Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #15
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Isn't that the problem where you have to take the wheel off and clean the mating surface on the wheel and the brake rotor?
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #16
CarFlow1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 (Summit White)
I agree with you, this is wrong. They shouldn't be beating on our cars period. Lets beat on theirs see how they like it.
CarFlow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
Maybe they were just trying to find the clicking noise
I agree. Did there road test damage the car? I am fortunate I have a great relationship with my Chevy dealer and service manager so I never worry about them abusing my car. If they want to road test it go ahead.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #18
JustSomeGuy

Drives: 17 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
Isn't that the problem where you have to take the wheel off and clean the mating surface on the wheel and the brake rotor?
It may well be I did look around on the forms but honestly I don't have any setup to do that kind of work save the jack that came with the car which I don't really trust. After this experience I will likely be looking into getting a jack and stands to try and handle this stuff myself.

On a possibly related note I received a call from the tech this morning letting me know they cant get the wheels off because of the lock. I told them as far as I know its the stock Chevy wheel lock. They said they would look around for a key. Which is not super confidence inspiring either.

Also I wanted to take a second to thank everyone for their advice so far its has given me a few ideas for my future interaction with dealerships seems like I am way to trusting.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #19
SplorgFlorgman

Drives: Nothing, yet
Honestly, I never take my car to the dealer unless there is something seriously wrong. Do the easy stuff yourself, or take it to somewhere where you can wait for easy stuff (I don't change my own oil in the winter) so you can see if it takes off in a cloud of smoke 10 minutes later.

I think it is naive (and I mean this just as a matter of fact, not an insult) to think that people working on cars all day won't want to take the opportunity to joy ride a car they probably can't afford, given the chance..

Like everyone has said, I wouldn't sweat it from a damage perspective. You've probably driven it harder yourself at some point. It is the disrespect that would bother me.
SplorgFlorgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #20
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
You guys don't use valet mode when you drop the car off for service?

For those equipped with the PDR, video doesn't lie!
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #21
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Don't trust dealers.......never will.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #22
JustSomeGuy

Drives: 17 M6 ZL1
So I just got the car back and I thought I would post an update for any one interested.

Turns out its a bushing and sway bar issue which the dealership needed to order in. I went in told them to cancel the order and that I would be taking car elsewhere based on what I felt was some crazy acceleration reported by OnStar. The tech claimed no such acceleration had taken place. I responded that based on my experience with the OnStar tracking and the situation in general that I did accept that. He asked me to still give him a high rating because "Its a big part of his pay" and that I should just talk about the acceleration in the comments of the survey. He then told me he was not the one driving (this seems to contradict the no crazy acceleration happened claim and why the hell did he have someone else driving the car to hear the noise).

I still have heard nothing from the Service GM after leaving a message and talking to one of the sales mangers that I worked with before. I think this speaks volumes as well.

To be fair on the way home I did give the car some gas not what I call crazy by any means but way more than what I felt needed to hear the noise. Especially since it was quite clear pulling out of the parking lot. OnStar did log those times as Hard Acceleration. So its possible it may not have been as bad as I imagine but, I kind of doubt it.

As far as the needed repairs I am taking it to another dealer about 5 miles away tomorrow. I have spoken to the service manager there about my experience with the first dealer and he assured me that would not happen. I know it may be wishful thinking, but I am hoping that if I make it clear to the manager and the tech when I drop it off that I will be keeping an eye on it. Maybe that will stop the issue before it starts. Its also possible they will just jimmy rig OnStar and I will have no tires left when I pick it up. Of course that could just be my paranoia that this has instilled in me.

Thanks again for all your advice and help.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #23
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
You got two choices: Persue it or forget it.

If you Persue it, start looking for another dealer in the future.
Pursue what exactly?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #24
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Pursue what exactly?
His question was:

'So my main question is am I crazy to be pretty damn pissed and asking for the GM to contact me or would you guys do the same?"
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #25
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Did his nose grow longer when he said that?
6 miles isn't bad actually....I delivered our first zl1 a10 and I literally watched the car get unloaded from trailer to dealer lot and it had 26 miles on it...all from factory QC. It happens.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #26
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
His question was:

'So my main question is am I crazy to be pretty damn pissed and asking for the GM to contact me or would you guys do the same?"
Pursue GM to contact him? Good luck with anything happening there. Nothing happened to his car. Find a new dealer. Tell dealer no offsite driving authorized. I just told this to BMW this morning when I dropped off my M5 for service.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Pursue GM to contact him? Good luck with anything happening there. Nothing happened to his car. Find a new dealer. Tell dealer no offsite driving authorized. I just told this to BMW this morning when I dropped off my M5 for service.
Read closer........, of course GM won't do anything...see he used "the GM"? So, I too meant gen mgr.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #28
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Read closer........, of course GM won't do anything...see he used "the GM"? So, I too meant gen mgr.
I read it closer. Still, nothing will happen.