Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #57
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
As a person with considerable experience, first-hand, with every generation of F-car, both on the street and in varied racing environments, I have never felt as confident in (nor looked forward to) the coming Generation as I do right now. I believe we have great, committed people in responsible positions overlooking the gestation of the Gen-6 Camaro. It will be a winner.

Will it be absolutely perfect in every way for everyone? No.

Will there be points of contention for people to carp about? Yes.

Will we hear about those things, ad nauseam, here? Yes.

Will those points be valid for all potential buyers? No.

Will this posting put an end to such? No.

With the suggested power team lineup (and a few versions yet to be fully revealed), it sounds like (eventually) we'll have a broad spectrum of propulsion to satisfy a wide range of buyers, at prices competitive with ALL other makes with comparable features and capabilities. I believe the interiors will be appealing to a wide range of buyers, as well. And the exterior styling, being "new", will be found to encompass design elements that are pleasing to most (after a certain period of initial adjustment on our parts). And vehicle dynamics will be as state-of-the-art as any at these price points...

I predict the Alpha-based Gen-6 Camaro will be the BEST CAMARO EVER!

And I, for one, can't wait...
And we should have the benefit of having a successful generation to jump off of. There should be more money for them to try new things and higher performance models should appear sooner in the generation than they did with the 5th. We really are blessed that GM was not only able to just survive their bankruptcy but give us a great Camaro lineup in the middle of what I am sure were some very challenging times. GM's new challenge will be being bold and resisting the urge to protect their baby. We should already be confident in the upcoming powerplants that are rumored to be available and the styling will speak for itself once revealed.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #58
Mancha87

Drives: 86 Camaro Iroc-z/87 Trans Am GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
And we should have the benefit of having a successful generation to jump off of. There should be more money for them to try new things and higher performance models should appear sooner in the generation than they did with the 5th. We really are blessed that GM was not only able to just survive their bankruptcy but give us a great Camaro lineup in the middle of what I am sure were some very challenging times. GM's new challenge will be being bold and resisting the urge to protect their baby. We should already be confident in the upcoming powerplants that are rumored to be available and the styling will speak for itself once revealed.

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Mancha87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #59
Mancha87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 Rules
1) Respect & Be Helpful — By far, the most important rule here. Generations of GM enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community, so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

We’re here as a family of enthusiasts, and we should act accordingly. And since the site is constantly gaining new members, please go out of your way to help answer others’ questions in an effort to make this an even better community. Shunning new members’ questions or rudely telling others to “search for it” is extremely discouraged.

2) Agree to disagree — We encourage spirited discussions where members can contribute to the forum, and we understand that not everyone will be in agreement on a particular subject. However, repeated opposing posts with disrespectful intent to ‘win’ a debate will be moderated accordingly.

Taken together, those first two site rules basically amount to: don't troll

None-the-less my friend those are in fact the incorrect headlights....

Thanks a million for your contribution.

& special thanks to DGthe3(moderator) for bringing these ever so important rules to my attention.

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Old 07-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #60
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Dude, don't troll us. That's just not nice. A joke about the headlights that were discussed for months is a little different than trolling. It's a chill atmosphere here as long as you're friendly to other members. Is that really a crazy thing to ask?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #61
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Not sure...

Quote:
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #62
Mancha87

Quote:
Dude, don't troll us. That's just not nice. A joke about the headlights that were discussed for months is a little different than trolling. It's a chill atmosphere here as long as you're friendly to other members. Is that really a crazy thing to ask?
Broski! Thats all I ask as well! All due respect, if you want to feel nostaligic pls start your own thread.

Trolling is trolling & what you & your bud are doing is trolling....

But its whatevs, if you want to discuss this further, pls feel free to pm me!

"If you disagree with the content/course of a discussion, you are completely free to leave a thread (and do with yourself as you please).
But don't hang around just to throw jabs & try and stir up trouble."

In this case I'd rather you PM me & maybe enlighten me on the headlight joke! Then we can feel nostalgic together!

Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #63
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
And here you are, stirring up trouble with potent sarcasm and hostility.

The joke is that some guys were very concerned about the spy shots for the 2010 Camaro. The car was rigged with the headlights in that smiley. It was a big concern and resulted in a lot of discussion regarding the unreleased Camaro.

Right now, we don't have spy shots or a concept to discuss, so in my opinion any joke about Camaro design or development is fair game.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #64
Mancha87

Quote:
And here you are, stirring up trouble with potent sarcasm and hostility.

The joke is that some guys were very concerned about the spy shots for the 2010 Camaro. The car was rigged with the headlights in that smiley. It was a big concern and resulted in a lot of discussion regarding the unreleased Camaro.

Right now, we don't have spy shots or a concept to discuss, so in my opinion any joke about Camaro design or development is fair game.
Blur! PM sent my friend, no need to have a one on one discussion with you & further muddy this thread. In fact it'd be great if yourself or DG could clean this bad boy up. I noticed someone already cleaned up my response with the two G's.... Which I admit after the rules were brought to my attention was way out of line!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #65
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Hahaha ..... Good thing we know that we don't have to worry about those! I love this thread! Makes me laugh!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #66
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancha87 View Post
Lmfao! This had me rolling........

Not really....
and yet it got you to reply to the post

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #67
Mancha87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
and yet it got you to reply to the post

Your right! Keep up the good work....

Old 07-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #68
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Not sure...

Now that's just not fair.....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #69
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
OK, the official crystal ball says........
1)Bump steer on high speed parking lot maneuvers will be solved by a reflash.
2) The thin paint on the inner fenderwells will be covered by a TSB that involves spraying the area with undercoating.
3)The AFM lifter ticking will be repaired using the 107th revision of the lifter.
4) Well, maybe the 108th.

The car will be like all new models, stuff will come up that nobody foresaw, or didn't show up in testing. Design features ( Steering wheel, Radio, Gauges) are subjective and are not "problems".
Old 07-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #70
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Now that's just not fair.....