Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #127
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm not going to turn this into a personal thing because you do not deserve the attention. And that is clearly what you are after. You and your pal below. Plenty of people come on here ranting about track this and track that. If actual track stuff is what you want to discuss then you would be in the track section talking track stuff with real track people. When was the last time you were in that subforum? Yet you spend 90% of your time here. Just like others who claimed they were track pros. I at least have posts in the dragstrip section where my slips are posted. Do you? I'm seriously asking because I don't know. Not that it matters. I don't really care. Just sayin, if you were as hardcore dedicated to the track then you wouldn't be here as much as you are.

205 No. Definitely not.
OMG you do know there are other sections to the forum. Now go there and see how little you know.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #128
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
OMG you do know there are other sections to the forum. Now go there and see how little you know.
As I said before, I have no desire to see this forum turn to bickering like what happens on M6G. I'm not giving you the attention you seek any longer. I had fun. But now you and your buddies are getting a bit out of control. And I will not be part in your attempts to derail and disrupt things here. So I will not be replying to you anymore. I am sure you're a decent person in real life. And I am sure you think you know what you're talking about. But it is more than evident that you do not. And it is more than evident that you are not an engineer. Because if so then you would know better. So this is it. I am done with you. When you decide to stop trolling and stop seeking attention then maybe I'll have something to say to you.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #129
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Enough with the bickering. Trolls will be deleted. Stay on topic RESPECTFULLY.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #130
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
So based on Frod's website, optioning out a GT500 to match a ZLE in options gets the price up to $77K. That is the Base GT500 with the Tech Package added in. It does not include Recaros.

The ZLE comes out to $75K and that would include Nav and PDR.

The ZL1 comes out to $67K with Nave and PDR.

If I option out a 2LZ Z06 to ZL1 standard specs the price comes out to $87K and that would include Nav and PDR.

The GT500 with CF Package and Tech Package added in comes out to $95K.

A 2LZ Z06 with the Z07 package would be $100K.

As it is in testing the GT500 is just about equal to the ZL1 and Z06 in the quarter mile. Although the Z06 would probably beat the 500.

Around a track it can be assumed that the ZLE is superior to even the CF GT500. That being the case I would also assume that the Z06 is likewise superior. The Z06/Z07 would probably destroy the CF GT500. What I think remains to be seen is how the Base GT500 actually does around a track compared to the ZLE since that is the closest price match of these cars. Basically I think the quarter mile in testing will end in a driver's race with the Base and ZLE. However, around a track I do not think the Base 500 stands a chance. And I also do not think the CF GT500 stands a chance against the Z06/Z07 around a track or in the quarter mile. I think when matched with a car that costs the same and when tested, the CF500 would lose at everything. I think when matched price by price to any of the GM competition the Sheblys will lose at everything when tested.
It is definitley looking that way for the CFTP. Disappointing for sure.

I think the base car is going to end up lap time wise(if we ever see one) between the ZL1 and ZLE. This is cowboy science or ricer math if you want to call it that lol. It seems that the base 500 is closer to the CFTP than the ZL1 is to the ZLE is. So I think the base 500 probably split the difference between a ZL1 and ZLE which would put it ahead of the ZL1 but still behind the ZLE

And just for the record Z06/Z07 > the other cars being discussed lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #131
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
At the good hobbyist skill level, on a clear track, then I would expect to see laps not vary more than 5 seconds in a session. With traffic, all bets are off. Take the Ring times. You may have a really crowded course and have to wait to make passes. It is just another German toll road, in many respects.

For what we see with pro drivers and empty tracks, then you should see pretty consistent times.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #132
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Posts have been edited or deleted for not following guidelines. If I see more, from the same people, they will be kicked.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #133
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It is definitley looking that way for the CFTP. Disappointing for sure.

I think the base car is going to end up lap time wise(if we ever see one) between the ZL1 and ZLE. This is cowboy science or ricer math if you want to call it that lol. It seems that the base 500 is closer to the CFTP than the ZL1 is to the ZLE is. So I think the base 500 probably split the difference between a ZL1 and ZLE which would put it ahead of the ZL1 but still behind the ZLE

And just for the record Z06/Z07 > the other cars being discussed lol
I put the Z06/Z07 in the discussion because it is a 2 seater and priced similar to the CF 500. I do not think in testing that the CF 500 will beat the Z07/Z07 in anything.

The Base 500 might be good but I do not think it is good enough to beat the ZL1. That is unless they are on a track that favors the 500. If it was then I believe we would have seen a test with them. If it does then it would need to be questioned if the 500 overheats or if it is sustainable for more than one lap. As of right now the 500 has proven to be extremely inconsistent and I would say even unreliable. The ZL1 is a very consistent performer. So if the 500 does manage a win, is it just for one lap with the ZL1 winning every lap afterwards? Again, I do not think the 500 can win at all but we will see.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #134
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
We will just have to wait and see
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #135
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I put the Z06/Z07 in the discussion because it is a 2 seater and priced similar to the CF 500. I do not think in testing that the CF 500 will beat the Z07/Z07 in anything.

The Base 500 might be good but I do not think it is good enough to beat the ZL1. That is unless they are on a track that favors the 500. If it was then I believe we would have seen a test with them. If it does then it would need to be questioned if the 500 overheats or if it is sustainable for more than one lap. As of right now the 500 has proven to be extremely inconsistent and I would say even unreliable. The ZL1 is a very consistent performer. So if the 500 does manage a win, is it just for one lap with the ZL1 winning every lap afterwards? Again, I do not think the 500 can win at all but we will see.

Funny how people ignore the fact that the cftp is a 2 seater when trying to protect it from the zr1 or z06. Edmunds must have forgot as well when the declared it most practical vs the zle and RE.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #136
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Funny how people ignore the fact that the cftp is a 2 seater when trying to protect it from the zr1 or z06. Edmunds must have forgot as well when the declared it most practical vs the zle and RE.
^This, I've never really liked Edmunds and lazy video/comparisons this doesn't help for me anyway. Also, they forget the GT350R has CF wheels when they are talking about that? Basic stuff people.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #137
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:

I don't bother with MSRP or pricing discussions for either version of the GT500. Most of them, especially the CFTP GT500s won't be had at MSRP. It's too much of a guess until they start hitting dealers, but they look to be high already with the usual Ford BS going on.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #138
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
We will just have to wait and see
One thing that I'll say again that deserves recognition is that in this pairing the B5 (Base GT500) has every advantage over the ZL1. Of note is that the B5 is closer in price to the ZLE and that is when you add in the PDR and Nav on the ZLE. When you think about it, that price difference between the ZL1 and ZLE comes with a substantial increase in performance. So from how I see it, the 500 is really getting not just an advantage but a heavy advantage.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see the ZL1 in action. But it should not go without mention that in all of these scenarios the Camaro has not once been on equal footing. Even up against Dodge. And so far the ZL1 and C8 have not come in last in anything when Dodge, Ford, and Chevy are all on the same track. They have managed to beat both the B/CF GT500 and HC/RE at what each of those cars were supposed to be built for.

Imagine if for just once, just once, GM had the advantage in just one area. LOL! It wouldn't even be a race. It would be a slaughter. Now imagine if GM had every advantage like the CF5 has enjoyed. ZR1. Would the 500 be able to win at anything in that matchup?
Quote:
Yea there is nothing practical about any of these cars. Even worse one that comes with only 2 seats. I travel out of the country on vacation a lot. Usually 6-8 times a year. If I had to pick only one of these cars that I had to use as a DD then without any question it would be my HC because I can fit a 40 inch duffle bag and a suitcase in the trunk easily. Inside the car I can fit 4 adult sized Humans comfortably. I can fit a ton of groceries, laundry baskets, etc in the car without having to strategically arrange stuff. That is what I consider to be practicality. Even if the 500 was practical, it is not more practical than the HC. So I am not sure what they were thinking.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #139
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
They also forget these are the track cars. They say ford left out the aggressive track suspension for better ride. But if you want a true track car, you need to sacrifice something. If you want a better ride or more practical car, then get the base gt500 or zl1. Few of these cars ar3 built, so why are they not truly built for the track? IMHO if the 1le does beat the CFTP, even tho it rides better on the roads is a fail. Why make a limited amount of Carbo Fiber Track Package if it can’t beat the 3 year old 1le?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:48 PM   #140
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
They also forget these are the track cars. They say ford left out the aggressive track suspension for better ride. But if you want a true track car, you need to sacrifice something. If you want a better ride or more practical car, then get the base gt500 or zl1. Few of these cars ar3 built, so why are they not truly built for the track? IMHO if the 1le does beat the CFTP, even tho it rides better on the roads is a fail. Why make a limited amount of Carbo Fiber Track Package if it can’t beat the 3 year old 1le?
Exactly
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote