pretty lame for years now.

Plus if the timeline I'm thinking is still correct, the two vehicles that are probably farthest out are E2XX Malibu and the new Spark. It would make sense to reveal both later in the year.
I would consider the Camaro reveal one of the main reveals. It may not sell as many as the Spark and Malibu but I have never heard anyone get excited to see a new Spark.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #131
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
GT looks like doo doo.

Acura NSX looks insane!
Agree! Well it's nice ! Just not as nice as the Nissan , which looks kinda like the Audi R8
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #132
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
the new Ford GT, not the mustang GT.
Yea, I had checked out it on YouTube ! Thanx!

The Ford GT....its not a Mustang. Its a true supercar.

Yea , I know what the Ford. GT is! Even though I would take the GT350 over it! Just didn't recognize it by just GT!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #133
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I would consider the Camaro reveal one of the main reveals. It may not sell as many as the Spark and Malibu but I have never heard anyone get excited to see a new Spark.
Hahaha.... Agree! Yea, four doors sell more But it makes sense because families are getting bigger , even than before! So most cannot get a two door anything!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:39 PM   #134
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Based on what?
This is most likely accurate as the 2016 Camaro will be produced in a new plant so there is no down time for re-tooling and the 2016 Camaro is 100% going to be the first year of the gen 6. The odds of a late production release are slim to none; could it happen, of course. It should be for sale at the end of the year, GM does not want a short production run for the first year because they want to sell as many as possible.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #135
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
This is most likely accurate as the 2016 Camaro will be produced in a new plant so there is no down time for re-tooling and the 2016 Camaro is 100% going to be the first year of the gen 6. The odds of a late production release are slim to none; could it happen, of course. It should be for sale at the end of the year, GM does not want a short production run for the first year because they want to sell as many as possible.
If they were going to have the car hit dealer lots before 2016, they would have to allow orders right after it was revealed.

GM said reveals will be the second half of 2015. The car won't be on lots until 2016. They must have some reason for holding the car back but I doubt we will ever know.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #136
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
The wording is up for interpretation. The article says it will be introduced in the second half of 2015. Introduced and revealed do not mean the same thing necessarily. Introduced can mean available for purchase.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #137
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
If they were going to have the car hit dealer lots before 2016, they would have to allow orders right after it was revealed.

GM said reveals will be the second half of 2015. The car won't be on lots until 2016. They must have some reason for holding the car back but I doubt we will ever know.
Ok have to jump in.

Just because they aren't telling us about the car now, oh impatient ones, in NO WAY means it's late or being held back. No one ever said Fall 2015. That is an archaic notion that all new cars launch in the Fall. I will bet you it is absolutely on time. Again go to web. Check the time from first spy shots on any car (not mules) and you have a year and a half. That says late this year. Not because anyone thinks it should be sooner, but because that is how long it takes to test, develop, and prepare for manufacturing.

NOT being held back. No evidence to suggest that at all. None, zip, zero, nada.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #138
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ok have to jump in.

Just because they aren't telling us about the car now, oh impatient ones, in NO WAY means it's late or being held back. No one ever said Fall 2015. That is an archaic notion that all new cars launch in the Fall. I will bet you it is absolutely on time. Again go to web. Check the time from first spy shots on any car (not mules) and you have a year and a half. That says late this year. Not because anyone thinks it should be sooner, but because that is how long it takes to test, develop, and prepare for manufacturing.

NOT being held back. No evidence to suggest that at all. None, zip, zero, nada.
The first spy shots I am aware of were from August last year. One and a half years from then would be February next year. My understanding is the next model year starts in the summer. That means the 2016 model year 6th gen may be very short. That's what I meant by held back, even if it was the incorrect wording.

5th gen was revealed in July 2008 and started production in February 2009 for the 2010 model year. Maybe there won't be a 2016 Camaro after all.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #139
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
The first spy shots I am aware of were from August last year. One and a half years from then would be February next year. My understanding is the next model year starts in the summer. That means the 2016 model year 6th gen may be very short. That's what I meant by held back, even if it was the incorrect wording.

5th gen was revealed in July 2008 and started production in February 2009 for the 2010 model year. Maybe there won't be a 2016 Camaro after all.
[deep sigh]

Technically, the "next model year" can start on January 2nd, so right now a manufacturer could introduce a 2016 model. Recent instances of such nonsense include the 2007 Camry, on sale in January '06, and, if you go back to January of '96, Ford was selling brand new freshly-built old-style '96 and new-style '97 F150s.

As for "maybe there won't be a 2016 Camaro after all": REALLY?!
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #140
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
[deep sigh]

Technically, the "next model year" can start on January 2nd, so right now a manufacturer could introduce a 2016 model. Recent instances of such nonsense include the 2007 Camry, on sale in January '06, and, if you go back to January of '96, Ford was selling brand new freshly-built old-style '96 and new-style '97 F150s.

As for "maybe there won't be a 2016 Camaro after all": REALLY?!
I don't mean no 6th generation. I meant they could start producing the cars as 2017 50 anniversary cars.

The examples you listed show it has happened with other cars. Also, the Corvette skipped a model year, if I recall correctly.