Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2020, 10:37 PM   #29
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
The car you're considering is exactly what I would get. No one other than another Camaro owner will even notice it's not an SS and you'll find no other car in that price range that can stay within a car length in the 1/4 mile.

For what it's worth, I went from a 1LE with the Recaros to a 2SS and discovered that the Recaros make it a little more difficult getting in and I'm not huge by any count. I love the way my 2SS seats feel and wouldn't go to Recaros if I had a choice. Adding them to a LT1 might negate the cost savings...just a thought and "to each their own".

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:03 AM   #30
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I dropped the octane down to 91.5 and she pings when you're hard on her. Cruising seems fine.

Going to add some xylene to get the octane back up and see what happens @ 92
Old 10-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #31
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I haven't heard any pinging when I am hard on mine but mine always had 91 in it since I got it and its probably pulling timing to prevent it. Thanks for testing this out 95 imp.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #32
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
question for LT1 owners, did anyone try and add SS bits? I love the look of the LT1 and the price but I'd really like leather seats & the staggered ssrims. Anyone swap a 2ss interior by chance?

My thought is buy the car now and add wheels/tires, seats and spoiler later. Still be less than a 2ss. This car will be a nice weather once a week toy so no tracking.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #33
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
question for LT1 owners, did anyone try and add SS bits? I love the look of the LT1 and the price but I'd really like leather seats & the staggered ssrims. Anyone swap a 2ss interior by chance?

My thought is buy the car now and add wheels/tires, seats and spoiler later. Still be less than a 2ss. This car will be a nice weather once a week toy so no tracking.
I’m not sure how the numbers will work out by the time you add even just the visual SS equipment but if that is the direction you want to go a good leather solution is Katzkin leather. My buddy bought a Camaro kit from them for his Camaro and it turned out very nice.

https://katzkin.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobC...SAAEgKttvD_BwE
Old 11-06-2020, 09:22 PM   #34
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:

Doable, but lots of work, you would be better off buying a used 2SS and buying the LT1 front bumper for it. A 2SS and an LT1 have very different interiors, not just cloth vs leather. Dashes and gages are different, etc.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #35
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I had 1SS, as some know here, which is quite close to the new LT1.

The fact you’ve had a V-6 6gen I can tell you the extra 150HP is worth the price of admission.

A 300HP Camaro would be the bomb-diggity back in 93-97, especially a V6, but by today’s standards it’s plain humdrum.

Once you tap the throttle & feel that V8 torque of the new LT’s you will quickly become remiscent of your V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Doable, but lots of work, you would be better off buying a used 2SS and buying the LT1 front bumper for it. A 2SS and an LT1 have very different interiors, not just cloth vs leather. Dashes and gages are different, etc.
There’s more to it than just interior trim.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #36
roorback

i'm guessing ss rims/tires will run me 2k and a spoiler shouldn't be terrible. Leather interior is the kicker. I'm guessing it can bolt right in without issue.

But 2ss models are easily 45k, 40 used. LT1 is 32k right now, plus it just looks "right" to my eyes.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:12 AM   #37
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I had 1SS, as some know here, which is quite close to the new LT1.

The fact you’ve had a V-6 6gen I can tell you the extra 150HP is worth the price of admission.

A 300HP Camaro would be the bomb-diggity back in 93-97, especially a V6, but by today’s standards it’s plain humdrum.

Once you tap the throttle & feel that V8 torque of the new LT’s you will quickly become remiscent of your V6.

There’s more to it than just interior trim.
Just the extra Ft lb's of the V8 make a world of diff. Plus the sound alone is worth it.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #38
CHASLT1

Quote:

It would cost so much to do it.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #39
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:

Order the Recaros and you get leather seats front and rear. You can order a spoiler.

Mine came with the "V6" spoiler because I ordered the Satin Black Exterior Package. The 1LE "blade" spoiler would fit just fine. Or, check the appropriate option box.

I doubt you're going to fit the LT1/V6 front bumper on a 1/2SS because of the aux. radiators (and keep them functional).

As far as wheels/tires, you're stuck. Aftermarket or used OEM are your choices. I always planned on changing mine to aftermarket when I ordered it.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #40
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
i'm guessing ss rims/tires will run me 2k and a spoiler shouldn't be terrible. Leather interior is the kicker. I'm guessing it can bolt right in without issue.

But 2ss models are easily 45k, 40 used. LT1 is 32k right now, plus it just looks "right" to my eyes.
I'll hand deliver a perfect set of '17ss split spokes with oem Goodyears anywhere in the country if you'll give me $2k for them! Seriously, you can get the SS staggered setup waaay cheaper than that. If you're willing to spend 2k on wheels and tires, you can get a nice set of used ZL1 or ss1LE take-offs.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #41
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I'll hand deliver a perfect set of '17ss split spokes with oem Goodyears anywhere in the country if you'll give me $2k for them! Seriously, you can get the SS staggered setup waaay cheaper than that. If you're willing to spend 2k on wheels and tires, you can get a nice set of used ZL1 or ss1LE take-offs.
Wished i could find some in FL close to me.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #42
roorback

I've seen lots of camaro rims for 700 but adding new tires is how I got to 2k.