Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Pwiegand

Drives: 2018 ZL1 in sweet hyper blue
ZL1 tire replacement in Bowling Green

I could use a good recommendation on a reliable shop in Bowling Green to swap out tires. Situation: I'm planning to attend CamaroFest in Bowling Green this year and looking forward to the track day and drag strip. I'm planning to meet up with my son afterward and do some driving around KY for several days. I've got 5500 on the stock tires including a little track time at VIR near me and I'm afraid that there won't be much tire left when CamaroFest ends. I'm thinking of planning ahead to have them changed up there. Any advice most appreciated.
Pwiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
CT ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwiegand View Post
I could use a good recommendation on a reliable shop in Bowling Green to swap out tires. Situation: I'm planning to attend CamaroFest in Bowling Green this year and looking forward to the track day and drag strip. I'm planning to meet up with my son afterward and do some driving around KY for several days. I've got 5500 on the stock tires including a little track time at VIR near me and I'm afraid that there won't be much tire left when CamaroFest ends. I'm thinking of planning ahead to have them changed up there. Any advice most appreciated.
I would change them either before u go or when u get back. Why deal with looking for a new tire place when your on vacation or spending time with your son.
Thats what I would do

Past Rides
13 Porsche 911 4S
17 BMW M4
16 Shelby GT 350
07 Saleen Mustang
02 M3 Comp Pack
79 Corvette
CT ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:41 AM   #3
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT ZL1 View Post
I would change them either before u go or when u get back. Why deal with looking for a new tire place when your on vacation or spending time with your son.
Thats what I would do
Plus 100 miles of wearing in the new tires.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
On the way home if they will make it.. tear the old ones up at the track events then put new ones on the way home or when you get home..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
BG isn’t small, there are a ton of places. I had to replace a trailer tire last year while at NCM, and used the local Discount Tire store. Great service and people (like my experience at all discount tire stores I’ve ever used). If I needed tires swapped, I’d go there.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
thompstl1

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwiegand View Post
There is a Discount Tire in Bowling Green that is rated well. Overall, I've had pretty good success with Discount Tire, although not specifically the Bowling Green one.

Wherever you choose, I would call ahead and be sure the tires were available. Tires for our cars aren't always in stock.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
KYVOM1LE

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
If you are really serious about this I know a couple good places you could use ( I am a local). The key will be deciding on what day you want to make the change, and reserving the time. If you want to proceed, let me know (send PM) & I can get you hooked up...Tks
KYVOM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
Pwiegand

Drives: 2018 ZL1 in sweet hyper blue
Thanks for all the replies. With probably 6-8000 miles on these tires before CamaroFest and road course and drag events, I'm pretty sure the GYs will be showing some cord by the end of it all. I've got maybe 1000 mile road trip afterward around KY, then to MI and back home to NC and don't want to get stuck in that situation because I know replacement tires for the ZL1 won't be a stock item. Planning ahead seems logical.

13DuskKY - thanks, I'll send you a PM.
Pwiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #9
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
There is a Chevrolet Dealership in Bowling Green. They did a good job turning my rotors after I had warped them on NCM. I think they could handle mounting / un-mounting a set of tires.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote