Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Are you starting to lose interest in the new Camaro?
Yes, not sure how much I even care anymore about this car. 13 7.93%
Still interested, but, yeah, I am a bit less enthusiastic than I was 73 44.51%
No, my interest level is the same as it was a few months ago 41 25.00%
I've actually become a little more interested lately 17 10.37%
Are you kidding? I'm way more jazzed now than I've ever been!! 20 12.20%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #71
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
He has an array of facts that he uses very selectively to make arguments. Its disappointing that most of the stuff those guys think they know about the LS/LT platforms or GM is what they read over there. For example, did you know the aftermarket support for Coyote/SBF is WAY WAY WAY bigger than the LS market? ...that must be why there are so many LS to Coyote conversion kits available for so many platforms. I've never seen a forum, even a GM forum, so obsessed with the Z28 and 1LE package.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like what they did with the 2015 Mustang. I think the Alpha Camaro will force an engine refresh for it, which is what I would hold out for now. It's like they don't understand that competition is what drives both sides to improve, and all they want is validation for their purchase decision at the expense of bashing the "other" side.
Very well said. Words of wisdom to me.. Im with you with the mustang also. It's an inprovement over the previous generation and that is what matters.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #72
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
And yes. They are more obsessed with the Z28 and 1LE than diehard camaro fans. Maybe because they suspect what you said. That the Alpha camaro will make them re-evaluate the mustang. As it is, already, the new mustang has a hard time competing with the old zeta camaro. To this day still, they cant beat the Z28.. That will likely change in the gt350 or 350r though. But not until they are actually out in the public.

If the new alpha camaro will weigh less and make more power than the mustang, i will be extremely impressed with GM..
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #73
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Too long, I really do not understand why GM does not show more of the Camaro, with this hesitation from them some customers will go to the blue oval or dodge instead, this waiting game is ridiculous. :(
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #74
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
thePill is simply one of those people who has no purpose in his life and has nothing better to do than cook up arguments in his head for why the Camaro sucks and Mustang is God's gift to mankind. At least he finally got kicked off all the GM forums.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #75
jewc75

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Well i couldnt wait, too good of a deal came along on a 15.

Guess i will go start an intro thread.
jewc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #76
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
The wait for info is killer.....I come to this site atleast 8 times or more each day searching for the latest on the next Camaro. That being said, it has not nor will not cause me to loose interest.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #77
1GMOwner
Account Suspended

Drives: 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Well said. The Mustang and Camaro are both on my list to check out when my lease runs out. That being said, I have a long history with Camaro and have not been impressed by the lack of technology offered by the 6th gen Mustang. Hence why I joined here and lurk around there.
What are you talking about? The 15 Mustang wipes the floor in tech compared to the camaro.
1GMOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #78
1GMOwner
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
I just lost interest in the competition! The mustang.

I have spent alot of time over there. Like here.
There is a guy called The Pill. He just killed it for me. No way i'd be driving any thing he's cheering for. What a complete idiot.
When i signed up here, i did so because if was torn between either the new camaro or the mustang. My life was too short for brand loyalty i decided. It still is. But no way in hell im willing to drive a car that tool is pushing. Distorting facts, lyeing, blind hate for everything GM. I encourage you to go read up on his shit. It's both sad and fun at the same time. The saddest part is he has a fan club over there. The mustang guys mostly just swallows everything he says.

GM guys should be gratefull of guys like him. He ruins it for so many ford owners. Part of what has convinced me to keep an open mind for whatever GM will be releasing is the attitude in here. There is almost no brand bashing, and people praise the rumoured(likely false yet not unobtainable) nurburgring time. The better interior, and generally just a much more gearhead attitude towards cars. At mustang6g it's just blind hatred for everything GM. I hate that kind of fanboyism.

Thanks camaro guys for being you.
HAHAHAHAHA! That right there is the wierdest thing i have ever read on any forum. ALL Car manufactures have their cheerleaders. There are more people on this site that bash the mustang then any other forum ive been on. Just cut it out.. You know your a GM tool.

Last edited by 1GMOwner; 02-04-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #79
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GMOwner View Post
What are you talking about? The 15 Mustang wipes the floor in tech compared to the camaro.
No HUD, Sync (in it's current configuration) is horrible, still working with a 6spd auto, no digital speedo, no PDR, and no cylinder deactivation. Those are the ones that come to mind. Granted the current Camaro doesn't have some of those, but for the 6th gen Mustang.....I'm not impressed in some key areas.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #80
1GMOwner
Account Suspended

Quote:
No HUD, Sync (in it's current configuration) is horrible, still working with a 6spd auto, no digital speedo, no PDR, and no cylinder deactivation. Those are the ones that come to mind. Granted the current Camaro doesn't have some of those, but for the 6th gen Mustang.....I'm not impressed in some key areas.
1. No HUD, Please that isn't anything to gloat about. Cool i can see my speed on my windshield. woohoo!
2 Cylinder Deactivation = DOHC TIVV. 5.0 doesn't need it to achieve its MPG.
3. Not sure what you are referring to PDR... Help me understand this one please!
4.Sync was first ---- GM followed.
5. 6 speed is in the camaro too! I would even venture to say the Ford 6 speed is a better transmission anyway.
6. AHHH looked up PDR = Performance Data Recorder. The Camaro doesn't have this either.

Last edited by 1GMOwner; 02-04-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #81
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GMOwner View Post
1. No HUD, Please that isn't anything to gloat about. Cool i can see my speed on my windshield. woohoo!
2 Cylinder Deactivation = DOHC TIVV. 5.0 doesn't need it to achieve its MPG.
3. Not sure what you are referring to PDR... Help me understand this one please!
4.Sync was first ---- GM followed.
5. 6 speed is in the camaro too! I would even venture to say the Ford 6 speed is a better transmission anyway.
1. Everyone who has never had a HUD in their actual day to day car says the same thing. Everyone one has kept a car with HUD for some time swears they will never go without again. Regardless its a piece of technology more useful than Line Lock on the Mustang GT. Some would argue A/C, airbags, and a radio are useless items for a car. Many won't have a car without them.

2. Yes your DOHC TIVV. 5.0 gets the same mileage as a 1999 4.6L SOHC with no VVTI. That's progress there. The LT1 makes more power and in the Corvette is good for 29 MPG.

3. Sync was first...and it still sucks. It was responsible for a substantial increase in vehicle complaints by new customers.

4. We are not talking about the current Camaro. This forum is about the 6th gen Camaro which will have the 8 speed in Corvette and soon to be ATS-V. Besides there is no difference in the GM and Ford 6 speed autos. Both are built from an original ZF unit I believe. Same one used by BMW in the last generation cars. It's a good unit, but it is also dated technology at this point.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #82
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

GM designed 6 sp autos and not ZF autos in the current L99 SS 5th gen but all your other points are very much valid.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #83
1GMOwner
Account Suspended

Quote:
1. Everyone who has never had a HUD in their actual day to day car says the same thing. Everyone one has kept a car with HUD for some time swears they will never go without again. Regardless its a piece of technology more useful than Line Lock on the Mustang GT. Some would argue A/C, airbags, and a radio are useless items for a car. Many won't have a car without them. Your argument isn't valid because it depends on what the purpose of the owners cars is being used for. You cant discredit one tech for the other. Consider it a wash here.

2. Yes your DOHC TIVV. 5.0 gets the same mileage as a 1999 4.6L SOHC with no VVTI. That's progress there ( double the Power and torque Hello). The LT1 makes more power and in the Corvette is good for 29 MPG. Corvette has no bearing here it's lighter, oh and runs on 4 cylinders when no power is required however it appears more camaro owners hate it. GM has to use it otherwise you'd be paying a gas guzzler tax on every single v8 they sold. I am pretty sure the camaro only get 25MPG and requires Cylinder deactivation to compete with the ford v8.

3. Sync was first...and it still sucks. It was responsible for a substantial increase in vehicle complaints by new customers. Maybe the My Ford touch system but i have the normal sync and its fine for me.

4. We are not talking about the current Camaro. This forum is about the 6th gen Camaro which will have the 8 speed in Corvette and soon to be ATS-V. Besides there is no difference in the GM and Ford 6 speed autos. Both are built from an original ZF unit I believe. Same one used by BMW in the last generation cars. It's a good unit, but it is also dated technology at this point.
We are not taking about a Corvette either. PDR is on a Vete. By the time the 6th Gen comes out Ford will be updating the sync system and who know what else.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #84
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

And you think the Camaro would not also receive the PDR going forward? Really!