Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #127
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Looking forward to the answer. Car is having to go in again to the dealership, shudder reappeared. :( This time they will need to replace the converter. (50th Anniversary)
Old 04-18-2018, 10:08 AM   #128
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I feel like the delayed response is our punishment for using Ask Al for something other than Camaro propaganda.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
Old 04-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #129
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I feel like the delayed response is our punishment for using Ask Al for something other than Camaro propaganda.
Someone said it nicely earlier the issue is the slip % tables are all over the place. Along with this very invasive torque management system. Oh and for those that keep thinking it's the change from 8 to 4 cylinder mode your wrong. Because it's not just affecting your perfect V8s it's present in the I4 and V6 A8s as well.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
That's not fair...and unlikely to help the situation.

Among other things...there was a big product release, recently, if you hadn't noticed. I'm certain many of the people involved with this Ask Al program were preoccupied.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #131
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Someone said it nicely earlier the issue is the slip % tables are all over the place. Along with this very invasive torque management system. Oh and for those that keep thinking it's the change from 8 to 4 cylinder mode your wrong. Because it's not just affecting your perfect V8s it's present in the I4 and V6 A8s as well.
I know I've tried to keep that fact in everyone's mind. AFM is simply highlighting the issue, not the cause. But some people just look for any excuse to blame/hate the technology.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #132
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I know I've tried to keep that fact in everyone's mind. AFM is simply highlighting the issue, not the cause. But some people just look for any excuse to blame/hate the technology.
That's the world we live in. Everyone's looking for someone or something to blame without actually using the common sense process before coming to a conclusion.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #133
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's not fair...and unlikely to help the situation.

Among other things...there was a big product release, recently, if you hadn't noticed. I'm certain many of the people involved with this Ask Al program were preoccupied.
I think it's fair. I'd be surprised if a question about a feature they'd like to advertise would be given the same priority as a question about a problem they'd rather people not talk about.

I know they're busy, but surely they could spare a few minutes to respond. I can't imagine the CBS This Morning debut of a car that was mostly designed years ago has them all completely swamped at the moment.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #134
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
You cant really complain when they do this out of the goodness of their hearts rather than it being in their job description... They aren't required to answer any of the questions we've asked.

More technical question + major Camaro events = longer response time. Simple.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #135
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
You cant really complain when they do this out of the goodness of their hearts rather than it being in their job description... They aren't required to answer any of the questions we've asked.
I completely understand that, but at the same time a lot of people spent hard-earned money on their product and are having issues. There is no legal obligation to respond to questions on this forum, but it's probably the right thing to do especially when dealerships are struggling to address the issue.

I know where I work we do our best to take care of existing customers, especially when a customer is experiencing an issue. Potential customers come second to current customers.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #136
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
I completely understand that, but at the same time a lot of people spent hard-earned money on their product and are having issues. There is no legal obligation to respond to questions on this forum, but it's probably the right thing to do especially when dealerships are struggling to address the issue.

I know where I work we do our best to take care of existing customers, especially when a customer is experiencing an issue. Potential customers come second to current customers.
And they are going to answer it. But accusing them of taking longer because they don't want to answer it isn't fair.

They just answered the ZL1 bogging issue question in 2 weeks, the fastest turnaround since Ask Al started. Even the strut tower brace question took 3.5 weeks to answer. The NLS question took 5 weeks. If they were the kind of team to punish people for asking, wouldn't ZL1 bogging have taken much longer?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #137
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

More technical question + major Camaro events = longer response time. Simple.
Exactly. A little patience is a small price to pay to get an answer, considering they didn't have to answer it in the first, place.

Though I do understand the eager anticipation of a response, and the little bit of impatience that may form...In a situation like this, it never pays off to bite the hand that feeds you...
Old 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #138
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Think we need to stop whining and be patient. I wanna hear the answer just as bad as the next person. However given recent fallout after the refresh reveal being done so poorly and opinions aside Al was basically told to jump off a bridge on social media when we should be telling john mack that only... honestly he deserves better then the shit talking that was all placed on him for the refresh. Now your whining about him taking his time? I hope he comes to camarofest 8 so we can show our support and thank him for what he does but after that immature BS that went down i wouldn't blame him for cancelling appearances or segments. I'm sure most of us didn't partake in what went down but we know there were a few.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #139
travislambert

Quote:
And they are going to answer it. But accusing them of taking longer because they don't want to answer it isn't fair.

They just answered the ZL1 bogging issue question in 2 weeks, the fastest turnaround since Ask Al started. Even the strut tower brace question took 3.5 weeks to answer. The NLS question took 5 weeks. If they were the kind of team to punish people for asking, wouldn't ZL1 bogging have taken much longer?
Saying it took 2 weeks for a response to the bogging question is perhaps oversimplifying the situation. I worked for over 6 months to get an answer. Obviously I didn't do it alone and I'm grateful for the help that eventually led to a response, but if I'm being perfectly honest, the response still didn't address the issue. It's not like we're seeing a bunch of 6th Gen M6 ZL1s running their advertised 1/4 mile times all of a sudden. But, I still appreciate the response. I'll take an unfavorable response over no response at all.

I'll concede that my original comment was maybe a little unfair. I do hope that we can get to a point where questions are being answered at a pace closer to the Ask Tadge forum. It's tough to stay motivated to post new questions when the responses take so long to get.

Let's move on.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 04-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #140
Tlbrewer

Drives: Garnet Red 2016 1 SS
2016 1SS

Great info on here. I just got my 2016 week before Easter. Has 12K on it. Noticed on the drive home cruising in 8th about 60-70mph the vibration. You can just basically set your foot on accelerator and it goes away. Mine will be going in next week for service.

Closed Thread