Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #211
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Pirelli has a "PZero" (which is a summer tire) and a "PZero Nero" (which is an all season tire). I got the V6 Camaro NON-RS with a the 19" wheel upgrade specifically because it has non-staggered wheels and ultra-high performance all-season tires. (It's my daily driver)
Ah, maybe the ones I bought were Neros but I don't remember anything but PZero being on the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Except...then the car won't perform nearly as well in testing, and therefore won't compare well in magazine tests...appearing slow and feeling sluggish and sloppy.

Summer tires offer the ability to put the performance a car can produce down to the ground efficiently. All-seasons do not. As sporty cars become faster...you're going to find all season tires just can't cut it. Now...with respect - you may not feel a difference in the performance of the car with all-seasons...but my guess is you're not driving the car at the levels where all-season tires give up.

Now, that said - there are some nice summer tires out there that do perfectly fine in the wet and cold. Just not on ice and snow. And frankly - I don't think all seasons work any good in the snow and ice, either. I'll never drive another winter without snow/winter tires.

Good points. No tire except one with studs works well on ice

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #212
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
He was way over the top with is superiority complex - calling everyone an idiot.

Fact is, there's a market for RWD performance cars, people love to drive them. Yes, AWD will put the power down more effectively, but some would still prefer RWD over it.

I think it would be awesome if they could offer an AWD option on the Camaro, but only if it doesn't drive the price up on the other models. Would love to see a $60K (ish) AWD TT camaro take on the likes of a $100K GT-R - I'd probably still go with RWD ZL1 though.

As for the rims, I think they are decent, but not loving them. Would prefer Stingray, Z06 and ZL1 (black rims) over these. I bet they have a black option for 1LE and ZL1 like before.

Oh I agree. I'm supposed he wasn't banned sooner. He is still on autoblog as a troll though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #213
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
No, you can, you just can't be a jerk to literally everyone who said anything to you about anything like he was... Honestly, if he just would've been respectful there would've been zero issues. But it was every thread and he had no interest in fostering any kind of discussion, just spewing "it needs a DCT with AWD and I can't believe Chevy isn't offering that and the 6th gen is a complete failure without it and anyone who thinks differently is a complete idiot and doesn't know as much about performance cars as me. What do you even drive? How dare you question me, I'll be buying a 6th gen with an LT1 and a stick because that will be THEE performance car to beat."
Yeah after like 3 pages of bitching about no AWD or DCT he has the nerve to say he'll get a new SS with a stick and have nothing to complain about.... and ending every post with "I own more cars than Jay Leno and you don't know jack" wasn't a persuasive argument.

I'm actually a little excited about the new AT, fast shifts (even though GM *lied* about that!!) and rated to around 740 Ft-lbs. I'm glad they didn't go cheap and use the lighter duty AT across the board like they usually do. This one looks as if it can actually tolerate some big mods.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #214
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
As for the rims, I think they are decent, but not loving them. Would prefer Stingray, Z06 and ZL1 (black rims) over these. I bet they have a black option for 1LE and ZL1 like before.
I definitely have to agree with you there. All of the wheels you mentioned are awesome. I also like the Z28 wheels!
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:30 PM   #215
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
The new wheels look like the ones on the Equinox !!
Dont really like them on the Camaro but I see where they are coming from. Same family as the 10 spoke 1LE and ZL1

Old 04-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #216
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I'm sure all of the "Chevy" wheels are based off the same design, a cost saving measure, being said, I still like the 6th Gen ones .... and I will be purchasing "aftermarket" wheels when I buy my 6th Gen Turb4 or SS Camaro ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #217
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So I can't want a NG Camaro that can compete with an Audi RS5 without getting banned?

I would LOVE it if the Camaro had that capability.
You can wish and dream whatever you want about anything, but he was clearly trolling, nothing more. Making fun of a 600+whp 4th gen Camaro on a GM forum? LOL if thats not trolling..

IMO, it comes down to reality; most plp want it affordable, not too heavy, badass looking and screaming muscle car, even in a Turbo 4 or V6. Is it really the car to have an AWD? What would be the cost for an AWD Camaro? It would need 2 AWD system, 1 for the V6 and 1 for the V8. You would be splitting sales for the same car and platform and too much cost for nothing more.

We have to keep in mind most sales are V6 Camaro. How many would shell out even more for a heavier and slower AWD V8??

Dont forget the GTR is costing 100K for a lot of reasons, and one of em is the 25K$ tranny/AWD system. Its one of the reason its that fast.

I think AWD fits more in a niche car like the SS, not the Camaro. Why change something that is selling like hot cakes? Mustang sales are just sky rocketing right now..

I think GM its easier for GM to continu with the ZL1 RWD program than making the AWD move.

Maybe one day..when the Camaro aint gonna sell like hot cakes!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #218
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
<~~~~~~~ very happy with RWD, for the past 30yrs,,,,,,,, plus can you even do a burnout with an AWD set-up ?????
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #219
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
28% stiff while at the same time being lighter is going to be a big gift to the racing teams that race the 5th generation Camaro. I know in World Challenge there are a number of teams running Camaros.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:29 AM   #220
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
The new wheels look like the ones on the Equinox !!
Dont really like them on the Camaro but I see where they are coming from. Same family as the 10 spoke 1LE and ZL1

It's the Prelude tail lights all over again. Those wheels aren't close at all to the sixth gen wheels.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #221
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
It's the Prelude tail lights all over again. Those wheels aren't close at all to the sixth gen wheels.
I agree with you in that I don't think the wheels look much like the Camaro's other than being a split 5 spoke.

However, why is it that when someone has an unpopular opinion of what something resembles, the forum treats that person as though their opinion is incorrect, or even ridiculous?

Maybe you are just trying to say you disagree with the person's opinion, but your post reads as though the post you quoted is incorrect, not that you disagree with his opinion.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #222
Phenix

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
On a side note... 9 million computational hours... That's 375,000 days, or 100 simulations running non-stop every second of every day for the last 10 years and 3 months (give or take a bit). Hmm, I wonder if that number came from the accountants that got GM bankrupt in the first place.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #223
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Accelerated simulations..
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #224
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I agree with you in that I don't think the wheels look much like the Camaro's other than being a split 5 spoke.

However, why is it that when someone has an unpopular opinion of what something resembles, the forum treats that person as though their opinion is incorrect, or even ridiculous?

Maybe you are just trying to say you disagree with the person's opinion, but your post reads as though the post you quoted is incorrect, not that you disagree with his opinion.
Probably because that's how I meant it. Yes, I realize that looks are subjective but being a Camaro fan I'm more apt to agree with a post that compares with a well respected car like the Stingray. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy, just means I don't like the post. I'm sure plenty of people don't like posts of mine and will comment on it, much like you did. All part of discussion.