Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
Arman

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Service stabilitrak problem.

Hello again forum, I posted about a week ago, thought the problem was fixed, but it came back.

Ill try to make this short.
2 weeks ago, installed a new CAI filter
1 week ago, at startup. Car ran rough and underpowered. Service stabilitrak came on.
Cleaned MAF, did fuse pull 5 and 20 since I thought it was running lean.
After that car ran good and strong for about 5 days.
This morning as I turned the car on, started fine, but car exhaust sounded weaker.
10 minutes into my commute, service stabilitrak came on with CEL and went underpowered again.
Last week when I looked at codes it was P0308 which was cylinder 8 misfire. I am at work right now so I don't have my code reader and can't check.

People are talking about the battery. The battery is about 3 years old and its the original. Granted I keep it on a tender if I'm not driving for over 2 days. But the battery will stay at 14.8 to 15.1 volts. So I'm assuming its losing its charge.

I have checked the wires to the cylinder and everything looks correct.

Let me know if anyone needs pics of anything, I can get that. I just want to fix this.

What boggles my brain is that this morning it came on in the middle of my commute while I was doing 65 on the highway.

Thank you in advance.
Arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
mmaattppllaayy

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS
Wheel speed sensor or bad plug/coil/wire on #8. Go to autozone and rent the expensive scan tool that checks abs codes and see what the stabilitrak code is. It's around $250 to rent the tool but get it back when your done.
mmaattppllaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Very handy tool to have .......INNOVA 3160
Old 03-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
Stabiltrak

Change the coil pack. In that cylinder. And check the connection on injectors. I have chased the same problem and that was the fix
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tje66 View Post
Change the coil pack. In that cylinder. And check the connection on injectors. I have chased the same problem and that was the fix
That's what I will do tomorrow. I will keep yall updated.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Arman

So the problem went away when I went to dealership, so they could not diagnose it. I guess the moment it comes back ill have to take it.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #7
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arman View Post
So the problem went away when I went to dealership, so they could not diagnose it. I guess the moment it comes back ill have to take it.
Thats always the way it goes lol.
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, cel, ls3, stabilitrack