Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #29
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Having both is absolutely amazing. Depending on my mood and where I'm going (and weather) helps dictate which of the 3 I'll drive
That's the way to go Mario...and with our Houston weather, you can drive either of them all year. Any of them your favorite or "go to" vehicle?
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #30
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljc View Post
That's the way to go Mario...and with our Houston weather, you can drive either of them all year. Any of them your favorite or "go to" vehicle?
True sir (on the weather part). My favorite is the Z06 tbh bc it turns aot of heads but has headers and exhaust. The next in line is the Zl1 obviously lol. My ctsv and f150 are pretty much a toss up and both are boring. I'm going to sell both of those and buy a used trackhawk hopefully soon.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #31
Joegovette

Drives: 2018 Camaro Vert Redline Edition
I am lucky enought to own both cars as well. The Camaro is a whole lot of fun. The Recaro seats are more comfy than the seats in my Corvette, but I ordered the vette to my specs and picked it up at the museum so it is my baby.

Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #32
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joegovette View Post
I am lucky enought to own both cars as well. The Camaro is a whole lot of fun. The Recaro seats are more comfy than the seats in my Corvette, but I ordered the vette to my specs and picked it up at the museum so it is my baby.

Beautiful Cars!!!! I would love to have a Vette but for where i live and wife with her back seat for daughter its impossible. More power to you all who have both. Wish one day i can get there and be more successful...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #33
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I was approximately 10 years old when the C5 Corvette debuted, and I instantly fell in love with it! I loved it so much that I started reading books about Corvette history, and I became a young enthusiast of all Corvette generations. In my early 20's I owned a 2001 Corvette coupe but sold it because it wasn't practical for me to own at that time. Fast forward to today, however, and I actually like Camaros more than Corvettes, which is something I never thought I would say!
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #34
ljc

Nice pic Joe. You guys are making me want to toss my idea of obtaining a Honda CBR1000RR out the window.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:34 AM   #35
Joegovette

Drives: 2018 Camaro Vert Redline Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljc View Post
Nice pic Joe. You guys are making me want to toss my idea of obtaining a Honda CBR1000RR out the window.
Thanks, my bike days are over. I got rid of my 2017 Suzuki GSX S1000F ABS and 16 Scat Pack Challenger to pick up the Camaro. The bike only had 400 miles on it .
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #36
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joegovette View Post
Thanks, my bike days are over. I got rid of my 2017 Suzuki GSX S1000F ABS and 16 Scat Pack Challenger to pick up the Camaro. The bike only had 400 miles on it .
I'm just not into bikes at all. I rather have 2 or 3 badass cars then a car and a bike.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #37
ljc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I'm just not into bikes at all. I rather have 2 or 3 badass cars then a car and a bike.
I understand...the cars were to keep me away from the dangers of a bike.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #38
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

The low close to the ground driving position of the Corvette is amazing beside its lightweight feeling, amazing jet style cockpit interior and its exterior an amazing mix between an exotic sport car or the batmobile, a beautifull design that turns many heads with thumbs up, a home run design by GM.
The Camaro a very practical muscle car with an easier and practical seating position. It's very common to see a Camaro on the street (except the ZL1 or 1LE models), the only thing that they share is the engine and automatic transmissions, very different cars, for different customers.

Camaros have better cooling designs for their powertrains, a newer and better developed chassis compared to the older designed C7s chassis, and the Camaros still are the best sport car for the money.

The only car that I dared to replace my loved 5th gen Camaro ZL1 was the Corvette C7 design, I wasn't attracted to the Shelby GT350 even after the test drive or after comparing the exterior and interior of my ZL1 to the newer 6th gen SS design. But I have to admit that the 6th gen Camaro is a great performer on the track. And probably based on track's performance, a Camaro SS 1LE would be very similar to a Stingray Z51, it would be a driver's race.
Maybe my future car would be a 6th. gen ZL1
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 11-24-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote