Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
zl1 canada

Drives: 2017 ZL1 coupe
Why you want a ZL1

My story is that i have had over 15 camaro's, all generation's, my last was a 35th SS LE that i bought new, wich by the way also had 650hp-6 speed-dana60. had just sold a numbers matching 69 big block SS convertible to buy the 2002(gm said last year ever for the camaro), i hit 2 moose on highway about 2 months ago and totaled it and was a fraction of a second away from not being here myself, so i need to fill a gap in my life with a new ZL1 auto if the can ever be built before my wife changes my mind, by the way i was born on sept 26 1966 the day the camaro was introduced to the public, so my anniversary( birthday)is the same as the camaro,
what is your story
zl1 canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I just wanna go fast.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Well, I'm 40 so call it a midlife crisis thing. I've never owned a Camaro or Mustang or any other performance car. I do remember being 16 and absolutely loved the Gen 3 Camaro, and would always get the auto trader magazine and look at them, but could never afford one.

I'm just now at a point in my life where I can afford an impractical car that will be a "toy" as opposed to a DD. I guess my reason is I want and deserve a toy too and the ZL1 has been my focus for the last 2 or 3 years. At first I was intrigued by the GT500's power, but soon decided that the Camaro was the better all around car and that's where i've been ever since.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Duh..it's better than a vette

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Because it will be the last and most powerful Camaro ever. I'll grab one in 2019 before production is ceased in 2020. They should have the bugs of the 2018 w/ A10 worked out by then.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Life is to short, and you have to enjoy it, so buy the car of your dreams.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
When I was 16 my dad bought me my first car, a 71 Camaro. Hooked.

I have owned lots of different cars but I have never been without at least one Camaro in my garage.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Combination of circumstances. I sorta fell backwards into a Hemi Durango & forgot what it was like to have any sort of vehicle with some speed. I put a CAI, Diablo tuner, TB & a Borla on her. It is a hoot to drive a large set of wheels you can fit 4 large adults in, but just set off the itch for the real thing. I did some searching & test drove a Z06, but just felt like I was in a coffin & the search continued. Once I found out the same engine was going into a Camero & seeing this new model had the look, finished the puzzle on what I want.

I'll be 47 this fall & I have never owned a real muscle car...I spend a lot of time / $$$$ hunting & fishing, so I have always had a 4wd vehicle as my primary. My company vehicle now covers this now, wife drives a Tahoe to handle any road trips that need space. The hot Durango has become a novelty.

Kinda funny, When I went to talk to my dealer about this ZL1, they wanted me to take out an SS for a taste & while I did that they requested a review of the Durango for the future trade in...their expression when they returned was priceless. I guess none of them had test drove anything of that make up. They loved it.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #9
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
I just want the biggest baddest ass Camaro there ever was with warranty and that's the ZL1... Get em while they're hot as the Feds/CAFA will shut down this HP war soon so nows the time
Old 09-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #10
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Because it will be the last and most powerful Camaro ever. I'll grab one in 2019 before production is ceased in 2020. They should have the bugs of the 2018 w/ A10 worked out by then.
What do you mean, production will be ceased?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
What do you mean, production will be ceased?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
... Get em while they're hot as the Feds/CAFA will shut down this HP war soon so nows the time
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #12
Yoruichisoifon

Drives: Soon To Be 2017 ZL1!
I never in my life had the thought of owning a Camaro ever crossed my mind even though I'm only 21.
My first vehicle I was originally going to get was the new 2017 F-150 Raptor, but recently my cousin just bought a 2011 rs 1le Camaro, and one night I asked If I could borrow it to go out and funny enough that night was by the far the best car ride I ever had in my entire life. I mean even just for an rs the car was fast. The way it sounded, how it drove, handled, and the way it shifted it just felt like it was me and the car that night and no one else.
So since that night I changed my mind that I wanted to get Camaro instead and why not go for the ZL1 I mean may as well as you're only young once! Just thinking about driving the ZL1 gives me goose bumps. The Zl1 Is just far beyond class the way it looks, how it sounds. Just really can't wait till the day finally arrives and I'm finally able to drive it.
Yoruichisoifon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #13
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quite a few reasons:

- 650 hp/tq with full warranty
- I can actually track it vs my SS with full warraty (you can track an SS np, I just won't with mine)
- Not get asked when I am auctioning off my car
- Not having to think about adding exterior mods to alter the change of my vehicle and just do it
- INSANE bang for the buck for EVERYTHING (the design (exterior, interior, under the hood), potential, numbers, performance, comfort, bells and whistles (features), etc vs ANY other car. There is a REASON why it's Camaro VS EVERYBODY. And did I tell you that the price is HALF of some other vehicles that have the same or less ability than the ZL1?
- Knowing the amount of love, care and effort the entire Camaro and GM is putting in to our vehicles and having met them all is another reason to buy another Camaro.
- I enjoy modding, instead of adding supercharger, bigger tires, wheels, bunch of suspension mods, and labor for it all for an SS, that amount of money could be spent on a ZL1 and safe some money in the long run especially when you run into problems. But with ZL1, I won't have to do that.
- I also bought my 2SS because I figured the ZL1 would take another 2-3 years like it did for 5th gen and use it as my "get used to the whole new RWD V8" as I come from AWD and instead of modding the 2SS, use that money to get the ZL1. So I got it as a gateway. I have no regrets buying my SS though lol. Now, I just have to buy a lift and grab a 2018 ZL1.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #14
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
It's the total package. A red blooded American car that can seamlessly run with European exotics on the race track and American fat cats on the drag strip. Add in the gen 6 interior refresh with contrast stitched Alcantara, I am in total heaven. If I could afford a ZL1, it would be in my garage over just about any car. I'll be happy enough if I can get in on the gen 6 1LE.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote