Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
L99spec

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Lol same thing ran through my mind multiple times.
You guys are seriously jaded. Dude gets a new car and his first upgrade and he is sharing that with us. Personally I appreciate it. Enjoy your car Kenny45 and post more burnouts!!
L99spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Lol same thing ran through my mind multiple times.
I waited to have someone else smell something.....earlier post has him choosing/defending headers by the same company and he hadn't even announced buying his car yet.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
jkchambless
Austin LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99spec View Post
You guys are seriously jaded. Dude gets a new car and his first upgrade and he is sharing that with us. Personally I appreciate it. Enjoy your car Kenny45 and post more burnouts!!
Funny....L99spec was in the same post advocating the Pfadt headers.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
L99spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Funny....L99spec was in the same post advocating the Pfadt headers.
Whoa dude...are you really going through all my past threads? That's pretty weird.

It's no secret I like Pfadt headers, I'm pretty sure lots of people do. I also like K&N air filters and flowmaster exhaust. Plus I like Doritos and coffee! I've never told anyone on Camaro5 that I like Doritos and coffee because it isn't relevant, but I do believe my favorite headers, air filters and mufflers are.

Finally, so we get this dossier straight that you are keeping on all of us, I'm not an advocate of Pfadts tune, because I haven't tried it. If I do try it and like it I will advocate it. Isn't that the point of a forum?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
jkchambless
Austin LT

Quote:
Whoa dude...are you really going through all my past threads? That's pretty weird.

It's no secret I like Pfadt headers, I'm pretty sure lots of people do. I also like K&N air filters and flowmaster exhaust. Plus I like Doritos and coffee! I've never told anyone on Camaro5 that I like Doritos and coffee because it isn't relevant, but I do believe my favorite headers, air filters and mufflers are.

Finally, so we get this dossier straight that you are keeping on all of us, I'm not an advocate of Pfadts tune, because I haven't tried it. If I do try it and like it I will advocate it. Isn't that the point of a forum?
No, I am not keeping a dossier on anyone and this is not the first time someone on this forum questioned a post and looked into pasts posts for a little history. Something to me, and at least a couple of others, seems a little off with Kenny45's story. It just so happens that you were as quick to defend him as he was to defend the technology behind Pfadt's claims of superior performance from their header design.

If I was too quick to draw a conclusion or make a link between his and your posts then I apologize....just as I do if this whole thing is just an odd set of circumstances.

I invite you to look at my past posts.....while I am not as knowledgeable as some and have been guilty of getting caught up in sidebars (kind of like now) nothing will indicate that I have an agenda. Note that I didn't post anything about my suspicions (right or wrong) concerning Kenny45 until two others posted similar misgivings. Again, if I am wrong then I apologize to you and Kenny45, however something seems a little hinky when a new member gets a car, complains about performance, buys a tune by a company whose products he has previously touted, and turns the car from a dog to a drag car with NO OTHER MODs.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
L99spec

Dude, I don't care about your last posts or mine for that manner. I'm not some dude who thinks lizard people run the fed or that aliens populated earth, so I'm sure as hell not looking for some grand conspiracy on the camaro website. My two comments in this thread were to a. Make people laugh (which I did) and b. Not scare off a new camaro owner

As for the dog to drag racer, I'm sure kenny45 learned how to turn off the nannies which would help and who knows what else. Many people said a tune would help and maybe it did or maybe it didn't but he seems happy and I can't care about this drama one more second.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
jkchambless
Austin LT

Quote:
Dude, I don't care about your last posts or mine for that manner. I'm not some dude who thinks lizard people run the fed or that aliens populated earth, so I'm sure as hell not looking for some grand conspiracy on the camaro website. My two comments in this thread were to a. Make people laugh (which I did) and b. Not scare off a new camaro owner

As for the dog to drag racer, I'm sure kenny45 learned how to turn off the nannies which would help and who knows what else. Many people said a tune would help and maybe it did or maybe it didn't but he seems happy and I can't care about this drama one more second.
Point made...thanks for making it. I will think twice in the future.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #23
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
PFADT vendor

And that's why Tampa Tuning became a Vendor of Pfadt Headers and suspension parts.

I wasn't a believer, until I tuned several Camaro with Pfadt Long Tube headers, and they consistently had more RWHP and RWTQ than any other brand I calibrated.

I even got them for my wife's Camaro

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #24
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Most people on here do not have a clue how a header works. They just buy them because they were told they make more power. It is obvious to me that the OP does and made the right choice. Tri-Y headers have been around for some time. I bought the Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers before the Pfadt's headers came on the market because there is a science behind Tri-Y headers and the efficiency in which they scavenge, they were not just conjured up as a gimmick. I have noticed that most folks buy headers based on what others are buying and in order to be cool they have to have the same. Kudos to the OP for having the courage to defend something he believes in and welcome aboard.
Not wanting to offend anyone, but let this man be excited.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 AM   #25
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the tune and the new found "POWER". I haven't gotten around to getting a tune yet as I'm just waiting to add a few more "power mods" to make it worth while but I hear a tune really wakes these cars up.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Congrats! You can rest assured that anything Pfadt puts their name on is going to be among the best of the best and we are proud to be associated with them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Most people on here do not have a clue how a header works. They just buy them because they were told they make more power. It is obvious to me that the OP does and made the right choice. Tri-Y headers have been around for some time. I bought the Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers before the Pfadt's headers came on the market because there is a science behind Tri-Y headers and the efficiency in which they scavenge, they were not just conjured up as a gimmick. I have noticed that most folks buy headers based on what others are buying and in order to be cool they have to have the same. Kudos to the OP for having the courage to defend something he believes in and welcome aboard.
Not wanting to offend anyone, but let this man be excited.
^^ Truth.

Glad to see another amped up Camaro owner. Congrats OP!!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #28
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
I heard that this tune cures those dead spots in gear shiftings

Tags
black widow, camaro ss, pfadt tune