Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #141
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
It's really not annoying if you shift out of first at above 15 mph all the time, but when it engages I think it's kinda annoying. In the past I've driven 4th gen F-bodies and it kind of takes you by surprise if you're not expecting it. I don't own a Camaro right now but in the car I drive now I know there are times when I will shift into 2nd when I'm below 15 mph.

Really, if you think about it, GM designed this function for us, the customers. It helps get us our performance and keep the price down by helping get enough extra MPG out of federal testing to keep it out of the GGT. Besides, it is very easily and cheaply defeated with that modification, and you'll no longer feel like the tree huggers forced GM's hand .

So I'm not really upset about it, nor should anyone here be. It's not that big of a deal. Either drive over 15 mph in 1st before you shift or install that mod.

Buy that connector (if I recall it's simply a resistor that tricks the skip shift circuit into thinking the car is always above 15 mph), install it, and never have to worry about it again.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #142
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
It's really not annoying if you shift out of first at above 15 mph all the time, but when it engages I think it's kinda annoying. In the past I've driven 4th gen F-bodies and it kind of takes you by surprise if you're not expecting it. I don't own a Camaro right now but in the car I drive now I know there are times when I will shift into 2nd when I'm below 15 mph.

Really, if you think about it, GM designed this function for us, the customers. It helps get us our performance and keep the price down by helping get enough extra MPG out of federal testing to keep it out of the GGT. Besides, it is very easily and cheaply defeated with that modification, and you'll no longer feel like the tree huggers forced GM's hand .

So I'm not really upset about it, nor should anyone here be. It's not that big of a deal. Either drive over 15 mph in 1st before you shift or install that mod.

Buy that connector (if I recall it's simply a resistor that tricks the skip shift circuit into thinking the car is always above 15 mph), install it, and never have to worry about it again.
Yeah I never see it. 1st is so tall I never shift before 3K rpm just to keep up with traffic.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #143
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
Thats a beautiful picture you have.i remember my childhood and how me and my little brother worshipped our dad's trans am
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote