Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #239
proxemics

Drives: 09 shelby GT500
smaller, lighter, bad ass looking,

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #240
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
On a real note... truthfully they just need to bring the muscle car theme into the 21st century... for a $40k-$50k car you would expect the electronix to be up-to-date. Digital gauges with a retro look to them. In-dash Navi with DVD play back ability. LED lighting all the way around (incondescense is old news). HID's should be standard for the price. Last a more modern set of shoes... I know, I know they were going for a muscle car classic look on the wheels, but man are they bulky looking, even the new scions and kias have nicer wheels and electronics in them...

Shedding a few pounds wouldn't hurt either. I have no idea where to shed the weight from, but that would not be something for me to figure out for Chevy anyways.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #241
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Lighter weight
Rigid chassis
High revving engine that has a nice torque curve
Solid seats (manual is fine. I can adjust my own seats)
6 or 7 speed manual trans that shifts nicely.
Good paint
Forged aluminum wheels
Sticky tires
Stiff suspension
Good head lights
Cup holders somewhere other than right behind the shifter so I can have a cup in there and shift at the same time
Factory performance parts and tunes that don't void the warranty.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #242
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Lighter weight
Rigid chassis
High revving engine that has a nice torque curve
Solid seats (manual is fine. I can adjust my own seats)
6 or 7 speed manual trans that shifts nicely.
Good paint
Forged aluminum wheels
Sticky tires
Stiff suspension
Good head lights
Cup holders somewhere other than right behind the shifter so I can have a cup in there and shift at the same time
Factory performance parts and tunes that don't void the warranty.
Sounds like a good wish list to me!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #243
Gen5

Drives: Z28 2002 Maroon/Silver 1SS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
First off get the weight down by about 300lbs. The new LT1 should be good with a lighter car. Make the car narrower by about 3 inches. Shorter by 2 inches. Lower the belt line of the whole car about 2 inches. I am tired of these tall doors, quarter panels and fenders. Try to make visabilty better. I like the interior except for the dual gauge pods. Change those.

Right on Brian. It would be nice if it lost 500lbs. And PLEASE have functional VISORS....Smaller wheels (19 or 18 ) so those of us that race can get some rubber on them.

Brian, Are you going to race much this year. I am thinking about turning the 2010 into a 1LE..... Money........... See ya at the track

Those new GoodYears are great. I ordered 4 because Goodyear are not going to make anymore ?????? They have 144 275/40/17 left
Gen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #244
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
For the V-8 model -

6.2L, keep the displacement the same, and hp at or near the Vette.

No AFM with the manual trans. Don't care if it is supposedly imperceptible, don't want it.

450ish hp base V-8 performance model, with a higher level performance model either supercharged or large cube 427.

Styling wise.... take a pro touring style '69 just like this one, and slightly modernize it. Stay with that retro first gen-ish styling. Don't overdo the rear with spaceshipy tail ligts/sharp angles.... like the new Corvette.

Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #245
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
No AFM?

One thing that I see a lot of on this post is the suggestion of no AFM. That could possibly mean a gas guzzler tax. The ZL-1 has one, and it is a little bit of a pill to choke on when you have to pay a couple of grand for it. Just a consideration.....
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #246
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
No AFM with the manual trans. Don't care if it is supposedly imperceptible, don't want it.
Just curious for your thoughts - what if you could turn it off via a button/mode setting from the factory?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #247
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Z View Post
One thing that I see a lot of on this post is the suggestion of no AFM. That could possibly mean a gas guzzler tax. The ZL-1 has one, and it is a little bit of a pill to choke on when you have to pay a couple of grand for it. Just a consideration.....
Good point. Big Brother says: You WILL have AFM or 4-cylinder turbos or battery power or gas guzzler tax – just because.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #248
Sweet Z

Drives: 2013 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Just curious for your thoughts - what if you could turn it off via a button/mode setting from the factory?
They already have that. You push it with your right foot :>
2002 35th Anniversary SS
2010 2SS/RS Hennessey HPE600 Conversion
Sweet Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #249
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
What car do you own? I drove an M3 and it was completely different than what your experience seems to be...
I doubt you've driven an M3 with a DCT transmission because I have driven a few myself and they drive exactly like what 'Sweet Z' has described. I've even driven the new M6 which has DCT and its the same story. DCT's are indeed automatic transmissions equipped with two clutches. Each attending to the alternate gears. The SMG gear box is the one that really can't be categorised as automatic, even though it too works on paddle shifter and shifter lever and no clutch pedal.

I think what you've driven is one of the M3's which was equipped with the SMG gear box, cuz that drove very much like what you initially were describing, basically like a proper manual transmission....just minus the clutch pedal.

Are you sure the M3 you drove had DCT? Because even the current outgoing M3 comes with DCT, but as an option....just needs you to throw in the bigger bucks...otherwise it comes standard with the old SMG or a stick shift!!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #250
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Still don't want AFM, even if you can shut it off. The problematic lifters would still be there. The low lift, low revving cam would still be there. Huge resonator and quiet mufflers to kill the drone would still be there. Valves in the exhaust before the mufflers on convertibles. Marshmallow soft eng/trans/diff mounts to control the AFM vibes... equals wheel hop. AFM means all kinds of band aids get added on to mask the problems created by AFM. All to just barely, get a hair more mpg.

I'd rather have a V8 performance car, all designed around the performance of a strong V8. Give it a muscle car exhaust note, firm up the driveline mounting to get rid of the wheel hop. Give it a cam that will pull to 6600 rpm, and lifters that won't crap out. If that means paying a gas guzzler tax, I'd rather do that then have a muscle car that keeps switching to 4 cyl.

What we really need is some lobbyist help or petitioning DC to put some exceptions to the gas guzzler laws. If a company's total fleet of vehicles gets quite good mileage, give some exceptions for the lower volume specialty cars. Or if someone's daily driver is a gas mizer... they get one free gas guzzler. Or, make anything capable of alternative fuel (E85)... exempt from the gas guzzler tax.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #251
adplusone

Drives: 2011 Cayman 2012 Suburban
PDK like transmission.
adplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #252
alexhegler
SS/RS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
**** all v6s
alexhegler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation