Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #183
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Take it beyond to the next level. I'm thinking something that looks like NASA might have designed it; pure form and function...
You might not be too far off. I'm certain GM has used NASA as inspiration in the past.

LOL All in fun.....

Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #184
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Here are 3 variations. View A is trying out side vents and side markers. Views B and C are similar except in view B I'm trying out an idea for a stylized front side marker light, but the back is not quite as stylized. View C experiments with side marker lights and I clipped the top of the rear wheel well to create the visual impression of the line extending from the side vents, even though there's no actual line there. I also gave slightly more definition to the line around the rear vents in view C compared to view B, and view C has the CAMARO letters in black instead of chrome.

Right now view C is my favorite. That car would look good in white, silver, red, yellow, metallic grey, a frosty metallic champagne blue, butterscotch orange, and an SR71 style black.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept8b5.jpg
Views: 1926
Size:  247.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #185
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Been lurking for a while on this thread. Doc, great work. I really like the rendering just above (B) with the non traditional side markers.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #186
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
Been lurking for a while on this thread. Doc, great work. I really like the rendering just above (B) with the non traditional side markers.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you! That idea popped into my head when I was thinking of strobe lights. I don't recall seeing anything like this before so I thought I'd give it a try. I've taken it a bit further with these two renders; view C having a modified front version that's shaped to look like the lines flow from the front grill, moved back and with more space between the orange bars.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept8b6.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  148.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #187
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
These renderings kinda remind me of a car from the 80s

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #188
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
These renderings kinda remind me of a car from the 80s
lol... which one is that?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #189
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Thank you! That idea popped into my head when I was thinking of strobe lights. I don't recall seeing anything like this before so I thought I'd give it a try. I've taken it a bit further with these two renders; view C having a modified front version that's shaped to look like the lines flow from the front grill, moved back and with more space between the orange bars.
Attachment 547930
Now we are cooking with peanut oil! I like B, looks great. I was working on with paint and made the vents a little bigger, kind of rough but you get the idea. I do however like it smaller also. Your marker lights look sharp, very unique.
Attached Images

Last edited by ssrs396; 08-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #190
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
I see a lot of NSX influence in your designs. That's nothing to be ashamed of though. These cars were first built in the 90's and still turn heads.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #191
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
I see a lot of NSX influence in your designs. That's nothing to be ashamed of though. These cars were first built in the 90's and still turn heads.

I agree, it is a very clean design and yet still holds up to this day. Here is a little change on the holden coupe.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #192
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If you look at the curvature of the side and the shape of the wheel well openings then look at the picture of the 4th gen I posted, you should see a resembelance. Not including the roof and side windows.
Ah, okay. I see what you mean.

Quote:
In view A I put a fairly hefty fender flare over the rear wheel (is that enough of a "hip"?)
No, no. Like this:
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #193
ALLTRBO

I've been working on some fairly drastic changes to the above render, I hope you won't mind. I'm not done though. I intended to do the 'hip' only, but it quickly snowballed, so I figured I'd just show one with the hip only while it's still relevant.

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 08-19-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #194
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Now we are cooking with peanut oil! I like B, looks great. I was working on with paint and made the vents a little bigger, kind of rough but you get the idea. I do however like it smaller also. Your marker lights look sharp, very unique.
Wow you REALLY want to carve into the side! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Yeah there is a slight bit of that in the fender line. That type of fender line shows in more than a few cars; one of my favorites is the Ferrari F50.
Name:  1995-Ferrari-F50-Show-Car-1.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  102.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Ah, okay. I see what you mean.

No, no. Like this:
Okay so you prefer the more discreet fender flare. I'll bring that one back and do a front version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I've been working on some fairly drastic changes to the above render, I hope you won't mind. I'm not done though. I intended to do the 'hip' only, but it quickly snowballed, so I figured I'd just show one with the hip only while it's still relevant.
Feel free to post your suggestions. And thank you for caring and making the effort!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #195
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
This one is for you...raising the side detail that high really eats up the side of the car lol...I don't know... what do you think? I also made the fog lights white which it looked like you preferred. I stuck with my strobe side marker light idea to see if it works with your idea. The 3 light segments compliment the 3 side vents. I'm still not sold on fender flares; so far I like the idea of going with a clean pure side without even a fender lip because EVERYBODY else is doing fender flare bulges. You can't differentiate yourself from the competition unless you do something different than what they're doing.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept8b6a.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  60.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #196
ALLTRBO

Quote:
Okay so you prefer the more discreet fender flare. I'll bring that one back and do a front version.

Feel free to post your suggestions. And thank you for caring and making the effort!
While I did calm the flare some, that isn't what I meant. However, a matching front is desperately needed.
This might better illustrate what I'm talking about. It's still subtle and flows smoothly with the rest, but gives it a more aggressive stance:
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation