Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-22-2016, 04:37 PM   #15
ChristianLS3

Drives: 10' Camaro 2ss
I have the same problem, I just bought my 2010 ss recently and noticed I have to pull my e brake too far up for it to grab. I never put my car in gear while parked (I know I should) I just hate putting load on the tranny lol. I recently noticed my clutch/brake fluid was black so I completely flushed it out and applied new DOT3 fluid. My e brake grabs now with about 4-5 clicks of a pull instead of pulling it all the way back for it to grab. my brakes even grab higher now on the pedal. I just ordered a new master cylinder, and will be installing that soon with fresh fluid again. Hope this helped some of you guys with the e brake problem.
ChristianLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #16
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
The owners manual states to put the shifter in reverse and apply the e-brake.
Exactly the only time I park the car in neutral is when I store it for long periods of time.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:49 AM   #17
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianLS3 View Post
... I never put my car in gear while parked (I know I should) I just hate putting load on the tranny lol. ...
Driving your Camaro puts many more times the load on your tranny than when parking and leaving it in gear; manual transmissions are designed to function that way without damage. Why take a chance on damage/injuries that could result if the car should roll and crush someone or something?
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #18
Night trained

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianLS3 View Post
I have the same problem, I just bought my 2010 ss recently and noticed I have to pull my e brake too far up for it to grab. I never put my car in gear while parked (I know I should) I just hate putting load on the tranny lol. I recently noticed my clutch/brake fluid was black so I completely flushed it out and applied new DOT3 fluid. My e brake grabs now with about 4-5 clicks of a pull instead of pulling it all the way back for it to grab. my brakes even grab higher now on the pedal. I just ordered a new master cylinder, and will be installing that soon with fresh fluid again. Hope this helped some of you guys with the e brake problem.
Your hydraulic brake system has nothing to do with your parking brake system !!
Night trained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #19
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Just to update you guys, I adjusted my parking brake 2 clicks while doing brakes/rotors and that did the trick! The e-brake engages a little lower but not too low. I haven't had it slip on me yet. I will forever be parking this car in gear to be on the safe side. I'm going to either repair or replace my front splitter and put this behind me. As i said before, I'm lucky i parked on such a mild incline and that there wasn't a vehicle outside my driveway.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #20
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
Just to update you guys, I adjusted my parking brake 2 clicks while doing brakes/rotors and that did the trick! The e-brake engages a little lower but not too low. I haven't had it slip on me yet. I will forever be parking this car in gear to be on the safe side. I'm going to either repair or replace my front splitter and put this behind me. As i said before, I'm lucky i parked on such a mild incline and that there wasn't a vehicle outside my driveway.
Sounds like you are making good progress and 1/2 the battle is over.
Did you try posting on the 1LE forum to get some ideas on the 1LE splitter fix? they get banged up easy.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149

Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote