Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2015, 10:37 AM   #15
Wacko37

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2007 2500HD D-Max
all I did for this last weekend man was have the fluid flushed with a good dot 4 fluid ($15-fluid $85-flush) and get my alignment done ($175 for lifetime alignment) and the car was fun as hell all day. the only additional thing is check tire pressure before you go and while your there.

2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust w/2" primaries, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, JRI Coilovers built by Ult_Performance w/hypercoils, BMR sway, BMR trailing arms, UMI toe links, solid sub-frame bushings, upper control arm bushings, radius inserts, caster locks, Taylor wires, BTR spec'd cam, tuned by ECS, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, Apex 19x11 w/RE-71r's 305/30/19, eaton tru-trac

2007 2500HD Duramax, Built trans, custom tuned beast
Wacko37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:53 AM   #16
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Was thinking about removing the plastic engine cover, I do have factory hood vents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #17
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
You can remove the cover but I'd keep it in your trunk and let some one wath it while your on track. Because it could suck if you catch rain on your way home or something. But I think it should be ok

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #18
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacko37 View Post
all I did for this last weekend man was have the fluid flushed with a good dot 4 fluid ($15-fluid $85-flush) and get my alignment done ($175 for lifetime alignment) and the car was fun as hell all day. the only additional thing is check tire pressure before you go and while your there.
Perhaps fortunately, NJMP/Lightning isn't a very brake-intensive course. Really just T1 (end of main straight) and T7 (just past the bridge) are the only places where you have to drop a lot of mph, and they're considerately (from your brakes' point of view) located about half a lap apart.

Just a tip, try to get a little closer to the inside curb in T5 (the one with the hill you can't see over), without turning in much earlier.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #19
Wacko37

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2007 2500HD D-Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Perhaps fortunately, NJMP/Lightning isn't a very brake-intensive course. Really just T1 (end of main straight) and T7 (just past the bridge) are the only places where you have to drop a lot of mph, and they're considerately (from your brakes' point of view) located about half a lap apart.

Just a tip, try to get a little closer to the inside curb in T5 (the one with the hill you can't see over), without turning in much earlier.

Norm
I started to get a lot closer towards the end but in my defense it was my first time ever on a track. Thanks for the tip though, my instructor was telling me the same thing. I also quickly found out that if im going to do this more than twice a year seats are damn near a must. almost all day I was having to hold myself in place lol.
2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust w/2" primaries, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, JRI Coilovers built by Ult_Performance w/hypercoils, BMR sway, BMR trailing arms, UMI toe links, solid sub-frame bushings, upper control arm bushings, radius inserts, caster locks, Taylor wires, BTR spec'd cam, tuned by ECS, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, Apex 19x11 w/RE-71r's 305/30/19, eaton tru-trac

2007 2500HD Duramax, Built trans, custom tuned beast
Wacko37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:01 PM   #20
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I have leather seats in my car as well, so I know what you mean. Because I'm inclined to make do with stuff I already have on hand, I put together a pair of supplementary lap belts that do not slacken. One for me, one for anybody sitting right seat. There is also something called a CGLock or some such, that stops the OE belt from allowing slack, but I've never used one.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #21
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Everything said about and this...

You'll fry you V6 OEM brakes....Ask me how I know. lol
+1 you don't even need to track your v6 brakes to fry them lol
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote