Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2023, 10:32 PM   #1
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Questions as I sit waiting for my car

As I sit twiddling my thumbs waiting for my Camaro to be delivered hopefully any day now (see my sig), I’ve come up with a few questions (some are manual transmission specific):

1. Is there a shift light in the heads up display?
2. Do you get line locks with the M6?
3. Since the rear diff is a hydraulic locking posi, is there a way to fully lock the diff manually like a 4 wheel drive vehicle if you’re stuck in snow (yes I’ll drive it in winter and yes I’ll have excellent snow tires)?
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:59 PM   #2
pitrott1
OSCM(SW) USN Ret.

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS-1LE VOM 6M
M6 in the hug show your gear and will change color to amber when rev match is on then back to white non rev match.
Yes, the M6 has launch control.
Limited-Slip Differential
The Electronic Limited-Slip Differential (eLSD)
is a hydraulically actuated clutch system.
It can infinitely vary the clutch engagement
between 0 and 2000 Y (1475 lb ft) of
breakaway torque between the rear wheels.
It responds to full engagement within
0.150 seconds when necessary. Smaller
clutch adjustments happen even faste
3300 5/1/23
3800 5/4/23
4200 6/1/23
6000 6/6/23
pitrott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #3
jp6

Drives: '22 2SS Camaro Convertible 6MT NPP
Congrats on the camaro. You'll have a great time

Quote:
1. Is there a shift light in the heads up display?
No, not in the sense of a flashing light like you get with JDM cars. Previous replier is referring to an indicator on the dash which says which gear you're in. The numbered gear you're in shows up in orange with rev match on, and white with rev match off.

Quote:
2. Do you get line locks with the M6?
Not in SS trims. ZL1s supposedly have one, but I've never been in one.

Quote:
3. Since the rear diff is a hydraulic locking posi, is there a way to fully lock the diff manually like a 4 wheel drive vehicle if you’re stuck in snow (yes I’ll drive it in winter and yes I’ll have excellent snow tires)?
No explicit diff controls like you get in a truck/jeep/etc. Not sure what the previous replier is talking about but the only thing you can control are your tour/sport/track/snow-ice mode. The computer I'm sure will play with the diff for you but you don't control it directly.

03/04/2022 | Spotted in-transit 2SS Vert 6MT NPP on Chevy website
03/30/2022 | Took delivery from dealer
jp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:04 AM   #4
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp6 View Post
Congrats on the camaro. You'll have a great time

No, not in the sense of a flashing light like you get with JDM cars. Previous replier is referring to an indicator on the dash which says which gear you're in. The numbered gear you're in shows up in orange with rev match on, and white with rev match off.

Not in SS trims. ZL1s supposedly have one, but I've never been in one.

No explicit diff controls like you get in a truck/jeep/etc. Not sure what the previous replier is talking about but the only thing you can control are your tour/sport/track/snow-ice mode. The computer I'm sure will play with the diff for you but you don't control it directly.
Cool thank you!
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 06:53 AM   #5
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
It may be exclusive to the 1LE but my HUD gives me a Christmas tree green, then yellow then red as I approach the redline.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
It may be exclusive to the 1LE but my HUD gives me a Christmas tree green, then yellow then red as I approach the redline.
This^^^ and pretty sure it's all manuals.

Heads up display gives you a shift light but not as good as one that lights up bright.

There are a couple of different HUD displays and one shows RPM that climbs to red and flashes right before redline.
Old 09-04-2023, 12:27 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
OP, unfortunately the answer to all your questions is "no", mostly because GM decided to screw standard SS owners over.

HUD shift lights (green > yellow > red > flashing red rhombuses closing together from left/right of the display) are exclusive to the 1LE and the ZL1; line lock is exclusive to the automatic SS and the ZL1 (in earlier model years like mine, it was purely ZL1 only); and the electronic diff that you have some control over is again only available with the 1LE and the ZL1.

With all that said, you'll get an absolutely amazing car. It's almost a miracle that somehow a team of engineers was allowed by this company to create a true American masterpiece and get away with desigining an amazing (BMW-inspired) chassis and suspension, then pairing it with the best manual transmission Tremec had to offer and a very robust, low end torque rich V8 engine, resulting in a car that will give you great many hours of pure enjoyment.

Also, you can still upgrade a ton of powertrain elements, plus exterior and interior bits, later, so if you want more, you'll be able to take this platform very far, or just enjoy it in stock form, whichever you prefer.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 01:20 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
+1 on everything arpad_m said and OP your limited slip diff will transition power to the tire that has the greatest grip. So in snow it will transfer power back and forth to the rear wheels.
So basically you'll be counter steering a bit back and forth in serious snow as each tire grabs and then lets go. But with adequate tires they will cover surprisingly slippery, deep snow as long as you stay out of that "low end torque"!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 06:25 PM   #9
BSRacing

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
OP, unfortunately the answer to all your questions is "no", mostly because GM decided to screw standard SS owners over.

HUD shift lights (green > yellow > red > flashing red rhombuses closing together from left/right of the display) are exclusive to the 1LE and the ZL1; line lock is exclusive to the automatic SS and the ZL1 (in earlier model years like mine, it was purely ZL1 only); and the electronic diff that you have some control over is again only available with the 1LE and the ZL1.

With all that said, you'll get an absolutely amazing car. It's almost a miracle that somehow a team of engineers was allowed by this company to create a true American masterpiece and get away with desigining an amazing (BMW-inspired) chassis and suspension, then pairing it with the best manual transmission Tremec had to offer and a very robust, low end torque rich V8 engine, resulting in a car that will give you great many hours of pure enjoyment.

Also, you can still upgrade a ton of powertrain elements, plus exterior and interior bits, later, so if you want more, you'll be able to take this platform very far, or just enjoy it in stock form, whichever you prefer.
This is the first time this all made sense. Thank you!! I never understood why my 2021 SS M6 didn't have the line lock or shift lights, but my 2023 SS 1LE (M6) now has the lights, but still no line lock. I wish the manual explained it in more detail instead of a simple "if equipped" that helps no one.
BSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 06:26 AM   #10
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post

I didn't know until reading your post arpad_m that all HUDs in the Camaro are not the same. I've just assumed that they are. My C6 had a HUD and I assumed it operated the same way in all C6 Corvettes too. I do like the shift lights in the HUD display on my 1LE. They certainly help prepare you to shift.

Chevy did a great job with the 1LE package. There are so many features included that it truly is one of the best bangs for the buck available on a performance car.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 05:44 PM   #11
Juscar8ts

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE
How do you find out the production codes? I contacted Chevy.com and they confirmed my order went through production last week, and is currently “In transit”. Which I know doesn’t technically mean it’s in transit to the dealership. This was a change from the previous week, when they told me my TPW was Aug 28th. But getting any info from my dealer is like pulling teeth! I see 2024’s are now showing up in dealerships, so hopefully it won’t take long to be delivered.
Juscar8ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 05:56 PM   #12
scottbeyer18

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE Radiant Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juscar8ts View Post
How do you find out the production codes? I contacted Chevy.com and they confirmed my order went through production last week, and is currently “In transit”. Which I know doesn’t technically mean it’s in transit to the dealership. This was a change from the previous week, when they told me my TPW was Aug 28th. But getting any info from my dealer is like pulling teeth! I see 2024’s are now showing up in dealerships, so hopefully it won’t take long to be delivered.
Only way to get that information is the dealer. As far as shipping it really seems like a crapshoot. My order was produced the week of August 14th. And I finally just got an eta today and the eta is saying September 23rd most orders I’ve seen are taking about a month to a month and a half from built to delivered to dealer.
2024 2SS 1LE Radiant Red - 8/15 - 3800
2024 2SS 1LE Radiant Red - 10/11 - 5000
2024 2SS 1LE Radiant Red - 10/14 - 6000
scottbeyer18 is offline   Reply With Quote