Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #169
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
I have a v6 14, it's nice. I would've preferred a v8 but bought on impulse due to the color I got which is a deep magenta metallic finish. Oh it's a manual too .

It's odd I read that some of you folks get people to rev engine etc. here in Oklahoma, my buddies have v8 camaros and challengers and they don't get that attention lol
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #170
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
I have a v6 14, it's nice. I would've preferred a v8 but bought on impulse due to the color I got which is a deep magenta metallic finish. Oh it's a manual too .

It's odd I read that some of you folks get people to rev engine etc. here in Oklahoma, my buddies have v8 camaros and challengers and they don't get that attention lol
V6 & manual... You get the fun & better fuel economy. Winner.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #171
BadSport340

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS, 1973 Dart Sport 340
I wonder where all this bigotry comes from. Aren't we all here because we love Camaros? We all know an SS is faster than a 6 banger if they're both stock... it's nothing new and has been that way for about 50 years now. Maybe some very vocal and confrontational people just want the satisfaction of knowing that they have a more expensive/faster car than somebody else? So if there's a group of SS owners talking about how awesome their cars are, and there's some guy with a V6 that's getting hated on, there's going to be an inferiority complex there. Of course people with the lower end cars are going to feel the need to justify their purchase if they're constantly being told their car isn't "the real deal" or that they "should have gotten a V8". This inferiority complex is only getting made worse with each new "V6 vs V8" thread. When you back somebody into a corner, they're going to lash out. When you bash somebody's car, they're going to defend themselves! Especially if they're enthusiastic about cars. At least we can recognize that these threads quickly turn into big arguments...

More often than not it's the SS owners that bash on the V6's and the V6 owners feel the need to defend themselves in some way. When there are some V6 guys bashing on an SS, it's usually because they were made to feel inferior on some level. "Man, this V6 is so slow and I hate it" is not something that I really see from people that actually own a V6.. Most V6ers are content with what they've got, and the same goes for V8ists. The people that want to upgrade will upgrade, and the people that don't won't. So what's the problem? See, that's the thing.. People are generally pretty happy with what they got right up until other "enthusiasts" try to push their beliefs on them.

I see this trend in tons of other places as well. For example.... watches. Person A may buy a Seiko. Nice build quality, automatic movement that'll run for a long time between being serviced. All is great until person B comes along and says Seiko makes junk and Rolex is the only way to go. Then the whole "It costs 10x as much but is it really 10x as good" discussion starts. At the end of it, the Rolex fanboy still thinks Rolex is the best watch on earth and the guy with the Seiko isn't as happy with his watch as he once was. What good came of that situation? None. Nothing at all.

Next... I'm a Mopar enthusiast. I've got a hopped up 340 4 speed Dart and I hang out on some Mopar forums. People often ask how to hop up their 318 and the most common answer is "Get a 360 or 340". If they had the extra coin (SS/ZL1/1LE/Z28), they probably would have gotten a 360 and not a cheaper and less powerful 318 (RS/LS/LT). Even people that have a 340 (more desirable and way more expensive) catch some hate because the 360 (cheaper) can make the same power when built up right. Although from my experience, people are much less divided on this stuff. We love a clean slant six just like we love tire-shredding 426 Hemis (Ok...we'd take a 426 over a 225, but most of us still love both).

No matter what hobby you're in, there will always be people that feel the need to put other people down so that they can feel better about themselves. There's always "that guy" who needs to be patted on the back and told he has the best car/watch/house/stamp collection or whatever, and there will always be people who are content with what they have. This forum is full of knowledge and friendly people. It's just a shame that some people are so stuck in their ways that they ruin the fun for others.

I'll get off my soapbox now. If anybody has anything to say, I'll keep an open mind. Most people here are awesome, and I'm sure most of you have the mental capacity to have a civil conversation without resorting to flinging poo at each other like gorillas.
BadSport340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #172
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSport340 View Post
I wonder where all this bigotry comes from. Aren't we all here because we love Camaros? We all know an SS is faster than a 6 banger if they're both stock... it's nothing new and has been that way for about 50 years now. Maybe some very vocal and confrontational people just want the satisfaction of knowing that they have a more expensive/faster car than somebody else? So if there's a group of SS owners talking about how awesome their cars are, and there's some guy with a V6 that's getting hated on, there's going to be an inferiority complex there. Of course people with the lower end cars are going to feel the need to justify their purchase if they're constantly being told their car isn't "the real deal" or that they "should have gotten a V8". This inferiority complex is only getting made worse with each new "V6 vs V8" thread. When you back somebody into a corner, they're going to lash out. When you bash somebody's car, they're going to defend themselves! Especially if they're enthusiastic about cars. At least we can recognize that these threads quickly turn into big arguments...

More often than not it's the SS owners that bash on the V6's and the V6 owners feel the need to defend themselves in some way. When there are some V6 guys bashing on an SS, it's usually because they were made to feel inferior on some level. "Man, this V6 is so slow and I hate it" is not something that I really see from people that actually own a V6.. Most V6ers are content with what they've got, and the same goes for V8ists. The people that want to upgrade will upgrade, and the people that don't won't. So what's the problem? See, that's the thing.. People are generally pretty happy with what they got right up until other "enthusiasts" try to push their beliefs on them.

I see this trend in tons of other places as well. For example.... watches. Person A may buy a Seiko. Nice build quality, automatic movement that'll run for a long time between being serviced. All is great until person B comes along and says Seiko makes junk and Rolex is the only way to go. Then the whole "It costs 10x as much but is it really 10x as good" discussion starts. At the end of it, the Rolex fanboy still thinks Rolex is the best watch on earth and the guy with the Seiko isn't as happy with his watch as he once was. What good came of that situation? None. Nothing at all.

Next... I'm a Mopar enthusiast. I've got a hopped up 340 4 speed Dart and I hang out on some Mopar forums. People often ask how to hop up their 318 and the most common answer is "Get a 360 or 340". If they had the extra coin (SS/ZL1/1LE/Z28), they probably would have gotten a 360 and not a cheaper and less powerful 318 (RS/LS/LT). Even people that have a 340 (more desirable and way more expensive) catch some hate because the 360 (cheaper) can make the same power when built up right. Although from my experience, people are much less divided on this stuff. We love a clean slant six just like we love tire-shredding 426 Hemis (Ok...we'd take a 426 over a 225, but most of us still love both).

No matter what hobby you're in, there will always be people that feel the need to put other people down so that they can feel better about themselves. There's always "that guy" who needs to be patted on the back and told he has the best car/watch/house/stamp collection or whatever, and there will always be people who are content with what they have. This forum is full of knowledge and friendly people. It's just a shame that some people are so stuck in their ways that they ruin the fun for others.

I'll get off my soapbox now. If anybody has anything to say, I'll keep an open mind. Most people here are awesome, and I'm sure most of you have the mental capacity to have a civil conversation without resorting to flinging poo at each other like gorillas.
I was gearing up to really go at it....the gloves were off and we were going to centre ice.....then I read the "pooh" comment......had to laugh so now I don't know Iwhat to do haha.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #173
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
Obviously, I prefer to use 8-coconut shells -- gets me there faster

ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #174
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...29389765,d.eWE
Old 08-08-2016, 06:12 PM   #175
firestone70

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
"More often than not it's the SS owners that bash on the V6's and the V6 owners feel the need to defend themselves in some way. When there are some V6 guys bashing on an SS, it's usually because they were made to feel inferior on some level."

While i give you credit for a fair post I find it interesting that being an owner of a V6 you find that V6 owners are just defending themselves. I went back and read quite a few of these threads and with an open mind and trying to be as fair as I could being an SS owner.

I honestly feel that the majority of what I have read sounds like V6 owners actually bashing V8 owners for buying a car that is "overkill" and cannot justify the purchase as the V6 is good enough for them. (except Mr. Stacey. He seems to be an exception.)

The basic point that everyone is missing is that the cars attract two completely different
types of people. They are built and promoted to these groups of people. It does not always hold true but in general the person who buys a V6 will not understand the need to have a V8 with the suspension and brakes and all that come with it. They just wont, because they are not interested and can't see the advantages or justify the cost of purchase or ownership (even when they could afford it). They have different needs and desires. Even that immature a$$ Tenacity openly admitted he got his car strictly for looks and chicks. He just could not understand why anyone needed a V8.

Now the other side of the coin. The V8 owner who can not seem to understand why even bother buy a Camaro if you don't buy a V8. They too can not fathom the thought and will get the V8 even when they are stretching it a bit and can not afford the V8 (I know a couple). They are not bashing the V6 guys, they just don't see the point of not getting the V8 with the better suspension and brakes and such.

Either way everyone will get defensive when it comes to the perception of being attacked for what they believe. Thus the difference in the view you have from the threads as compared to the view I have. It is all perception and bias. We can' help it.

So this long winded post is my biased view of how I see things. Agree or disagree but the beliefs of others will not change based on expressed opinions. They are ingrained in each of us. Just different types of people.
firestone70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #176
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:

]More often than not it's the SS owners that bash on the V6's and the V6 owners feel the need to defend themselves in some way. When there are some V6 guys bashing on an SS, it's usually because they were made to feel inferior on some level. "Man, this V6 is[/B][/B] so slow and I hate it" is not something that I really see from people that actually own a V6.. Most V6ers are content with what they've got, and the same goes for V8ists[/B]. The people that want to upgrade will upgrade, and the people that don't won't. So what's the problem? See, that's the thing.. People are generally pretty happy with what they got right up until other "enthusiasts" try to push their beliefs on them.

Exactly. Tired of getting told my car is slow and that it's not a real Camaro. IMO the V8 for me is too much, that's why I got the V6. And I would never put anyone down, including the 4 banger guys. Can't we all get along and enjoy our cars
Cenafan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #177
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
What the hell Ragnar......I was in on that post until ivread the slinging pooh sentence.....I was sure how to report after that. You came up with the perfect response.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #178
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone70 View Post
"More often than not it's the SS owners that bash on the V6's and the V6 owners feel the need to defend themselves in some way. When there are some V6 guys bashing on an SS, it's usually because they were made to feel inferior on some level."

While i give you credit for a fair post I find it interesting that being an owner of a V6 you find that V6 owners are just defending themselves. I went back and read quite a few of these threads and with an open mind and trying to be as fair as I could being an SS owner.

I honestly feel that the majority of what I have read sounds like V6 owners actually bashing V8 owners for buying a car that is "overkill" and cannot justify the purchase as the V6 is good enough for them. (except Mr. Stacey. He seems to be an exception.)

The basic point that everyone is missing is that the cars attract two completely different
types of people. They are built and promoted to these groups of people. It does not always hold true but in general the person who buys a V6 will not understand the need to have a V8 with the suspension and brakes and all that come with it. They just wont, because they are not interested and can't see the advantages or justify the cost of purchase or ownership (even when they could afford it). They have different needs and desires. Even that immature a$$ Tenacity openly admitted he got his car strictly for looks and chicks. He just could not understand why anyone needed a V8.

Now the other side of the coin. The V8 owner who can not seem to understand why even bother buy a Camaro if you don't buy a V8. They too can not fathom the thought and will get the V8 even when they are stretching it a bit and can not afford the V8 (I know a couple). They are not bashing the V6 guys, they just don't see the point of not getting the V8 with the better suspension and brakes and such.

Either way everyone will get defensive when it comes to the perception of being attacked for what they believe. Thus the difference in the view you have from the threads as compared to the view I have. It is all perception and bias. We can' help it.

So this long winded post is my biased view of how I see things. Agree or disagree but the beliefs of others will not change based on expressed opinions. They are ingrained in each of us. Just different types of people.

Your typing skills are exceptional.

Your perspective -- insightful.

Just so glad you didn't use "poooo" in your context

Now lets get this thread up to 15 pages -- don't want to disappoint Kayla L.

...and that's why...

(wait for it)

I drive a v8
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #179
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:

I agree with most of what you stated.
for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone70 View Post

The same applies to automatic vs manual, SS vs ZL1, 5th vs 6th generations.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #180
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I was gonna take a bath, but those two people took the boxes with the soap in them and stood on them for far too long.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #181
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
5th gen is one of the most attractive American made cars of the last 30 years. Regardless of what engine is in it. It should be celebrated in all of its glorious forms. Ice cream is a wonderful thing that comes in different flavors so different indivuals can enjoy there favorite. Imagine if there was only one choice of engine, one choice of color, one choice of suspension, one choice of tires. That would be boring, just like if there was only one flavor of ice cream, boring. In America, we have choices, we have freedom. We have freedom to choose what kind of Camaro as indivuals we want, and we own.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:26 PM   #182
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
www.camaro5.com