Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
1LE Hood with Meguiars d155 Last touch?

Has anyone have any experience on this with the factory wrapped hoods? Is it a safe product to use? The website clearly says vinyl but I would rather have some feedback before applying myself. I tried to google this with multiple keywords and I found an unsure response "it should work since it does not dry out" and another result was a question with everything i asked for but no response
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
There are specific products for vinyl. Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer comes to mind first.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
There are specific products for vinyl. Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer comes to mind first.
Yes thank you, worst comes to worst I already have that ready to order!
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
chutoyy
knows nothing...

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I use the Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer for general touch ups and cleanings because it's cheaper... Once in a while, I'll bring out the Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Prescription... it clears off dried wax and contaminants and leaves the vinyl feeling 'moisturized' again after a while of neglect.

As for the D155, it's pretty much the bulk (pro) version of the retail packaging 'Meg's Quick Detailer' which is for gloss/clear coat finishes only. You can try using it on the vinyl, but it may leave streaks of 'shiny' spots.

Edit: Pic of Dr. Beasley's Matte Rx. Ignore the wolfgang, that's sealant for the paint...
Old 04-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
I'm not asking what product to use but if its safe to use and if anyone has any feedback using D155 on there hood or vinyl wrap.
Understood, my bad, my post removed.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #6
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Any Dr. Beasley product is a quality product. It is a little higher than most in price.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote