Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: TWP 3/17. What did you order?
ZL1 7 12.73%
2SS 1LE 17 30.91%
1SS 1LE 5 9.09%
1SS, 2SS.....V8 14 25.45%
1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT......V6 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2014, 03:20 AM   #267
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon1LE View Post
my car was spotted in Indiana today @11am. Eta of Friday , (three day customs hold) then should see it 7-8 days from now!

Dean
Sorry I delayed your delivery, and I hope you don't mind a few miles on it when it arrives but....I had to take it for a test drive. I hope you like the fast break-in method.

Last edited by Indydriver; 04-14-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 AM   #268
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1LE View Post
BTW Indy, what grade Tint is that? And can you still see out pretty clearly? I don't want it too dark, the visibility on our vehicles are already pretty limited..
I think tint is a must on just about every car. Every state has their own laws on darkness expressed in light transmission. In Indiana, the law is 30%, all around. Since this car is rolling cop bait, I wanted the tint to be legal so I went with 35%. (Don't tell anyone but I had 20% on my Mazdaspeed). Visibility is essentially normal.

The quality of film and install is critical. I'm sure there are many competent filmers in the area but mine has to rank with the best. He works for a lot of high end dealerships and does side jobs out of a shop on north Guion Road. If you don't mind driving to the north side, pm me and I'll give you the contact info.

http://tintlaws.com/
Old 04-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #269
FZ1LE
Camaro SS 1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I think tint is a must on just about every car. Every state has their own laws on darkness expressed in light transmission. In Indiana, the law is 30%, all around. Since this car is rolling cop bait, I wanted the tint to be legal so I went with 35%. (Don't tell anyone but I had 20% on my Mazdaspeed). Visibility is essentially normal.

The quality of film and install is critical. I'm sure there are many competent filmers in the area but mine has to rank with the best. He works for a lot of high end dealerships and does side jobs out of a shop on north Guion Road. If you don't mind driving to the north side, pm me and I'll give you the contact info.

http://tintlaws.com/
PM'd!
FZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #270
Oregon1LE

Hey you guys , just a thought? , I'm coming out that way late summer we should get some of the birthday cars together and get a few pics. They were all on the line together at one point!
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #271
Oregon1LE

Quote:
Sorry I delayed your delivery, and I hope you don't mind a few miles on it when it arrives but....I had to take it for a test drive. I hope you like the fast break-in method.

Can't even believe I let you almost get away with this!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #272
Oregon1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by terptitan View Post
I picked up my ZL1 today! My dealer had it in the showroom and I was able to drive it off the showroom floor. He had a sign on it that said "stay away!" And, he gave me a ZL1 hat to celebrate the occassion. All of you who have said the ZL1 is fun to drive were spot on. The drive home was amazing! What a truly amazing vehicle. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!
Dude really? Kick down with some pics..I do have to say when my car gets here nobody even the CFO is gunna see or hear from me.....till 1500 miles......
Old 04-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #273
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
I just found out through GM CS my car departed Louisville KY yesterday. They said the ETA to Dixanna SC was April 16th.
Is it really going to take 2 days to get there ? Either way I hope it doesn't stay at the distribution center in SC long, I would love to get this by the weekend.
Shiftgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #274
Indydriver

Quote:
Hey you guys , just a thought? , I'm coming out that way late summer we should get some of the birthday cars together and get a few pics. They were all on the line together at one point!
You bet. Just let us know. You need to make a sales call in Indy anyway.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #275
Oregon1LE

Quote:
You bet. Just let us know. You need to make a sales call in Indy anyway.

Kinda took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #276
Indydriver

Quote:
Kinda took the words right out of my mouth!
Bring your golf clubs.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #277
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Car arrived at Chigaco Heights railyard today! Only 1-1/2hrs away from the dealer. Hope it gets on a transport truck tomorrow.
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #278
Indydriver

Razor, where you been, boy? What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get that car?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #279
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Razor, where you been, boy? What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get that car?
Life could not be more crazy right now! Im selling one of my companies, should close the deal next week!! That will free me up big time. Wil hopefully move this year from Chicago to Topsail Island NC, fingers crossed

Here is my list of mods for week one:

CAI intake
SS break lines
Catch can
Skip shift eliminator
Hill assist eliminator
4 wheel rock guards
Clear film stone guard bumper, mirrors, rear quarters
1/LE emblems
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 AM   #280
Indydriver

Count me envious on the move to NC. This winter deal is harder to take every year older I get. Especially when you have a Camaro begging to be driven!

A key tip for the CAI install...

Do not tighten the airbox mounting nut until after you install the lid. The thing fits so tight into that corner that it is nearly impossible to get the lid on if the box is locked in. Otherwise, it's a very easy DIY and a very nice piece. I have to admit that my butt dyno didn't notice the difference and it doesn't roar like the intake on my turbo Mazdaspeed did. Another reason for a tune.

LOL, I have yet to engage either of the nannies. I had bought a SSE but sold it to another member when I discovered it can be turned off with a tune. And for whatever reason, the hill assist either hasn't come on or haven't noticed it. For the latter, don't you have to swap the yaw sensor under the center console? What are you using for rock guards? I hear all that debris being thrown up by those sticky Pirellis and grimace.

Last edited by Indydriver; 04-16-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote