Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #29
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
ok i'm back from cleaning up the throw-up on my monitor.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #30
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I wonder how many Camaros are stored over the winter as much for keeping them away from road chemicals as for reasons involving traction. Lots of people want to wait until after a few spring rains have washed the roads clear.
You are right on. My Camaro is technically a DD and I have snow tires on it right now. However, I carpool with my wife whenever possible to spare my Camaro from the salt and potholes. With snow tires on it handles like a champ, so it is not sitting in the garage all winter because of traction issues.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #31
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
I see AWD as an opportunity, not a penalty. Making a Camaro as all season capable as a WRX isn't really a bad thing, is it?

I was thinking the Challenger would be the first one in the market to offer AWD but that hasn't happened.

I got rid of an '06 Mustang GT that was useless in the snow and got one of those fugly AWD Honda Crosstours that was an absolute blast to drive year round, especially with the stability control disabled.

In any case, if they build it I'd buy it.
I don't disagree that there should be something in the Chevy lineup that's AWD, and there is; Equinox & Traverse. If you prefer AWD, Buick has a very nice one w/ the GS or you go w/ a WRX Sti or an EVO. IMO AWD would be a penalty on Camaro, AWD is to Camaro what feathers are to fish.

Camaro is a pony car, not a muscle car, not a sports car, not a ricer and never AWD. Camaro is an affordable, lightweight 2 door coupe, RWD platform with a long hood and a short decklid with sportiness and power. This year they strayed a bit from that recipe but got away with it only because the car is absolutely beautiful.

AWD is a bad thing for Camaro as IMO it's a sure fire way to make the car far more expensive and help kill the car off again when sales fall. I'm sure a market exists for compact AWD cars like those I mentioned but compare sales, who sells more? Camaro, EVO, WRX Sti?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote