Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Exclamation dealer wont warranty anything!!!!

So i called my local dealer this morning and asked them if they would warranty my car if i put headers on it. They said no they would not.I asked them what about if i let them do the install.They still said no. I asked him about the law on warranties that if a component fails and it is not related to the part i changed how wuld i not have warranty, he responded by telling me how am i going to feel going to court against GM`s attorneys?! Then i called another dealer and the guy in service said that he would warranty only the headers that they sell and he transfered me to parts. The only thing the sell is stock so no use...What can i do to help persuade them?Or do you guys know any one in the miami dde area that will look out for me. I just want headers a tune and eventually a cam.
CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
well all i can say is good luck. some dealers just wont play ball and there is nothing that you can do about that. just keep searching for a dealer that will play, or nut up and forget about that warranty..
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
Well if you're getting a tune you might as well do it anyway because tune is definitely not covered in warranties
Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
First... they dont know jack.

Second, you put headers on, just assume your warranty... POWERTRAIN WARRANTY is bye bye.

Now if you put headers on and your heated seats go out... you should be fine. I would go up against any lawyer, anyday and say that my headers had ZERO affect on my heated seats.

If your engine blows up.. yea, youre up a creek without a paddle.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
3 years isn't that long. It'll be over in a flash. The mods vs. warranty issue is a dead horse now.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I believe powertrain is 5yr/100K

throwing a bit more away but i still did, 2 years and 26,000 miles ago.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
They aren't covering it and are perfectly within their legal rights to do so; you just need to deal with it. Would you rather have your warranty or headers and a tune?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
Well if you're getting a tune you might as well do it anyway because tune is definitely not covered in warranties
True dat....

Your really going to have to make the choice yourself if the warranty is really what you need that badly. For me, I have to pay to play so warranty went out the window a long time ago.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
They aren't covering it and are perfectly within their legal rights to do so; you just need to deal with it. Would you rather have your warranty or headers and a tune?
Not 100% true....

They are still legally required to fix anything that can not be tracked back to the modification. Just not the powetrain, and the computer if he tunes it.

Like I said, most of the minor, nickle dime things that go wrong with new cars these days are still covered.

OP... you have 2010... how many miles? Has it been trouble free for 2 years? If so, mod away, you will be fine. Headers are a MINOR mod.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Yea, its the dealers fault they won't warranty anything because of your mods! GET OVER IT! You want to mod your car , deal with the liability.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I will say one more thing... anyone getting pissed at GM/dealers for not honoring a warranty on a modded car are ignorant.

GM builds the car. They warranty it.. AS IT IS. You change something, they are not liable for anything that goes wrong. Its unfair to think they should. Sure, some dealers do.. but they dont have to.

My motto is... if you like the security of a warranty... NEVER TURN ONE BOLT ON THE CAR YOURSELF. That includes the oil drain plug. Take it in!!!

Me... I service all my own vehicles and mod as I see fit. Warranty... schmorantty.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
VADR_H8R

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss synergy green
just wait until you warranty is done while saving up and go all out (supercharger!) when its through!
VADR_H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
My car is almost two years old and it has 28k miles. The only thing i notice is the tranny makes noise from first to second in tap sift when im pushing it... as far as a tune goes i figured if i use a programmer i can always reset it to stock... I just know some people have dealers who still warranty the motor and i was wondereing how they get them to do it?!
CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBri View Post
My car is almost two years old and it has 28k miles. The only thing i notice is the tranny makes noise from first to second in tap sift when im pushing it... as far as a tune goes i figured if i use a programmer i can always reset it to stock... I just know some people have dealers who still warranty the motor and i was wondereing how they get them to do it?!
Ohhhh.... you have an L99... well, there are a few things to watch with those. Mainly the lifters.

A hand held even if flashed back to stock, they will know. There is a flash counter. Sorry. You need to have a reputation with a shop/dealer usually to get stuff swept under the carpet. If you dont know the service staff they are going to tell you to pound salt... sorry.