Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #71
5senna5

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
I did about twenty track days last year in my '17 SS 1LE, got swept up in the crazy Corvette rebates at year end and bought an '18 Grand Sport M7 1LT over the winter. Did three track days this year with it and then sold it and bought another '18 SS 1LE. Here are my observations... Grand Sport was probably 5% more performance for 30% more cost. I never felt that it was nervous at the limit but it wasn't any more fun or rewarding to drive than my 1LE. I installed an MGW shifter in it because the factory shifter in the Vette was absolutely awful. I will say that the MGW turned it in to an even better shifting transmission than the stock 1LE. I would do another MGW for my '18 1LE but they don't make one yet for Gen6 Camaros. I unfortunately didn't sit in the Grand Sport with a helmet on before I purchased, to find at my first track day that at 6'2" my head contacted the roof, pretty badly. I had to pull my seat forward and ghetto-lean the back in order to drive it on track. That was way less than ideal. The Grand Sport is a quicker car, however it feels at times even more so because the perception of speed is more visceral since you are lower to the ground and have less vehicle around you. All in all I should never have gotten rid of the first 1LE and I'm thrilled to have another.

Last edited by 5senna5; 06-25-2018 at 01:27 PM.
5senna5 is offline   Reply With Quote