Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #29
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
It is hard to tell, but an E85 conversion lurks under this hood. 15-30 RWHP fortifies this SS depending on the the alky percentage.

Many thanks to Snowblind for the assist.

I drove around on 93 until the low gas warning came on (about 1 gallon left). Then filled it up at Mighty Joes. That place is so cool.

http://www.vvadventurefarm.com/mj1/index.php/breakfast

As usual I could not bother with the run until empty 6 gallon gas can method. My plan is to run the tank down again and fill it up again. Over time I will get to the summer E85 max. Hoping for 11s on a lousy DA day. Time will tell.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:01 PM   #30
Fraxum

The weekend I installed the AEM Wideband guage 30-0333. It has a piggyback connecter to plug right into your ODBC2 port and supply wide band A/F logging data into your data logger. Nice!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...and-uego-obdii

It is quite a simple install if you already have a O2 exhaust bung available. If you do not and have to add one that is a bit trickier. It is preferred for more complete low speed logging to add the bung before the cat. My ARH precat bungs werent doing anything useful (as far as I know) so I used that bunbg on the drivers side.

Although besides the bung the install could be simple, you have to find switched power and a ground to run the guage. To add to my complexity I tried to install the guage in the glove compartment. This would have worked except you cannot close the lid without pinching the wires. Time wasted.

To get power I fuse piggybacked #33 in the fuse box in the trunk with a 5A fuse. Thsi is switched power for the phone charger behind the console. Not sure if the fuse is live in a 1SS.

It made me nervous to run the wire bare with all the sharp edges. But I did not have any small wire tubing so I ran the wire inside some pond air tubing I had lying around. A little extra protection. Runnig the wire to the front is pretty easy once you pop out the back seat bottom and also pop out some of the plastic buttons holding in the platistic trim. You also have to pop out and remove the plastic inside passenger side sill trim.

I could not find easy way to run a ground wire so I ran a ground to under the hood. Loving my Rotofab noise pump cover! I drilled a hole in it and smoothed out the edges. It is metal, classy. I did not have grommet to fit, so I just used electrical tape around the circle to keep things running smooth long term.

Once my glove campartment idea fizzled I built a little guage holder out of wood and velcroed it to the flat part of the steering column cover. It is a kluge but it works and I can uninstall/install it in a couple of minutes. I can still get to the buttons easily. I may do a more permanent install on the dash vent.

Here you can see how I attached the ground wire and the drilled sound tube cover to the left.

It works!

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. :(

Last edited by Fraxum; 05-29-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #31
Fraxum

Useless Shift Light and Aeroforce dual vent pod

I installed my new shift light and the Aeroforce Camaro dual vent pod.

The wiring was simple since I already had a switched power source. I increased the rear fuse to 10 Amp and put an inline 5A fuse for the AEM gauge and a 3A for the shift light.

The hardest part of the install was removing the left side dash vent. I looked around online but could not find anything very specific except for a Camaro6 post that worked but sounded sketchy. So I go out my big pack of plastic trim tools and went to work. There was no way without damaging the dash that I could see. Then I remembered I bought this electronics kit to take apart my Sony Play Station to replace the Blue Ray player.

Aha! I struck gold. The kit contained two sharp metal tools that had blades made of strong metal. With either of these tools it was easy to get under the front of the vent and lift it up enough to use the plastic trim tools. Once the front comes up, you do not lift straight up but rather pull up and towards you and it comes right out. Phew. The Aeroforce pod does not snap in as snug as the stocker, but it will be easy to remove if needed.

Here are the tools:

Here is the pod in action. The shift light is a place holder for now that does nothing. It requires an analog coil signal. I am still looking for that......

Old 07-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #32
Fraxum

Shift light working! After research and wire probing the only practical RPM analog signal that I could find was ODB2. The signal can be extracted from there. While you can buy an ODB2 shift light I purchased an Autometer gauge that neatly fits in the Aeroforce pod. There is no ODB2 option, only an attached green signal wire.

In my quest to solve this problem I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In my quest to do it right I bought a nice fuse holder and a ground bus.

and a ground bus.

Success!

And more consistent ETs:

My last trip to the track where I made 3 runs:
12.114@116.95
12.093@117.90
12.091@118.19

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-20-2017 at 07:12 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #33
Fraxum

Sold. :(
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Sold. :(
Why

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #35
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
Why
It was time for a change. I do miss that SS already, but a ZL1 should take the sting out of that.